Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Jun 20, 2022 at 10:56 PM Post #2,851 of 2,875
I used a thin flat screwdriver/ spudger I can’t remember where exactly you have to pry apart but it wasn’t too difficult- the hard part is fitting the pads back on evenly
If you need to remove or replace the pads again, please attach some pictures of your work in this thread. It would be helpful for the Head Fi community 👍

Aug 6, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #2,852 of 2,875
Hi - just felt the urge to express how happy I am with these H6. They haven't got much attention lately, because the have been so many other and more expensive/sophisticated HPs around. However, plugged then in my iFi ICAN + pro iDSD and wow do they play. Very deep bass (with the XBass pushed a little) on the latest album from Alt-J :) They are keepers because they were the anniversary edition, but now even more because they sound so good......

IMG_1068.jpeg

Jan 26, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #2,853 of 2,875
Has anyone played around with the newer offerings from B&O? I know historically these are a sort of unicorn from the company, but with the pads being discontinued it's just a matter of time before we're all stuck with beautiful drivers and headphones with ratty worn-out pads. Short story long, is there anything from B&O that are a sonic replacement for these?

Jan 26, 2023 at 12:04 PM Post #2,854 of 2,875
I think their current line is made up of wireless headphones only.

Geekria has a replacement earpad that fits several older B&O models, including the H6, but to use them you have to cut the plastic clips off the original pads and somehow attach them to the Geekria replacements. Both Geekria and Defean have B&O pads that include the clip, but none of them fit the H6.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #2,855 of 2,875
Has anyone played around with the newer offerings from B&O? I know historically these are a sort of unicorn from the company, but with the pads being discontinued it's just a matter of time before we're all stuck with beautiful drivers and headphones with ratty worn-out pads. Short story long, is there anything from B&O that are a sonic replacement for these?
Or do like me and put thick pads over the old ones :smile_phones:

VaSC5Uq.jpg

6theNQl.jpg

Jan 28, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #2,857 of 2,875
I just found a short video which shows how to cut off the clips on the originals and fit them to the replacements:

Cool thanks - good to know - Have both the H6 and H7 :)

Mar 5, 2023 at 8:57 AM Post #2,858 of 2,875
So my right ear cup on the gen II h6 just decided to stop playing bass and just play crackles instead.
So returned them to the shop from where they came (just had enough warranty left after 22 months).

All they have left in the whole country (Finland) is one pair of gen I and one pair of gen II (customer return), they are in separate stores over the country in their discount pile.

I am curious to try the gen I and wondering what people think?
I loved the detail and clarity of these headphones over anything else I own, and don't want them to go back to B&O as they will most likely send me a different set as a replacement.

What are people's thoughts?

Mar 5, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #2,859 of 2,875
So my right ear cup on the gen II h6 just decided to stop playing bass and just play crackles instead.
So returned them to the shop from where they came (just had enough warranty left after 22 months).

All they have left in the whole country (Finland) is one pair of gen I and one pair of gen II (customer return), they are in separate stores over the country in their discount pile.

I loved the detail and clarity of these headphones over anything else I own, and don't want them to go back to B&O as they will most likely send me a different set as a replacement.

I only have experience with the gen II.

Mar 6, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #2,860 of 2,875

I have gen I but have never tried gen II. I think a difference was that the gen II is easier to drive, i.e. gen I needs a bit more power. I find them - still - very good. So maybe your other equipment should be considered.

Mar 8, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #2,861 of 2,875
So ended up getting the last Gen I in the country.
Holy crap they're good!
Better than Gen II I think.

Through my hip DAC they sound sooo good and plenty of bass even with boost off.

Tried final sonorous ii & iii, Austrian audio x65 & x60, grado sr125, 225 and rs2. 99 meze and 109 meze, focal elegia & elear.

Only the focal came close/better than the H6.
All the others sucked in comparison to my ears.

Mar 8, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #2,862 of 2,875
Holy crap they're good!

Tried final sonorous ii & iii, Austrian audio x65 & x60, grado sr125, 225 and rs2. 99 meze and 109 meze, focal elegia & elear.

Congratulations - you are experiencing what I have read from others: gen I is more demanding, but better sounding with the right DAC/amp than the gen II.
As mentioned, I still love my gen I's :o2smile:

Mar 8, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #2,865 of 2,875
Holy crap they're good!

Some will call BS, maybe even say that you're crazy, but I share the love. I have two sets, one that has been modded for balanced use. You hit them with the right chain, and they can really deliver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back