Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 (Wireless Noise Cancelling On-Ear Headphones)
Jan 25, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #46 of 374
Quote:
You can compare somehow the NC of h8 vs Bose qc25? NC and sound signature

If you want to buy me a pair of the QC25 so I can, sure. I have heard the QC25 and it still sounds like the Bose stuff - not very musical and not great soundstage (to me), so if you care about SQ for music, look elsewhere. Look at my other thread for a comparison of other Bose I've compared. My impressions are not much different. Where Bose may win is NC, so you need to figure out priorities.

Jan 25, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #47 of 374
  Quote:
If you want to buy me a pair of the QC25 so I can, sure. I have heard the QC25 and it still sounds like the Bose stuff - not very musical and not great soundstage (to me), so if you care about SQ for music, look elsewhere. Look at my other thread for a comparison of other Bose I've compared. My impressions are not much different. Where Bose may win is NC, so you need to figure out priorities.

@FenderP  Just ordered my ZX1  I hope it sounds amazing on these H8s and Shure 845s.  Now to sell the FiioX5.   Question?  do you using itunes to sync to the device?  I have a lot of playlist in there and I want to replicate them on the ZX1

Jan 25, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #48 of 374
@FenderP   Also I am wondering here.  If I use a Sony WMC-NWH10 USB Conversion Cable for Hi Res Audio Output like that one on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Sony-WMC-NWH10-Conversion-Cable-Output/dp/B00FF086HE/ref=pd_sim_e_7?ie=UTF8&refRID=1NY1YN6FV3QAGSZ08FJJ

Could I use a flash drive to expand the storage?  I'm in cyber security and I know if you root a galaxy tablet or phone which I have done in the pass you and use cable to hook up  flash drives for more storage.  Just wondering if its possible?

Jan 25, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #49 of 374
@FenderP   Is there anyway to root this device and hook a flash drive to it for more storage.  I know you can do that with Android phones.  So I'm wondering if using a Sony WMC-NWH10 USB Conversion Cable for Hi Res Audio Output (Google it or look on Amazon) will help with more storage.

Jan 26, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #51 of 374
  @FenderP   Is there anyway to root this device and hook a flash drive to it for more storage.  I know you can do that with Android phones.  So I'm wondering if using a Sony WMC-NWH10 USB Conversion Cable for Hi Res Audio Output (Google it or look on Amazon) will help with more storage.

You should check the ZX1 thread, but as far as I know, no way to root it nor would I. I am not using the WMC-NWH10 so I don't know. As I said, ask on the ZX1 thread.

Jan 26, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #52 of 374
I've been using these since the weekend, but unfortunately I'm not finding them very comfortable, they seem to squish my ears and this hurts after a while. This is really unfortunate because I really like the sound. Now I'm looking into the Sennheiser Momentum Wireless, anyone have a comparison between the H8 and the Momentum?

Jan 27, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #53 of 374
@FenderP  I got my NW-ZX1 today and I am loving it with the H8's, can't wait to pair it with the Shure 846's  I also ordered an Astell & Kern AK100ii to compare against and for the extra space.  So far the key points that I like about the ZX1 are:

Equalizer
Sound
Access to Spotify 
Ease of use ( I find this player very fun to use)

I know the AK100ii does not have access to spotify and is using Qobuz so it will be interesting to see this service in action.  

Using tools like the Sony Media Transfer, Foobar200 and Dapper the music and playlist replicate my ipod touch seemlessly.

One thing I'm noticing is the battery like of the ZX1 will greatly exceed the AK100ii (10-12hours) vs 30 hours, which might have me like you leaning toward the ZX2, 60 hours of playback and the 256GB space capacity (With and SD Card), also with the access to spotify. Time will tell and I have 30 days to return the ZX1 if I decide to get the ZX2 (1/15/15 release date)

Thanks for your help man.  Question are you or do you recommend upgrading your H8 cable? If so suggestions? 

Jan 27, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #54 of 374
  I've been using these since the weekend, but unfortunately I'm not finding them very comfortable, they seem to squish my ears and this hurts after a while. This is really unfortunate because I really like the sound. Now I'm looking into the Sennheiser Momentum Wireless, anyone have a comparison between the H8 and the Momentum?

