Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Apr 16, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #392 of 2,875

Your not by any chance listening to them too loud?

I don't think any louder than other head phones. Or maybe because the mids are a little recessed and that's what I listen to most I have had to turn them up louder and hear the higher frequencies too loud? 

Or maybe its one of the spikes that innerfidelity's graphs have shown?

Apr 16, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #393 of 2,875
I don't think any louder than other head phones. Or maybe because the mids are a little recessed and that's what I listen to most I have had to turn them up louder and hear the higher frequencies too loud? 

Or maybe its one of the spikes that innerfidelity's graphs have shown?

Maybe try and eq the spikes down and see if you find them as fatiguing.

Apr 19, 2015 at 3:39 AM Post #396 of 2,875

Just ordered a pair of the red/black dj khaled h6, hopefully these sound the same as the pair i demoed. They were a bit expensive due to the exchange rate but if they sound how i think they sound it should be worth it.

What is your impression about the Dj khaled version, i'm considering picking up ones.

They're not scheduled to arrive till the 27th unfortunately, i will post my impressions once i get them. Going to put them up against my pm-3's :D

Apr 19, 2015 at 5:21 AM Post #397 of 2,875
Excellent!, i already got the special edition of h6, but still want another 
rolleyes.gif
. Today i did compare the h6 to the senn m2. The m2 has warmer midrange, more punchy and deeper bass , but in terms of treble and imaging the h6 beats the m2. The treble on the m2 is a little bit dry and unnatural when the treble on the h6 is very airy, open and natural.

Apr 19, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #398 of 2,875
Has anyone here paired the H6 with a FiiO E18 with the gain set to high? I notice a certain fullness and improved mid-range to the sound. I wonder if anyone else notices it too.

Apr 21, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #400 of 2,875
I just received my H6s yesterday and it has a sound signature that I fell in love with instantly.  I'm really digging the detail, imaging and soundstage.  The mids are clear and the bass is near perfect to my ears.  The only thing I can fault is the travel bag.  A flimsy microfiber bag?  Really?  Who knows, maybe B&O are so confident in the build quality that there was no need for a hard case.  Still, it would have been nice to have.

It's still a little early, but I'm pretty sure I finally found the portable, closed can I was looking for.  I have tried several (MDR7520, HP50, P7 + a few others I can't remember) and while most were very competent, all of them had at least one issue.  The H6 is the first one that I can't find an issue with. 

Apr 21, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #401 of 2,875
Quote:

The only thing I can fault is the travel bag.

I have the F2 CASE from GoCase http://www.gocase.com/collections/headphone-cases/products/f2-case-for-fold-flat-headphones. It's sturdy enough to protect the H6 from any harm.

Apr 24, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #404 of 2,875
Deeeeeee Jaaaaayyyyyy Khaleeeeeeed!!!!!
LOL, just got them today and thought i'd post my intial impressions. Out of the box the i think the red looks better in person, its not as dark as i thought and looks quite good in direct sunlight. On the head the clamping force is firm but they are still quite comfortable, isolation is very good, the headband padding seems firmer than what i remember of the other special edition but is comfortable enough. The cable is actually coiled which i was not aware of, its fairly long maybe 3m if stretched out. From where it plugs into the headphones theres roughly a 1.5m section of straight cable before you get to the coiled section and its terminated with a 90 degree 3.5mm jack. It feels fairly sturdy and strong, theres also a 3 button inline remote.
Soundwise they sound pretty much the same as the the blush special edition pair i tried in store so i guess someone put the wrong drivers in them. Unfortunately that means i still have not heard what the original h6 sounds like so i cannot make any comparisons. I can tell you that if you love bass you'll love the dj khaled model, its big, its bold and definitely in your face. That being said its also quite well controlled, it doesnt overpower the mids and i wouldn't call them muddy. Mids come across as fairly neutral however there does seem to be a slight tilt towards the upper mids so female voices seem to have a bit more presence. The top end does have some emphasis to my ears but its done quite well, its clear and crisp sounding enough to keep things exciting without being overly harsh and sibilant. One ares that really impressed me is the soundstage, for a fairly small closed back can they're able to sound quite open and spacious. Its quite noticeable when comparing them to my oppo pm-3, the pm-3 sounds like i'm listening in a narrow room where as the h6 sounds like i'm in a much more open space. Imaging and seperation is probably not quite as good on h6 but i wouldn't say its bad either.
The only negative thing i can say is they do not come with a carry case, I guess the dj khaled branding meant b&o had to cut costs. I also would have liked another cable for portable use, the included coiled cable is far too long for that. I'll just use my oppo pm-3 remote cable for now.

Apr 25, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #405 of 2,875
  Deeeeeee Jaaaaayyyyyy Khaleeeeeeed!!!!!
LOL, just got them today and thought i'd post my intial impressions. Out of the box the i think the red looks better in person, its not as dark as i thought and looks quite good in direct sunlight. On the head the clamping force is firm but they are still quite comfortable, isolation is very good, the headband padding seems firmer than what i remember of the other special edition but is comfortable enough. The cable is actually coiled which i was not aware of, its fairly long maybe 3m if stretched out. From where it plugs into the headphones theres roughly a 1.5m section of straight cable before you get to the coiled section and its terminated with a 90 degree 3.5mm jack. It feels fairly sturdy and strong, theres also a 3 button inline remote.
Soundwise they sound pretty much the same as the the blush special edition pair i tried in store so i guess someone put the wrong drivers in them. Unfortunately that means i still have not heard what the original h6 sounds like so i cannot make any comparisons. I can tell you that if you love bass you'll love the dj khaled model, its big, its bold and definitely in your face. That being said its also quite well controlled, it doesnt overpower the mids and i wouldn't call them muddy. Mids come across as fairly neutral however there does seem to be a slight tilt towards the upper mids so female voices seem to have a bit more presence. The top end does have some emphasis to my ears but its done quite well, its clear and crisp sounding enough to keep things exciting without being overly harsh and sibilant. One ares that really impressed me is the soundstage, for a fairly small closed back can they're able to sound quite open and spacious. Its quite noticeable when comparing them to my oppo pm-3, the pm-3 sounds like i'm listening in a narrow room where as the h6 sounds like i'm in a much more open space. Imaging and seperation is probably not quite as good on h6 but i wouldn't say its bad either.
The only negative thing i can say is they do not come with a carry case, I guess the dj khaled branding meant b&o had to cut costs. I also would have liked another cable for portable use, the included coiled cable is far too long for that. I'll just use my oppo pm-3 remote cable for now.

Good impression! FYI, the standard and special edition doesn't come with carry case either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back