Baltimore/DC MiniMeet Impressions Oct 6, 2007
Oct 7, 2007 at 4:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

grawk

Itinerant Miscreant

Small but good. Almost everyone bailed on it, so it was a small group. PeterP's 6SN7 transformer output ac heater amp is a wonder to behold. Great sound, and he was using somewhat inexpensive 6SN7GTBs. Colin's Millet Max sounds really good, as well.

The remarkable story is still the pico. Justin's got an amazing device on his hands. I set it to half gain, and used it as an input to the tooleaudio balanced mosfet amp, and was duly impressed. And this is with a battery powered amp/usb dac that is smaller than a hornet. That wolfson dac in your design is amazing. Kudos!

Thanks to everyone that made it. I'm gonna have to sell a few things to offset the cost of the meet, but in the end, it was still worth it.

Oct 7, 2007 at 4:41 AM Post #2 of 25
Sorry that some folks couldn't make it but glad you guys had some good stuff to listen to and had a good time together. That Pico really is amazing, isn't it!?

More impressions and pics, please!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 7, 2007 at 4:45 AM Post #3 of 25
All the rest of my pics are linked with the first one.

This was really a builder's meet. For most of the day, it was colin, justin, peterp, and vvs, who have all built great amps, plus myself. I got to spend a bit of time with peter's creation. Anyone who gets a chance should check it out, he'll be at the NY meet next, I think. Really raises the bar (to my ears) for what a 6sn7 amp can sound like.

Oct 7, 2007 at 11:51 AM Post #5 of 25
Wait a minute!!!!

You're gonna have to sell some stuff to pay for the meet?????????

I wasn't there, had no intentions of being there, but I can't let this pass. That simply isn't right!!!!

PM me your paypal and I'll send along a few bucks.

Anybody else???

Oct 7, 2007 at 12:42 PM Post #7 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by pageman99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait a minute!!!!

You're gonna have to sell some stuff to pay for the meet?????????

I wasn't there, had no intentions of being there, but I can't let this pass. That simply isn't right!!!!

PM me your paypal and I'll send along a few bucks.

Anybody else???

I'll be selling some donated minicables and the like soon, buy one of those instead?
biggrin.gif

Oct 7, 2007 at 12:50 PM Post #8 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be selling some donated minicables and the like soon, buy one of those instead?
biggrin.gif

I will take one as well.

Oct 7, 2007 at 1:49 PM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Awesome, thanks mike!

No problem. It sucks that you are stuck with the expense of the meet. Anyone that said they were coming and didn't show up or cancelled at the last minute should be jumping all over this.

Attendance at CanJam '08 should should be payback and I will throw in a beer as well.
icon10.gif

Oct 7, 2007 at 1:52 PM Post #11 of 25
I understand stuff comes up, I've cancelled on a few meets, and figure this is just kharma
smily_headphones1.gif
. Anyway, this has got to be the most sq ft per person for a meet ever...The room we used is perfect for meets, we coulda easily fit 30-40 people with gear.

Oct 7, 2007 at 2:05 PM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Sure, PM me what you have and the price/paypal info.

Oct 7, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

biggrin.gif

I hate what happened, although I can understand it if an emergency came up. Send me a PM with what you have for sale.

Oct 7, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #14 of 25
I've had offers from nate and jbloudg20 to make up some cables, plus I've got a pair of .5m headphile black max rca interconnects and a pair of .5m silver wire eichman bullet interconnects in blue techflex that matches the eichman bullets.

Oct 7, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #15 of 25
I could've sworn I already posted this. Anyway, I will take whatever Nate builds. Let us know what you think each item should cost so you can recoup the money you put out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back