Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Feb 15, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #301 of 2,875
  No adaptor included. It of course works fine with one if needed.

I didn't even think about that as I have like a handful of those lying around that has accumulated over time and also I mainly use the H6 with my HRT MicroStreamer.

B&O is among the best names in industrial design.  It is ridiculous for the $45 cable doesn't come with an 6.3mm adaptor.  Does it cost that much?

Feb 15, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #302 of 2,875

B&O is among the best names in industrial design.  It is ridiculous for the $45 cable doesn't come with an 6.3mm adaptor.  Does it cost that much?

I disagree that the cable should come with a adaptor as I think the majority of people would have no need for it, thus making it simply a waste of resources. Surely those needing an adaptor can easily get one.

Also as I have mentioned several times the price of the cable is likely to be high as it was bought in Denmark so do not get hung up on the $45 (wages here are high - fx. someone with a McJob  here will make like $3000 a month on the standard 37.5 hour work week).

Feb 15, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #303 of 2,875
Well I finally got a good listen to these headphones with my apex glacier and I can say I really enjoy them. Possibly even more than my p7's with the glacier as it adds a bit of kick to the bass that really makes edm music that little bit more enjoyable. P7's do isolate better though so I think they'd still be my preferred choice for portability especially now with how worn in and comfortable they are. Stock vs stock the h6's are a fair bit more comfortable due to the lighter clamping force combined with the lighter feeling weight (not actually sure if they are lighter but they do feel so on the head).

If the pm3's aren't all I hope they will be I might pick up a set of these and decide which of the p7's or these I would keep long term for portable use.

Feb 20, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #304 of 2,875
Are they really a step up from the AKG K551/K550 ? I loved mine and sold it .... looking to buy another pair as I really loved their neutrally bright sound ! Would I be really happier with the H6 which is about 200$ more here ?

Feb 21, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #305 of 2,875
Are they really a step up from the AKG K551/K550 ? I loved mine and sold it .... looking to buy another pair as I really loved their neutrally bright sound ! Would I be really happier with the H6 which is about 200$ more here ?

If you are more after a more natural and with better presence of bass, I would suggest you to look into the H6 DJ Khaled edition. :) it's better than both the standard H6 and K550 / K551 IMO

Feb 22, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #306 of 2,875

As I've mentioned earlier, if you don't mind amping, the H6 can easily be the best all rounder IMO. I pair it with a FiiO aux cable with Oyaide copper wires to give it that bit more warmth and also with my iPhone 6 Plus paired with FiiO E07k portable DAC with Apple's Lightning to USB CCK to bypass the iPhone's internal DAC.

By doing so I can tweak the treble/bass balance to my heart's content. I tweak the bass up by quite a bit because we all know the H6 is lacking in that department. But honestly the H6 is capable of some thumping good bass! It's just not tuned that way out of the box.

So now my H6 has got more punch in the low ends and yet retain much of it's awesome clarity that I think defines the H6 listening experience.

Feb 22, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #307 of 2,875
Has anyone tried them on a bus/train/subway or a plane? I am wondering about their noise isolation, since I commute 2 hours a day via the extremely noisy London tube, and not sure if I should replace my bose qc25 for them.

Thanks!

Feb 22, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #308 of 2,875
Has anyone tried them on a bus/train/subway or a plane? I am wondering about their noise isolation, since I commute 2 hours a day via the extremely noisy London tube, and not sure if I should replace my bose qc25 for them.

Thanks!

Better than QC25 (NC off). Can't compete with QC25 (NC on).

Feb 23, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #309 of 2,875

Thanks!

The isolation is passable on bus/subway, nothing to write home about though.

Feb 23, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #311 of 2,875
I see!

What do you think it's better - Changing the QC25 for the H6 or keeping them for commuting and saving for some higher grade open-back headphones for home use?

Thanks again :)

Depends if you wear a beanie. I find with the h6, isolation goes to crap if I wear a beanie in the winter. Never tried that with the QC25 however. I didn't find the isolation to be particularly impressive with the QC15 even I auditioned them in the Apple store. Without a beanie, with music 3/4 of my max listening volume I can't really complain about the H6 on transit. My advice, go to Apple store and try out the H6. There's usually a lot of background noise at those stores so it's a good test.

the passive passive isolation on DT770 32ohm (pleather pads) is better than the active noise cancellation on AP15/25 imho. Very different sound signatures though.

Feb 24, 2015 at 4:13 AM Post #312 of 2,875
Depends if you wear a beanie. I find with the h6, isolation goes to crap if I wear a beanie in the winter. Never tried that with the QC25 however. I didn't find the isolation to be particularly impressive with the QC15 even I auditioned them in the Apple store. Without a beanie, with music 3/4 of my max listening volume I can't really complain about the H6 on transit. My advice, go to Apple store and try out the H6. There's usually a lot of background noise at those stores so it's a good test.

the passive passive isolation on DT770 32ohm (pleather pads) is better than the active noise cancellation on AP15/25 imho. Very different sound signatures though.

Wow really? That's incredible! I have read that nothing can beat the Bose in terms of their ability of transporting you into a quiet room - I need to definitely give them a try then :)

Thanks for the advice! Will try and have a look at both pairs.

Feb 24, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #313 of 2,875
Just found a deal, 

http://store.hypebeast.com/brands/b-o-play-by-bang-olufsen/black-leather-beoplay-h6-three-button-remote-headphones

using the code SP20 you could have a 20%, valid for 48 hrs only.

I purchased one using another code and got 10% ( now I wish I could delay my purchase a little bit later) and the headphones
have arrived at my friend's place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back