Baltimore/DC Regional Meet August 2, 2008
Jul 22, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #181 of 241
so you will be DRIVING or taking a taxi so you can run...
why not just run half way there and back so you'll have your 10 miles?

Jul 23, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #186 of 241
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You run on the roads in gaithersburg md all the time?

Sorry for the intervention, but I happen to live ~10 minutes from the meet site, in the closer part of Germantown, just past the Great Seneca park, near the corner of 117 & 119. There are nice running trails along 119, for example... And overall, the area is no Takoma Park, is it?..

Sorry I won't be able to come, have to go on a business trip that very Saturday!.. Well, that means more time before I start desiring a Headroom balanced amp
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 23, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #187 of 241
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so you will be DRIVING or taking a taxi so you can run...
why not just run half way there and back so you'll have your 10 miles?

Because this is supposed to be a nice run. I can run through a town anytime. If I'm going 10 miles, I wouldn't be mind running in a nice park or area like that. From what I read, the area I picked is supposed to be a nice place to run.

Jul 25, 2008 at 1:20 PM Post #188 of 241
Ok, anyone that needs a pickup from the metro, pm me for my cell #, so we can arrange to have you picked up. The meet's a week from tomorrow.

Jul 26, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #189 of 241
I'm very excited about this meet. It has some great folks coming and members from at least 3 corners of our little part of the world.

Thanks for putting this together Grawk-meister-dude with the orange sneakers.
cool.gif

Do we have dining plans for Friday and Saturday night that are written in stone, yet?
All Stevieo serves is smoothies (which are pretty darn good) and granola from Trader Joes (Vicks...whatever).
biggrin.gif

Jul 26, 2008 at 9:57 PM Post #190 of 241
Hey, I would like to swing by for a bit. I will be in Maryland working all week and driving back to NYC on Saturday. If there is no room for more gear I can just show up with the Enigma Audio care package that Zach gave me today for you guys to try out. If you do have the room I can bring the system that is still in my truck from the Jersey meet today.

Cary CD 303/300
Rockhopper KGSS
Stax Omega II

Jul 26, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #191 of 241
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm very excited about this meet. It has some great folks coming and members from at least 3 corners of our little part of the world.

Thanks for putting this together Grawk-meister-dude with the orange sneakers.
cool.gif

Do we have dining plans for Friday and Saturday night that are written in stone, yet?
All Steveio serves is smoothies (which are pretty darn good) and granola from Trader Joes (Vicks...whatever).
biggrin.gif

I'm getting excited as well. It will be nice to see everyone again and meet some new folks.

I'm not sure about Saturday, but I think the Friday night plan is for everyone to meet up at the Brickskeller at 9PM.

Jul 26, 2008 at 11:35 PM Post #192 of 241
Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, I would like to swing by for a bit. I will be in Maryland working all week and driving back to NYC on Saturday. If there is no room for more gear I can just show up with the Enigma Audio care package that Zack gave me today for you guys to try out. If you do have the room I can bring the system that is still in my truck from the Jersey meet today.

Cary CD 303/300
Rockhopper KGSS
Stax Omega II

Jeff, definitely swing by with or without gear. It would be nice to hear the Rockhopper KGSS.

Jul 27, 2008 at 1:29 AM Post #194 of 241
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does that mean zach's bailing on it?

I think if some peer pressure is applied he might make it but he gave me the box'o'cables just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back