Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Jul 25, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #2,671 of 2,875
Thanks for the help.

Are any of the other Beoplay ear cushions compatible with the H6 - like the ones for the H9 and H9i?

According to B&O, they're all different.
When I was sourcing a pair of H6 here in Australia, Amazon seemed to be the only place still selling them. Local stores had the H4 and H9 on display, so I asked B&O what was the closest to the H6 in fit.

"Beoplay H6 cushions
Depth 1.6cm
Outside diameter 8.5cm
Inside diameter 5cm

Beoplay H4 cushions
Depth 2.2cm
Outside diameter 8.7cm
Inside measurement left to right 4.5cm
Inside measurement top to bottom 5cm.

Beoplay H9i
Depth 2cm
Inside diameter 4.6cm
Outside diameter 8.7cm

As you noted our H4 earcushions have a slightly oblong shape to them compared to some of our other models. Beyond this I would also like to point out that the measurements taken may differ slightly from similar models, as all our models differ slight due to the natural leather we use on all our models."

In a previous message, they also said that the pads aren't interchangeable.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #2,672 of 2,875
Sorry if this is a strange question but I'm looking to buy these used. What sort of price do you think would be good for a used pair? And anything specific I should check out or look for? Never bought used before.

Thanks!
75 bucks to 120 depending on condition. Refurbished sells for around 130-150. New ones occasionally comes at 150-200. Normal price is 200.

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #2,673 of 2,875
Sorry if this is a strange question but I'm looking to buy these used. What sort of price do you think would be good for a used pair? And anything specific I should check out or look for? Never bought used before.

Thanks!
Do not buy these used. Warning ...warning. always pads will be flat. The mileage of this headphone is 6 months. After that pads go flatter and the sound is no longer glorious as reviewers claim. Pads cost 60 bucks. I am on my 3rd pair of headphones now as I like it. 6 months on daily life is its lad life (not aesthetically or comfort wise but soundwise)

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:05 AM Post #2,674 of 2,875
With a bit of patience, you can find pairs of refurbished ones on ebay and amazon for $100 (I have a pair of these, they work flawlessly and act as new).
I received a refurbished one after rmA and its pad were not in shape as the original. At the same time I had my second new pair which sounded better than the refurbished one. I swapped the pads and found that the refurbished one had inferior pads than the original new one , driver wise they sound same.

Jul 25, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #2,675 of 2,875
Do not buy these used. Warning ...warning. always pads will be flat. The mileage of this headphone is 6 months. After that pads go flatter and the sound is no longer glorious as reviewers claim. Pads cost 60 bucks. I am on my 3rd pair of headphones now as I like it. 6 months on daily life is its lad life (not aesthetically or comfort wise but soundwise)
I’ve had mine over a year and I actually like the way they sound better than when I first got them...

Maybe I just baby them lol

Jul 25, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #2,676 of 2,875
I’ve had mine over a year and I actually like the way they sound better than when I first got them...

Maybe I just baby them lol
I had been using h6 for the last 3 years plus. I like them for the first 6 months.its not a matter of how u baby them.i too care it very well but on normal usage , everyday the pads tend to loose its firmness and goes easily flatter. U can take the pads off and squish them back to shape.but it won't stay like that for long .

Aug 22, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #2,677 of 2,875
Hello, apologies if this has been asked,
I have the 2nd Gen H6 and they are simply awesome!

I wonder if there's a replacement cable that connects to lighting connection? or some elegant mobile solution (don't want to connect a full on dac like the firefly, thank you!

Aug 22, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #2,678 of 2,875
Hello, apologies if this has been asked,
I have the 2nd Gen H6 and they are simply awesome!

I wonder if there's a replacement cable that connects to lighting connection? or some elegant mobile solution (don't want to connect a full on dac like the firefly, thank you!

I've been asking myself that for years... I haven't found a solution to this. Just keep the Apple dongle attached to your cable...
I consider getting a dragonfly and that way you can upgrade to the Lightning adapter, or the USB-C adapter (since the newest iPads don't have a headphone jack anymore, only USB-C)
But when walking outside or commuting, just use the apple dongle.

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #2,680 of 2,875
Thanks,
However I think with the dongle the volume controls (and tap button) don't work? :frowning2:

Not an elegant solution

Just tested and all controls (play/pause, volume) work without issue. As far as elegance goes, I see no issues with a 2" dongle attached to the end of the cable - I'm too busy enjoying my music to care of anyone is judging my dongle or my "knockoff" beats :dt880smile:

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #2,681 of 2,875
Thanks,
However I think with the dongle the volume controls (and tap button) don't work? :frowning2:

Not an elegant solution

Nope, the Apple solution is the BEST dongle if you want the Mic, Play Pause Buttons... tbh it's perfect.
Unfortunately the dongle cable is flimsy (but robust! tried to rip apart a broken one (broken because I did an experiment on them) and I couldn't destroy them by hands)
But it's quite thinner than the BeoPlay cable, which is a bit weird.

I wish they made a cable with BETTER DAC (better than the old DAC built in the iPhones at least) and a bit thicker construction. That would be perfect.

Aug 23, 2019 at 1:39 AM Post #2,684 of 2,875
Nope, the Apple solution is the BEST dongle if you want the Mic, Play Pause Buttons... tbh it's perfect.
Unfortunately the dongle cable is flimsy (but robust! tried to rip apart a broken one (broken because I did an experiment on them) and I couldn't destroy them by hands)
But it's quite thinner than the BeoPlay cable, which is a bit weird.

I wish they made a cable with BETTER DAC (better than the old DAC built in the iPhones at least) and a bit thicker construction. That would be perfect.
The dac in the older phones wasn't better altogether. I have a iphone 5, 5s se and 6. The dongle sounds more dynamic, slightly more neutral, with better imaging. Th elder phones sound harsh also in comparison. I sold all iphones except the 5 and 5s as nobody wanted them. I got a dongle for 5 and now I am using it as a cheap dap with a great interface. Honestly I don't see a point in buying another under 100 bucks dac against it. I am not sure if there is anything better between 100 to 200. I had a xduoo x10and fiio x5ii in the past and I felt them as sideways upgrade to an iphone. iPhone always had an edge on something or the other.

Oct 28, 2019 at 5:01 AM Post #2,685 of 2,875
Hello,

Does anyone knows if the cable is the same on gen1 vs gen2? Physically or sound wise?

I know that the fit on the gen2 is tighter but the plugs on the cable also changed and because smaller?

Can I use a gen1 cable on a gen2?

Thank you in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back