Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Jun 5, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #423 of 2,875
Just ordered the H6 after reading the whole thread. Now I have one question left. I would like to connect the H6 to my pioneer receiver, which requires a 6,5 mm jackplug, and a longer cable.(3 meters). Which cable should I get, I can pay the b&o one, but that one is still rather short.

thanks in advance!

Jun 5, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #425 of 2,875
  Just ordered the H6 after reading the whole thread. Now I have one question left. I would like to connect the H6 to my pioneer receiver, which requires a 6,5 mm jackplug, and a longer cable.(3 meters). Which cable should I get, I can pay the b&o one, but that one is still rather short.

thanks in advance!

This one is available on Amazon. I bought the shorter 1.5m version out of curiosity, and it works fine. 

http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-upgrade-Stereo-Olufsen-headphones/dp/B00MT5BU7Q/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1433556743&sr=1-4&keywords=h6+cable

Jun 10, 2015 at 2:48 AM Post #426 of 2,875
  This one is available on Amazon. I bought the shorter 1.5m version out of curiosity, and it works fine. 

http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-upgrade-Stereo-Olufsen-headphones/dp/B00MT5BU7Q/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1433556743&sr=1-4&keywords=h6+cable

Thanks, will check it out!

edit: sadly they do not deliver to the netherlands.. Will have to look further

Jun 11, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #427 of 2,875

Actually I tried that. The sound changed dramatically for the worst. extensions will not work. I ordered a 3m replacement cable from eBay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/311037727218 Ive bought several before for other headphones, they are nice.

Thanks for the link. Bougth the 3m version of these. Will report back with my opinion!

Jun 20, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #429 of 2,875
Got the red and black Dj Khaled edition yesterday and they are pretty nice. 

But i'm not a big fan of the cable that comes with them. It's long, have iphone controls(i use android) and have a spiral on the end. 
I'm therfore looking for a upgrade cable. Not much to find on ebay, so i'm wondering what else will fit. Will the B&W P5 cable fit?

Jun 20, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #430 of 2,875
  Got the red and black Dj Khaled edition yesterday and they are pretty nice. 

But i'm not a big fan of the cable that comes with them. It's long, have iphone controls(i use android) and have a spiral on the end. 
I'm therfore looking for a upgrade cable. Not much to find on ebay, so i'm wondering what else will fit. Will the B&W P5 cable fit?

Unfortunately, No. The B&W P5/P7 cables use a 2.5mm plug on the headphone side. 

The only pre-made aftermarket cable is the one link a few posts above. Besides that, you'll have to get one custom made. Just make sure the plug on the headphone side is less than 6mm in diameter, or else it won't fit into the slot. 

Jun 20, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #431 of 2,875
Unfortunately, No. The B&W P5/P7 cables use a 2.5mm plug on the headphone side. 

The only pre-made aftermarket cable is the one link a few posts above. Besides that, you'll have to get one custom made. Just make sure the plug on the headphone side is less than 6mm in diameter, or else it won't fit into the slot. 

The V-Moda audio-only cables also work fine.

Jul 4, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #433 of 2,875
Just got my blue BeoPlay H6, and I've got to say, they're fantastic.

At first, I was rather worried, as they sounded quiet and "muddy", but it turned out I'd not pushed the cable far enough in to the headphones - once I did this, it was great. I'm coming from some bass-heavy headphones (Sony XB-700) but these sound so much better, even though I did like the heavy bass of the XB-700's.

It's amazing how different the songs sound, even compared to my BeoPlay H3's.

Jul 27, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #434 of 2,875
I finally found my holy grail sound!

I wish more people could experience the Beoplay H6, I am very impressed with the sound from these cans. Enough so, that I think I might be done for my work/commuting headphones :)

Thanks to everyone on this thread, your opinions were really helpful!

Aug 14, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #435 of 2,875
  I finally found my holy grail sound!  I wish more people could experience the Beoplay H6, I am very impressed with the sound from these cans. Enough so, that I think I might be done for my work/commuting headphones :)  Thanks to everyone on this thread, your opinions were really helpful!

Faustous...I believe I am in complete agreement with you.

I am late to the party...story of my life.  I picked up the H6 at one of those airport electronic gadget chains...special edition graphite/blush color (gray/red for the un-hip)...$299.  This would not have been my first color choice, but the other options were full MSRP...so price clearly influenced my decision.   In truth, the gray is a bit darker than it appears in the photos I had seen, and the red on the ear cups a bit more subdued.  So, now that I have convinced myself that I am OK with the unusual color scheme, I will say that once I heard the sound that came out of the these headphones...well, the color of the leather and anodized aluminum will never again enter my mind.

I used them on the flight in lieu of my SE535's...my previous "go to" for on the go listening.  The H6 actually isolate pretty well.  I would say the isolation is comparable to the 535's..which were never the best choice for noise isolation, anyway.

The clarity, imaging, and bass/mid/treble balance of the H6 is, for me, perfect.  Faustous use of "holy grail" to describe the sound of the H6 is entirely appropriate.  It is a closed back headphone, so the sound stage is not AKGK7 wide...to be expected, right?  Comfort is excellent.  I wore these for over an hour in the first use without even being aware that they were on my head.  I have to say that I don't get the "bass light" comments...I would describe these are extremely accurate...the right amount of bass.

I am seriously thinking of putting my P7's up for sale...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back