Bands You Missed Live, But Wished You'd Seen
Jul 13, 2005 at 1:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

periurban

100+ Head-Fier
Can (recently met Irmin Schmidt - what a nice man!)
The Sensational Alex harvey Band (with Alex circa 1975)
L Shankar (the violinist)
Gentle Giant
The Mothers of Invention (1966 - 1975)
The Magic Band (circa 1972)

EDIT - The idea being that you could have seen them live, but didn't for one reason or another.

Jul 13, 2005 at 1:57 PM Post #2 of 47
Elvis
The Beatles
The Doors
Litttle Feat (with Lowell George)
Woodstock (not a band, but oh what an event that must have been!)

Jul 13, 2005 at 1:59 PM Post #3 of 47
Pink Floyd
The Who
Yes

Hopefully I'll have the chance to see Tool live a few times after they release their new album. The Allman Brothers are this weekend as well, so I get to cross that one off the list
tongue.gif

Jul 13, 2005 at 2:10 PM Post #4 of 47
I have seen a lot of bands, but I wish that I could have seen The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, The Police, The Clash and maybe a few more that I can't think of at the moment...I would like to see Radiohead and definitely Pink Floyd with Roger Waters again!
wink.gif

PS. Have to add Creedence Clearwater Revival...thanks Glod! Periurban, quite an experience...I was a bit too young to see most of my "Wish List," but I still don't know how I missed The Police.

Jul 13, 2005 at 2:50 PM Post #5 of 47
Sublime
...and while we're wishing I'd prefer to see them sober
eggosmile.gif

Jul 13, 2005 at 3:16 PM Post #6 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb
I have seen a lot of bands, but I wish that I could have seen The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, The Police, The Clash and maybe a few more that I can't think of at the moment...I would like to see Radiohead and definitely Pink Floyd with Roger Waters again!
wink.gif

I saw the Police at Strathclyde University (Glasgow, Scotland) in 1978 supporting Albertos Y Los Trios Paranoias.

Their first single had just been released and they'd been booked for 50 quid. Sting was in his jump suit phase, and there was this guy down in front of the stage twirling like a dervish and spitting on Sting with every revolution. Sting put up with this for a few songs, but then came to the front of the stage and did his own twirl, sticking out his boot in the process. He caught the guy square on the chin, who collapsed in a heap to a huge cheer from the rest of us.

I was close enough to smell Sting's sweat.

Jul 13, 2005 at 3:30 PM Post #7 of 47
The Beatles
The Doors
Little Feat (with Lowell George)
The Band
Queen
I am leaving out all the jazz bands I never saw and would have loved to have seen.

Jul 13, 2005 at 3:47 PM Post #9 of 47
G3 Live(satch, vai, malmsteen) when they came to DC. I was all dressed up and when I started the car, it wont turn over
frown.gif
. should've taken the train, but I was already pretty late, so went back inside the house and sulk at the corner of my room
frown.gif

Jul 13, 2005 at 4:02 PM Post #10 of 47
New Order - I missed them in '87 when they toured with the Sugar Cubes and PiL. But I did finally catch them this year in NYC - they ROCKED, especially since 1/3 of the songs were Joy Division songs!

Jul 13, 2005 at 4:13 PM Post #11 of 47
Pink Floyd. Could've seen them around the early 90's when they came by, but didn't since a)my parents wouldn't let me and b)I didn't know who they were.

G n' R. Once again, no way on earth my parents were letting me out of the house to see them back in my youth.

Jul 13, 2005 at 4:30 PM Post #12 of 47
Iron Maiden
Ozzy / Randy Rhoads
SRV
Blue Oyster Cult
Yes

I was one of the biggest fans in middle school... but I had no money and certainly couldnt drive to a gig. I too had retenively strict parents.

Jul 13, 2005 at 6:03 PM Post #14 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Iron Maiden
Ozzy / Randy Rhoads
SRV
Blue Oyster Cult
Yes

I was one of the biggest fans in middle school... but I had no money and certainly couldnt drive to a gig. I too had retenively strict parents.

BOC and yes still tour, so there's a good chance you'll catch them. I saw BOC recently on the Renfrew Ferry. Yes, it's an old ferry boat sitting on the Clyde. Great gig. (May 2002, so not that recent....)

Jul 13, 2005 at 6:59 PM Post #15 of 47
Pink Floyd
Nirvana
The Doors
Smashing Pumpkins
Miles Davis

There are quite a few more older rock bands I would have loved to see. Some still tour, but they are past their prime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back