Baltimore/DC MiniMeet Impressions Oct 6, 2007
Oct 7, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #16 of 25
I really feel bad I could not make it to the meet and "show off" my new 840C.

Grawk, I sent you a PM with donation offer for the meet you organized so well.

Oct 8, 2007 at 12:48 AM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could've sworn I already posted this. Anyway, I will take whatever Nate builds. Let us know what you think each item should cost so you can recoup the money you put out.

Although I also posted above, X2 on what Mike has reposted.

Oct 8, 2007 at 2:39 PM Post #18 of 25
Just wanted to thank grawk for hosting the meet. Although the turn-out was small, I had a good time listening to all the equipment that was there. Until now I've only listened to laptop sound cards and haven't been impressed, however USB to the Pico has shown me that you can get excellent sound from a laptop.

Thanks again,

Pete.

Oct 8, 2007 at 4:00 PM Post #19 of 25
Peter, you really should mate that monster amp of yours with a nice source, it deserves a chance to shine
smily_headphones1.gif
I was amazed at how good it sounded with that cheap little dvd player tho.

Oct 8, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #20 of 25
Well, things do happen...but still...you shouldn't be stuck with the bill. I'll pick up on a mini-cable as well.

How about some more impressions from those that were there?

Oct 8, 2007 at 6:37 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Peter, you really should mate that monster amp of yours with a nice source, it deserves a chance to shine
smily_headphones1.gif
I was amazed at how good it sounded with that cheap little dvd player tho.

I do run an old dbx dx5 CDP at home and it seems silly that I didn't bother to bring it, after all my amp is 18+ lbs anyway. I guess next time I'll have to install better tubes, bring better cables, and upgrade the source to really show it off.

Thanks for the kind words.

Pete.

Oct 8, 2007 at 7:04 PM Post #22 of 25
If the turnout had been more like past events, there wouldn't have been a shortage of things to put it in front of. I'd bet someone has something at that NY meet coming up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back