Bamboo Earbuds!!
Sep 21, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #61 of 143
I purchased a par of these from the same guy Hittime3c. Everything arrived nice and they sure look real. The sound does not really compare to my Yuin pk2's in that the Amadanas sound thin in comparison. I'm not sure whether the bass on the Amadanas is 'tight' or just plain non-existent.

Sep 21, 2007 at 4:57 AM Post #62 of 143
It might be something with the seal you're getting so to speak. I have to angle them forward a bit to get a good seal, if I take my fingers off the don't seal well and sound kind of tinny, but since you have the PK2s that doesn't sound like the case. The bass is definitely there for me. Just as an update, these sound incredibly musical. I think I would be happy to keep these as my only headphones if I can find a way to get a constant seal.

Sep 22, 2007 at 2:55 AM Post #63 of 143
I haven't heard back from the seller yet so I emailed him today to find out if the earbuds have shipped, etc. I hope to get a reply soon. These for the most part positive impressions of the "Bamboos" in this thread are making me anxious to try them out for myself!

Holly

Sep 24, 2007 at 12:35 PM Post #64 of 143
I got mine on Friday. The packaging alone makes me think they are legit. They sound really nice. I ordered on the 11th, so they didn't take too long to get here, considering they came from China.

The only thing that I don't like is that they are a little awkward to store. I haven't found an easy way to wrap the cord and keep them neatly together. The cord is very stiff and doesn't just hang loose, but at odd angles. I'm hoping that once I use them a but that the cord will straighten out some.

I love that they don't easily fall out of my ears or come unsealed like other earbuds or even some canal phones.

The sound is better than any other earbuds I have tried, but I've never really tried any higher end stuff. They certainly kick the crap out of the stock iPod buds, but that's not saying much. The highs, lows, and mids sound good to my newbie ears.

Sep 24, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #65 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by MonolithTMA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only thing that I don't like is that they are a little awkward to store. I haven't found an easy way to wrap the cord and keep them neatly together. The cord is very stiff and doesn't just hang loose, but at odd angles. I'm hoping that once I use them a but that the cord will straighten out some.

I was wondering about this myself, as I like to put my earphones in some sort of case when I am not using them. Has anyone figured out an easy way to store them? (I have three dogs so try not to leave any of my headphones out where curious puppies can get a hold of them!)

Mine left Shanghai on the 19th so if I am lucky I might receive them on Saturday.
smily_headphones1.gif

Holly

Sep 24, 2007 at 6:55 PM Post #67 of 143
I wrap the cord extender around the green fish cord winder that came with them.

Playing with them just now, I found that if I straighten the hinge out on each one, I can wrap the cord around them and store them that way, but I don't wrap the cord that goes to each piece or they get tangled up. They really aren't much more awkward to store than my KSC75s.

Oct 3, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #69 of 143
I won mine September 9th and received them on September 21st. The tracking number showed absolutely nothing until they hit my local post office and he warned me of that.

Here's the whole tracking process:

-Delivered, September 21, 2007, 12:50 pm, AKRON, OH 44305
-Arrival at Unit, September 21, 2007, 8:05 am, AKRON, OH 44305
-Foreign International Dispatch, September 12, 2007, 11:38 am, SHANGHAI, CHINA PEOPLES REP
-Foreign Acceptance, September 11, 2007, 8:09 am, CHINA PEOPLES REP

Oct 4, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #71 of 143
That's all I had until the day they arrived.

Oct 5, 2007 at 1:06 AM Post #73 of 143
It's not obviously bamboo, but it's obviously wood. The wood is noticeable, yes.

Oct 5, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #75 of 143
Nope, the bamboo is purely for aesthetic value. They look pretty cool, and they stay in really well, but ultimately I use my Koss KSC75's more often because they are more comfortable to me and I like the way they handle bass better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back