Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Feb 23, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #661 of 2,875
  I hope we can see a comparaison between the Oehlbach XXL i-jack 35 and the iPH-35L :)

Btw, I spotted this FURUTECH cable on Amazon and CDjapan (it's supposedly the iHP-35 Mk2)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZIWWWCY
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOACS-55372

Do you think it's compatible with the H6?

Actually, I can check for you - the place I go regularly has all the furutech cables.  I have seen that one before, and I think it`s too big to fit.   Give me a couple of days and I`ll let you know. 

Feb 23, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #662 of 2,875

Actually, I can check for you - the place I go regularly has all the furutech cables.  I have seen that one before, and I think it`s too big to fit.   Give me a couple of days and I`ll let you know. 

Thank you, I would really appreciate that 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 23, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #663 of 2,875
the critical thing with H6 is the narrow part at the headphone where you put in the connector. On a length of approx. 8 mm the connector should not be thicker than 7 mm (the connector itself is 3.5mm as defined...) . So after the connection part not more than double the diameter of the pin itself. Looking on the pictures you provided I guess it will not fit.

Feb 28, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #665 of 2,875
Hello guys, just bought this and was really impressive with the sound, soundstage on this thing is great (coming from M50X and K3003).But i feel like it get better because i have to bump the volume all the way up on both of my ipad n iphone to get this can sound loud enough. Tend to get the AK Jr but also consider to get a portable amp/dac to use it out of my laptop as well. Would u guys recommend any good portable dac to pair with the H6 and K3003? Tks u :)

Feb 28, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #667 of 2,875
If it fits your budget, I tried both the Chord Mojo and Cypher Labs Theorem 720 with my H6s and went with the Theorem.

It's a noticeable improvement to use them with an amp, you won't regret it...

I have been planning to get a Mojo recently and pair it with my H6, can you please tell me what made you choose the Theorem 720 instead of the Mojo ?

Feb 28, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #668 of 2,875
I tried both, and it was really, really close. They are both "swiss army knives" in that they are good enough to be used both as portables and as dedicated DAC components in a quality desktop set up.

I really think the SQ of the Theorem for vocals and mids was slightly more crisp and detailed, but I don't know if I could confirm it with a DBT. The biggest difference was that as I travel a lot the bigger battery and ability to charge I-devices meant I could drop a spare battery from my travel kit with the Theorem. Also, the Theorem was designed for the Apple IOS and I live in the Apple ecosystem. Taken as a whole I went Theorem 720 and haven't regretted it.

If travel and MacBook/Iphone aren't your thing, couldn't blame you if you went with the Mojo...

Feb 29, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #672 of 2,875
Amazon is now listing 2nd generation H6 headphones, with this description:
  1. Sound Design - Enhanced sound so you can hear all the details of your music when you're on the move
  2. A more industrial, robust shape to the arms and housing that has clear visual reference to H7 and H8
  3. Adjusted the mono-arm angle for more flexibility and a better fit
  4. Matte polymer instead of shiny to reflect the light more beautifully
  5. Ear cap polished to a finer texture to avoid dirt sticking to the surface and to maximize the circular light reflection

The photos look the same as the H6 they've had listed, and I don't see any mention of a revision on B&O's website. Anyone know what's up? 

I'm about to buy my pair, after demoing them against the Oppo PM-3 (thanks to the loaner program). B&O has new/refurbished units for $275 now, too: http://www.beoplay.com/landingpages/refurbished/h6_refurbished.

Feb 29, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #673 of 2,875
Initially, it appears that the only way to tell the 2nd Gen version apart from the original version is by their different model numbers.  Other than that, they appear to be physically identical.

It will be interesting to find out what actually has changed with the 2nd Gen versions once someone is able to do a side-by-side comparison with the original version.

popcorn.gif

Mar 1, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #675 of 2,875

So I tested that Furutech cable and I can confirm that it does not work with the H6, not even close: 

Thank you for looking into it.

So basically, we have three choices :

- Oehlbach XXL i-jack 35
- iPH-35L
- Lavriks Silver cable (I have one already, but I sent it back to Latvia for repair as I clumsly broke it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back