Bakoon AMP-11R Headphone and Integrated Amplifier
Dec 21, 2012 at 4:43 AM Post #3 of 6
Here is another teaser just posted on the Bakoon Facebook page.  It's a printed circuit board and if you look at the lower right corner of the board it has HPA-01 printed on it.  Anyone with some electronics smarts able to make sense of the circuit?  The comment with the photo: "A new sample PCB just arrived, and yes, we will have a new product for you soon!"  I'm just shooting in the dark here but what chance of a new headphone amplifier?

Dec 21, 2012 at 6:14 AM Post #4 of 6
I heard their TOTL speaker amps at a meet recently. Using the current connection (think Krell and Audio-gd) they could use cheap 75 Ohm wire from the pre-amp with no issues and the sound was very good considering the unfamiliar speakers. They live only an hour or two drive south of me and I've been wanting to pay them a visit, so this might be a good excuse to do so.

Dec 22, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
Here is another teaser just posted on the Bakoon Facebook page.  It's a printed circuit board and if you look at the lower right corner of the board it has HPA-01 printed on it.  Anyone with some electronics smarts able to make sense of the circuit?  The comment with the photo: "A new sample PCB just arrived, and yes, we will have a new product for you soon!"  I'm just shooting in the dark here but what chance of a new headphone amplifier?

From what I have heard, the new product is more likely to be a power amp.

Quote:
I heard their TOTL speaker amps at a meet recently. Using the current connection (think Krell and Audio-gd) they could use cheap 75 Ohm wire from the pre-amp with no issues and the sound was very good considering the unfamiliar speakers. They live only an hour or two drive south of me and I've been wanting to pay them a visit, so this might be a good excuse to do so.

Would be most interested in your impressions of the Bakoon Amp-11R with the LCD-3's. Oddly enough, I have the amp in-house but not the Audezes.

Dec 30, 2012 at 4:15 AM Post #6 of 6
More news from 6moons and it looks like the printed circuit board designation mentioned above is indeed a new dedicated headphone amp from Bakoon. 

"more and more people love the AMP-11R as headphone amp. We thus wanted a more affordable model superior even to the 11R for this purpose. With an output impedance close to 1MΩ, expect up to 1/10[size=x-small]th[/size] the headphone distortion with the HPA-01's current-mode output. We believe this will be a true game changer. It is a larger one-box solution with internal battery power supply derived from our EQA-11R." 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back