@Macdude98  I can't speak on the Momentum Wireless but I had the Momentum before I picked up the B&W P7's,  I liked them but there were a little too warm for my taste which is why I switched.  

I feel you about the H8's smothering your ears but I think it keeps a tight seal. I'm use to over ears that give me a surround sound but with the H8's I'm finding I don't need the volume up as much because the sound is more directly on my ear.  A trick for me getting use to them is I moved them a tad bit forward on my ears and the crown of my head.  I was trying to wear them as I would wear my H6's or P7s.  Hope this helps.

Jan 27, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #55 of 374
@tattedfitguy I own the P7's as well and I find them comfortable, what do you mean by warm? Could you compare the sound to the P7 because apparently the new momentums sound a lot like it. The funny thing is that I seem to prefer the sound of the H8 to the P7 as it seems to be strong in the midrange.

Jan 27, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #56 of 374
@tattedfitguy I own the P7's as well and I find them comfortable, what do you mean by warm? Could you compare the sound to the P7 because apparently the new momentums sound a lot like it. The funny thing is that I seem to prefer the sound of the H8 to the P7 as it seems to be strong in the midrange.

@Macdude98   By being warm lets Take the song Kendrick Lamar's "Swimming Pools"  in the beginning of the song at around the 0:13 mark as the intros come in you hear the beat and two drum sticks banging together, listening to the Momentums  I heard clarity as the sticks struck together.  But listening to the same snippet of the song with the P7's I heard clarity and a little hiss along with it.  (Think of someone speaking an "S" word and as they  the word the hang on onto the "s" a second longer to fully pronounce the word)  To me the P7's have remarkable clarity over the Momentums and this was using a ipod touch with the song in mp3 format.  Imagine if I had the right equipment then.

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #57 of 374
On flight number two with the H8 - so far so good. These may actually be keepers. This time I'm on a 757 just forward of the engines and right by the middle door behind first class. The NC is pretty good on these and doesn't futz with the sound as much as other NC headphones I've owned.

They're also comfortable. I've had plenty of on ear as well as over ear headphones (NC and non-NC). I do think things like ear shape/size factor into if something works for someone or not, but the H8 should work for most people.

Listening to the Great Jazz Trio's album Blue Minor. The H8 does jazz well, and still think it pairs nicely with the ZX1 (unlike the H6).

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #58 of 374
@FenderP I am looking forward to hearing your comparison between VK-1 and H8. I really love sound sig of my VK-1, but am also thinking about getting a pair of NC headphones. thanks.

Feb 4, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #59 of 374
Hello Headphone Lovers!

I got my Beoplay H8 Monday 2.2.2015 in my B&O store in Bonn germany.
The dark color is not easy to get now,so i took the bright one.

It is a very nice headphone, sit very comfy on my head.
If too much headshake, it could fall easier down than the H6 model.

The sound is compare too the H6 much more bass-heavy, but clearer too, not like the H2.
Best sound with cable with a good audio source, dont´t need big amp for drive it well.
Bluetooth working good, with ANC (Active noise cancelling) the sound became "thinner"
and some background-noise is always hearable from the internal circuits.

Wind is a problem with ANC and walking too! Must turn it of outdoors most of the time.
Wind will produce an ugly cracking sound by confusing the mics.
The ANC ist strong and you´re clever when you keep it off, if you don´t want to feel cars
before you hear them.

Best use when in plane or trains!

The battery led got RED after 10h loud music for testing! with the first charge.
Some more hours possible at lower volume levels i guess.

The sound isn´t "sharp" like my Grados 325i or "flat" like the H6, it´s a little more "full" and sounds good
on every kind of music. It´s sometimes a bit too bassy but not muddy.
Not really audiophile, but full and nice musical performance.

500 is a high price tag, but maybe you will get the best wireless BT headphone with ANC at this time.

I keep it, use it, and will write more after 1-2 weeks of using it.

Greeting from germany

Ingo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back