Balanced Cables for IEM's?
Jan 19, 2014 at 11:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Michael Jennings

100+ Head-Fier
I'm currently using a DX50 to feed Noble 4 universals, and am thinking about adding an amp. A balanced amp (perhaps from Ray Samuels) seems attractive, but I'm totally in the dark regarding balanced cables for IEM's. What cable companies offer them? And do you all have recommendations for my particular rig?

Thanks!

Jan 20, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #2 of 6
  I'm currently using a DX50 to feed Noble 4 universals, and am thinking about adding an amp. A balanced amp (perhaps from Ray Samuels) seems attractive, but I'm totally in the dark regarding balanced cables for IEM's. What cable companies offer them? And do you all have recommendations for my particular rig?

Thanks!

Ted's Headfood on here can make you a RSA Terminated Cable
Whiplash audio Offers RSA Termination
Double Helix Cables Offer  RSA Termination

i would check with ted's headfood first, he is going to be the best for getting what you want and how you want it, not to mention his cable prices are more reasonable.

are you asking what recommendations as far as cables or amps?

what iem do you have?

whats your budget on cable?

whats your budget on amp?

Jan 20, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #3 of 6
Thanks for your recommendations!

I have Noble Audio 4 universal iem's. I'm looking to spend no more than $400 on an amp, and would like to keep the cable costs in check: say no more than $150.

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #4 of 6
It may be slightly more than $150, but the Moon Audio Black Dragon is a serious consideration.  I love mine.  If you can fork out another $50, the Silver Dragon will give you the attributes that silver is known for.  I love that one too. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back