Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Jan 24, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #2,838 of 2,875
Hello, I want to use fiio btr5 or btr3k with the H6, which one you guys suggest? Btr3k is cheaper and smaller solution. And is it worth it to use with these, does it make sound way better than the smartphone? In the previous posts, someone tried and got better results and made it like wireless headphone which is amazing. And how about h9i or any h9 series? Is there any huge difference between h6 and them? Or using with fiios, do i catch h9-level sound quality? I am thinking to buy h6 as second and btw.

Jan 25, 2022 at 5:37 PM Post #2,839 of 2,875
Hello, I want to use fiio btr5 or btr3k with the H6, which one you guys suggest? Btr3k is cheaper and smaller solution. And is it worth it to use with these, does it make sound way better than the smartphone? In the previous posts, someone tried and got better results and made it like wireless headphone which is amazing. And how about h9i or any h9 series? Is there any huge difference between h6 and them? Or using with fiios, do i catch h9-level sound quality? I am thinking to buy h6 as second and btw.
I like BTR3K sound much more than BTR5 - BTR5 is warmer sounding, and is less transparent.
BTR3K has a more natural, uncolored sound with natural brilliance.
B&O H6 would sound as good from BTR3K as it would sound over a proper desktop amp/DAC.

Jan 26, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #2,841 of 2,875
Last edited:
Jan 26, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #2,842 of 2,875
ES100 sounds better than BTR5, not as good as BTR3K. It's also very unreliable - I had two of them die on me.

There is a 4$ discount coupon for BTR3K in the first post of the Takstar Pro 82 thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...iew-impressions-and-discussion-thread.849965/
Most of reviews said that the btr3k is darker than es100 mk2, on top of that, btr5 has wider soundstage and more details by comparing with them, you are the first one who claimed btr3k is the best of three of them :) I got confused :D Thank you so much btw, I've also read most of your reviews and artickles.

Jan 26, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #2,843 of 2,875
Most of reviews said that the btr3k is darker than es100 mk2, on top of that, btr5 has wider soundstage and more details by comparing with them, you are the first one who claimed btr3k is the best of three of them :) I got confused :D Thank you so much btw, I've also read most of your reviews and artickles.
You are welcome!
Glad I could help!

BTR3K is not darker, it's more natural sounding - while ES100 tends to be a bit more clinical.
BTR3K is not "dark" nor "warm", it's transparent in a very natural way.

Considering the price difference and reliability issues, I wouldn't recommend ES100 to anyone, even if they prefer their sound.
Hate ES100's physical design too, especially their buttons - very hard to use without looking.

Jan 26, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #2,844 of 2,875
You are welcome!
Glad I could help!

BTR3K is not darker, it's more natural sounding - while ES100 tends to be a bit more clinical.
BTR3K is not "dark" nor "warm", it's transparent in a very natural way.

Considering the price difference and reliability issues, I wouldn't recommend ES100 to anyone, even if they prefer their sound.
Hate ES100's physical design too, especially their buttons - very hard to use without looking.
So does it drive my H6 (30ohm)? And Can i use balanced output with my H6? I don't have much knowledge about this kind of terms, I am a beginner. As you know H6 has 2 aux inputs but I use one of them everytime so I use them in unbalanced mode right? Can i use both aux input in my H6 for using balanced mode? Is it possible or my H6 only works in unbalanced mode?

Jan 26, 2022 at 5:28 PM Post #2,845 of 2,875
So does it drive my H6 (30ohm)? And Can i use balanced output with my H6? I don't have much knowledge about this kind of terms, I am a beginner. As you know H6 has 2 aux inputs but I use one of them everytime so I use them in unbalanced mode right? Can i use both aux input in my H6 for using balanced mode? Is it possible or my H6 only works in unbalanced mode?
The second 3.5mm is not for balanced connection, it's to connect another headphone - so 2 people can listen to the same music:
"First of all this is a double connect cable using the “Monster Music Link”. That means you can connect one H6 to another one and listen to just one source."
https://www.headfonia.com/bo-beoplay-h6/

There are a few balanced cables for H6 on Aliexpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003780648952.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001963026829.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002027587207.html

I don't think balanced connection will do much good though - BTR3K is powerful enough to drive H6 through the single-ended output, and H6 isn't transparent enough to benefit from the balanced connection's increased S/N ratio.

Apr 18, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #2,846 of 2,875
When it comes to it, I don't mind destroying my old ear pads if the only option is to replace them with new pads that need the plastic holding ring from the old ear pads. Has anyone done that? How easy is it to do and what are the steps?
About replacing pads...

I did find this item without the plastic ring on AliExpress and someone left a comment saying they've done it with pictures. Unfortunately they did not show any step by step photos only steps description. See the comment of this item.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001022165466.html

I wanted to give this a try but my pads are still in good condition... So forgive me for asking, if your pads (or anyone else here) are too worn to use anymore, would you mind giving this a try following the description and share with us?

If this works, I think we have a way out!

Thanks a lot!

Apr 19, 2022 at 6:51 AM Post #2,848 of 2,875
Dude Thanks for all the effort in trying to convince me to get something I don't want, I live in Australia we don't wear shirts over here :sunglasses: and the cable option is cheaper and less complicated (we're fairly simple down here 🤪) and theres one less thing to go missing / flat / damaged - the reason I'm looking at a cable only option - As I mentioned in my 1st post

I'll check out the Belkin and others in relationship to use with headphones and update when I get some solid info :darthsmile:
I ended up getting the Bellini lightning cable, it was about $30 has been working well for the last year and a 1/4 😎

I also have had ear pad wear and the leather coming away from the plastic ring I did manage to separate the two pieces of the plastic and clip back together it’s quite tricky but I would say that you can fit new generic pads to the plastic with a bit of effort

Apr 19, 2022 at 8:43 AM Post #2,849 of 2,875
I ended up getting the Bellini lightning cable, it was about $30 has been working well for the last year and a 1/4 😎

I also have had ear pad wear and the leather coming away from the plastic ring I did manage to separate the two pieces of the plastic and clip back together it’s quite tricky but I would say that you can fit new generic pads to the plastic with a bit of effort
How did you separate the two pieces of plastic? Did you have to use something to pry one away from the other? Also when you said they were clipped together, any angle we should pry?

My pads are still in good condition but I am so wanting to swap them with ones that have a bit bigger opening, but don't want to damage it in case I still want to swap them back to stock ones. Any detailed information you can share that'd be great.

Jun 20, 2022 at 10:48 PM Post #2,850 of 2,875
How did you separate the two pieces of plastic? Did you have to use something to pry one away from the other? Also when you said they were clipped together, any angle we should pry?

My pads are still in good condition but I am so wanting to swap them with ones that have a bit bigger opening, but don't want to damage it in case I still want to swap them back to stock ones. Any detailed information you can share that'd be great.
I used a thin flat screwdriver/ spudger I can’t remember where exactly you have to pry apart but it wasn’t too difficult- the hard part is fitting the pads back on evenly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back