Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Jan 26, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #286 of 2,875
Update - the day after I got in touch with B&O Customer Service, the store called me up and told me that had a replacement set for me that I could come pick up at my leisure.

I picked them up two days ago, and they are perfect - a good stable connection with no fallouts so far.

Until now I've not amped them, as they don't fit into neither of my amps, so I'll have to figure out a solution to that.

But so far I'm very happy with them, and happy with B&O Customer service :)

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #287 of 2,875
  Update - the day after I got in touch with B&O Customer Service, the store called me up and told me that had a replacement set for me that I could come pick up at my leisure.

I picked them up two days ago, and they are perfect - a good stable connection with no fallouts so far.

Until now I've not amped them, as they don't fit into neither of my amps, so I'll have to figure out a solution to that.

But so far I'm very happy with them, and happy with B&O Customer service :)

That's awesome! Congrats on a positive resolution to the issue. B&O probably called the retailer and told them what's up. :p 

Jan 28, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #288 of 2,875
I'm still losing a seal on these when I move my mouth... dat jawline
Lost seal = literally zero bass

Dunno what to do as I love the headphones in every other way 

Feb 3, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #290 of 2,875
Until now I've not amped them, as they don't fit into neither of my amps, so I'll have to figure out a solution to that.[quote/]

V-moda audio only cable ?

Should work. I have that cable, will try it on the H6 tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 9, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #291 of 2,875
Real busy here so it took a little while until I got to pick up the B&O cable I ordered, but here it is:

As mentioned in my original post I bought the 2.5 meter cable that is just out and here in Denmark it was priced at $45.

Not much to say about it as the only thing special is that the connectors fits in the tiny space of the H6, other than that it's a traditional stereo only cable. I would have preferred the cable to be something other than black or as it says on the box "True black", but black works and the quality is okay. It feels sort of rubber like to the touch and "remembers" the shape it was transported in to some extent without it feeling as if it won't straighten itself over time.

Sound is good - no issues. I have only had time to a short listen, but neither Leonard Cohen, Chrissie Hynde  nor St. Vincent seems to suffer from the slightly longer cable.

Feb 10, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #292 of 2,875
  Real busy here so it took a little while until I got to pick up the B&O cable I ordered, but here it is:

As mentioned in my original post I bought the 2.5 meter cable that is just out and here in Denmark it was priced at $45.

Not much to say about it as the only thing special is that the connectors fits in the tiny space of the H6, other than that it's a traditional stereo only cable. I would have preferred the cable to be something other than black or as it says on the box "True black", but black works and the quality is okay. It feels sort of rubber like to the touch and "remembers" the shape it was transported in to some extent without it feeling as if it won't straighten itself over time.

Sound is good - no issues. I have only had time to a short listen, but neither Leonard Cohen, Chrissie Hynde  nor St. Vincent seems to suffer from the slightly longer cable.

hold on. Does it uses different material than the original? Why $45 :frowning2: 

Feb 10, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #293 of 2,875
  Why $45 :frowning2: 

B&O price-policy...

Give just a little bit more and get this guy on eBay to make you a custom cable in silver, or what you prefer, instead:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171436801450?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Feb 10, 2015 at 3:58 AM Post #294 of 2,875
  B&O price-policy...

Give just a little bit more and get this guy on eBay to make you a custom cable in silver, or what you prefer, instead:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171436801450?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'd rather make it myself hahahah thx for sharing thought! 

Feb 10, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #295 of 2,875
  B&O price-policy...

I have this exact cable from this seller (his name is Konstantin) and it's excellent. His business is called "Lavricables" and he makes things like interconnects and USB cables, too. I just got a quote from him for silver interconnects and USB cables for my Wyrd/Modi2Uber/Magni2Uber stack, which I'll be ordering soon. He is located in Latvia so international shipping can take some time -- it took 3 weeks for my cable to arrive (I'm in USA) -- but that was within the timeframe he said it would take. Of course, that was also around the holidays, so perhaps it'd be faster now.

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #296 of 2,875
  hold on. Does it uses different material than the original? Why $45 :frowning2: 

It feels like the same materials except it is a different colour. As the box it comes in mentions the colour on the label I'd guess it may that other colours may become available, because why else state the colour on the label.

As for the $45 I payed my guess is that it may be cheaper elsewhere since here in Denmark everything is silly expensive. That includes most domestic products so even though B&O is Danish that does not mean we get them at a discount and for instance I know LEGO is aprox. 40% more here than in the US. In other words check your local pricing with regards to the cable.

Feb 11, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #297 of 2,875

It feels like the same materials except it is a different colour. As the box it comes in mentions the colour on the label I'd guess it may that other colours may become available, because why else state the colour on the label.

As for the $45 I payed my guess is that it may be cheaper elsewhere since here in Denmark everything is silly expensive. That includes most domestic products so even though B&O is Danish that does not mean we get them at a discount and for instance I know LEGO is aprox. 40% more here than in the US. In other words check your local pricing with regards to the cable.

Isn't LEGO expensive all around? Here its twice the cost as well +, its usually old model by the time it reaches here haha 

but yeah... $45 for a stock cable is kind of overpriced... 

Feb 14, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #299 of 2,875
  Is the 6.3mm adaptor included?

No adaptor included. It of course works fine with one if needed.

I didn't even think about that as I have like a handful of those lying around that has accumulated over time and also I mainly use the H6 with my HRT MicroStreamer.

Feb 14, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #300 of 2,875
  but yeah... $45 for a stock cable is kind of overpriced... 

I would be surprised if it doesn't come cheaper outside of Denmark since as mentioned most things cost extra here (we have high wages and taxation is heavy so there is a reason for it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back