1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by macedonianhero, Jan 26, 2014.
First

Back
167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176
178 179
Next

Last
  1. bcaulf17
    Even if I did get another closed headphone I know I’d be sad to let the H6 go, especially since they’re becoming harder to come by since they’re end of life.

I’m coming to appreciate the things they do well, and how smooth and easy everything sounds through them. I’m even starting to like the mids because they may not be as intimate or natural as the HD6XX but they’re smoother. There isn’t one thing they do poorly.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  2. Catpyre
    Recently bought these and they're great! Upgraded from beyerdynamic 770's. The headband isn't the most comfortable but the sound is good. Not as massive of an upgrade as I thought they'd be but they are very nice, not sure of a good EQ software or EQ settings for them though but they give good bass and everything and the vocals are nice if a little flatter than I thought they';d be.

3. trevinthefionaapplefan
    It's hard to beat the 770s if you can stand their ear-piercing (imo) treble.

For EQ, someone shared their setup on page 176.

4. Catpyre
    Yeah the 770's were great but the ear pads were meh imo and after the years the sound got flat possibly.due to the pads. But yeah these new ones are definitly more balanced.

5. Dexter22
    And in 6 months the pads on the beoplay also would become more flat and would start to sound meh.. unfortunately. If you bought it used, its definitely not the manufacturers intended sound that you are hearing.

6. Catpyre
    Thats really unfortunate for a $300 pair of headphones, and I bought them brand new. They do currently sound great and while I guess I was expecting a bigger upgrade from the 770's that sounded nice and clear these do have much better bass and sound really good. I'm not too good with EQ and can't seem to really find anything I'm content with so for now I've left it on just base settings.

7. bcaulf17
    Mine don’t sound different after a year of use. I suppose just be careful with them.

I went from the 770 to the H6 and largely prefer the H6. I couldn’t handle the 770 treble, and the midrange sounded artificial (even compared to the H6 which doesn’t have the most natural for me).

Next up is the 177X Go from Massdrop...hope I like it :)

8. Catpyre
    Nice! My only issue so far is the padding on the headband and being a little underwhelmed at the difference between the 770 and h6 and trying to determine sound aha just anxiety sparking up lol the midrange on the h6 gen 2 i have sound fine but at the same time im not sure what to look for for quality there aha but vocals and everything do sound clear and nice esp since my motherboards built in amp and dac are pretty decent but im sure with a proper dac itd sound even better

9. bcaulf17
    Yeah, I’ve noticed this headphone does improve with external amplification. I use a portable amp with my pair, even though it sounds good from a phone.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  10. Catpyre
    Yeah I use them on my desktop mainly, i also got in my v moda cable and apparently the stock cable doesn't supply the headphones with the correct power. System says with stock cord Ohm limit is under 16 but with the new cord it says it's over 110. Sound wise no real difference but they're louder now.

11. Catpyre
    I do have a question: For those with this headphone is there any added padding for the headband that you've bought that fits well for it? The padding on it is think and not super comfortable, the ear cups are fine but the headband is less than fine.

Edit: Grabbed the headband padding from my old 770's and it;s a tight fight but OML so much better even if it's not as aesthetically pleasing it's much more comfortable now.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  12. Tsukuyomi
    Ive noticed some change in sound over time. I keep the headphone is good condition and only use it normally every day, the pads are still plush after a year or more of normal use. Ive noticed a change in sound profile. They've become a bit softer and less punchy. Granted that could be down to change in hearing over time but i xont think it would change these headphones sound. My other headphones still sound the same. I hope b&o make a new lineup of headphones soon. I dont want to have to upgrade my transportation headphones to the h9i as they're more expensive.

13. Catpyre
    Edit: issue is gone likely was an issue with me getting sick

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  14. Catpyre
    Hm maybe it's just my OCD but I've noticed the left ear cup seems to have a different pressure than the right ear cup now that it's been a week. It started up yesterday and never felt like that before. I'm constantly having to microadjust them and it doesn't feel right. It's a really odd issue, the left one just doesn't seem to apply the same pressure level and it's weird. They're exactly the same, i nthe same places, and it just kinda feels off.

15. trevinthefionaapplefan
    It's you.

First

Back
167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176
178 179
Next

Last