Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Jan 4, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #2,791 of 2,875
FIIO BTR3K is only 70$ (66$ if you'll use the coupon in the first post of the Pro 82 thread https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...iew-impressions-and-discussion-thread.849965/)
From the options you posted:
Hidizs S9 is 109$
V-Moda cable is 101$
Cheaper Moshi and Belkin cables are for connecting to stereo systems, not headphones.

And none of them allow you true mobility on the go - you are tied to your phone by a wire, which will eventually get torn out by some door handle.
But Bluetooth sound way inferior to the lightning adapter costing 9 bucks from Apple even! I had a astell and kern xb 10 colorfly c10 radsone and fiio btr3. The astell and kern was the best but stilll sounded digital compared to the headphone jack. I added a apogee groove to the mix and that h6 sounded explosive with it

Jan 4, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #2,792 of 2,875
But Bluetooth sound way inferior to the lightning adapter costing 9 bucks from Apple even!
Don't know about iPhones, but on Android even the cheap phones support LDAC, which goes up to 990kbps - that's FLAC country...
I had a astell and kern xb 10 colorfly c10 radsone and fiio btr3. The astell and kern was the best but stilll sounded digital compared to the headphone jack. I added a apogee groove to the mix and that h6 sounded explosive with it
BTR3 sounds very thin, BTR3K is a huge improvement. It also has a balanced output, to improve crosstalk between channels and lower the noise.
It has a significantly upgraded hardware inside, see the comparison in my review: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fi...bluetooth-amp.24317/reviews#item-review-24719
For 66$, it's a steal.
I have the $109 Hidizs S9 - it doesn't sound as good wired as BTR3K sounds in either mode (IMHO).

Jan 4, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #2,793 of 2,875
FIIO BTR3K is only 70$ (66$ if you'll use the coupon in the first post of the Pro 82 thread https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...iew-impressions-and-discussion-thread.849965/)
From the options you posted:
Hidizs S9 is 109$
V-Moda cable is 101$
Cheaper Moshi and Belkin cables are for connecting to stereo systems, not headphones.

And none of them allow you true mobility on the go - you are tied to your phone by a wire, which will eventually get torn out by some door handle.
I’m in Australia $70 is over $110 here, I’ll look into the “connecting to stereo systems, not headphones” which the Apple cable does as well as connecting to headphones- not sure what’s different between them?
Also the FIIO is connected by a wire, so would also get torn out by some door handle???

Jan 4, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #2,794 of 2,875
I’m in Australia $70 is over $110 here...
70 USD is 91 AUD

...I’ll look into the “connecting to stereo systems, not headphones” which the Apple cable does as well as connecting to headphones- not sure what’s different between them?
Look at their product pages - they both mention stereo/car systems, not headphones.
Could be optimized for higher output impedance, which headphones don't like.

Also the FIIO is connected by a wire, so would also get torn out by some door handle???
I only use it wired with my laptop, because it doesn't support advanced Bluetooth codecs, just like iPhones.
No reason to use it wired with Android smartphones.

Jan 5, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #2,795 of 2,875
70 USD is 91 AUD
+ GST and international card currency exchange charges = $110

Look at their product pages - they both mention stereo/car systems, not headphones.
Could be optimized for higher output impedance, which headphones don't like.

I haven’t looked “could be optimised“?

I only use it wired with my laptop, because it doesn't support advanced Bluetooth codecs, just like iPhones.
No reason to use it wired with Android smartphones.

did you see the reason why I’m looking at a cable? I’m not using a android device and how would it work if it’s not plugged into my headphones??

Jan 5, 2021 at 5:53 AM Post #2,796 of 2,875
did you see the reason why I’m looking at a cable? I’m not using a android device and how would it work if it’s not plugged into my headphones??
IPhones still support Bluetooth, even if it is just the AAC codec

Jan 6, 2021 at 11:31 PM Post #2,799 of 2,875
The Bluetooth dongle can be clipped to your shirt - out of reach for most door handles.
Dude Thanks for all the effort in trying to convince me to get something I don't want, I live in Australia we don't wear shirts over here :sunglasses: and the cable option is cheaper and less complicated (we're fairly simple down here 🤪) and theres one less thing to go missing / flat / damaged - the reason I'm looking at a cable only option - As I mentioned in my 1st post

I'll check out the Belkin and others in relationship to use with headphones and update when I get some solid info :darthsmile:

Feb 24, 2021 at 2:13 AM Post #2,801 of 2,875
Hi,
could you please tell me if Harman EQ settings published somewhere for the H6 v2 headphone? I really like Oratory1990's Harman curve like EQ settings sound on my Sundara so i would like to try out on my H6 too.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2021 at 3:37 AM Post #2,802 of 2,875
Hi,
could you please tell me if Harman EQ settings published somewhere for the H6 v2 headphone? I really like Oratory1990's Harman curve like EQ settings sound on my Sundara so i would like to try out on my H6 too.
Here you go. The fixed band file is a 10 band.

Attachments

• Beoplay H6 FixedBandEQ.txt
    467 bytes · Views: 0
  • Beoplay H6 wavelet oratory.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Beoplay H6 PEQ oratory.txt
    467 bytes · Views: 0
Feb 24, 2021 at 6:51 AM Post #2,803 of 2,875
Here you go. The fixed band file is a 10 band.
Thanks, are these for the v2? The headphone sounds strange with them to me :upside_down:
1614167450079.png

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #2,804 of 2,875

Users who are viewing this thread

Back