Bakoon HPA-21 headphone amplifier
Jul 22, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #407 of 643
  Hi jacal01,

it was in fact one of your first posts in this thread in which you described in very much detail how good the HPA-21 sounded and which made me really curious to find out more about the Bakoon. After I had listened to a borrowed HPA-21 in my system I could not resist to buy one for myself, it was so convincing and so obvious it would bring the sound of my system to another level. Thanks again for having shared your listening experience with a greater audience here on Head-Fi and the inspiration it meant to me to try the HPA-21 myself.

Wow.  Didn't think anyone was paying attention waay back then. 
wink.gif

Thanks for the confirmation.

Jul 25, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #410 of 643
Well I ordered the Bakoon HPA-01 for $1200 from the website that shall not be named. 6 days left for the deal. Hopefully it goes through. Anyways, I'm keen to compare it to my Questyle.

Jul 25, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #413 of 643
Well I ordered the Bakoon HPA-01 for $1200 from the website that shall not be named. 6 days left for the deal. Hopefully it goes through. Anyways, I'm keen to compare it to my Questyle.

I've done the same thing. I'm very curious how the LCD-X will sound through the HPA-01 current output. The LCD-X sounds great with the CMA800R so it will be exciting if this is special as well. I have had a big education in the value of batteries and clean power in Audio recently so I have high hopes for this amp.

Jul 27, 2014 at 4:29 AM Post #419 of 643
Anyone compared the HPA-21 with the Master 9?

I personally haven't, the "secret" behind the Bakoon is its battery power supply and the current amplification whereas the Master 9 I think is a traditional class A voltage amplifier however very nicely put together from what I see at the Audio-gd website. The concepts in both amps target low to none distortion plus minimal negative feedback loop and a clean power distribution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back