bad trader!! crap, i need help!!!
May 18, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #91 of 762
This is off topic about this scammer, but I had to tell you guys about it. The forum I mentioned above had a guy sell a CPU to someone. The scammer sends him a check for $5k or something like that. He tells the guy to take the money out for the CPU and some extra money for his time. He is suppose to deposit the check and send the scammer back the difference. The check clears and the person is suppose to send the rest back. Once they find out the check was a fake, the seller has already sent back the difference and is screwed. A guy posted about this knowing it was a scam and decided to mess with the guy. He had him send another check making up a story as to why he needed another. Last I checked the scam didn't go forward and the scammer didn't respond. Link below, good read.

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2231102

May 18, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #92 of 762
Quote:
Everyone's feedback starts at ZERO.
wink_face.gif

I agree. Everyone has to start somewhere, and for the most part, I think a lot of people are very trustworthy. The number of scumbags in the world is relatively small, but when you meet one, oh man watch out!

This same guy contacted me to trade my Xoom + $$ for his "iPad 2". After seeing he lived in Latvia, I decided not to do it. Good thing too. I wonder what I would've got? This?

I've only done 1 trade here and considering I was trading my M50s for some XB700s, the guy had no reason to scam me
tongue_smile.gif
. Of course, I knew I was 'downgrading' and he offered to compensate, but I was okay with it. Trades are by far the most nerve-racking and I would never trade with a member who has any negative feedback or no feedback. You can never be too careful.

May 18, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #93 of 762
Wow, looks like this guy really went in for a big haul. Really sorry to hear about this.

I've dealt with a few FS forums on the Internet over the years, but Head-Fi's has been consistently the best and safest in my experience. It's filled with some of the nicest and most honest people I've met on the Net.

That said, I have noticed that the general tone of Head-Fi has shifted a bit from its earlier days. It's gotten more popular now, and with that has come more and more members. Overall, it's been great to see the community grow, but there's a definitely a lot more "noise" here nowadays. 

And of course, a popular forum with an active marketplace dealing in relatively expensive goods will bring the lowlifes, and unfortunately, that seems to be the case here. It's really sad to see it happen, but I guess it's inevitable.

I think the lesson to be learned here is to always be cautious and try to deal with people with an established track record of positive feedback. Of course, everybody starts at 0 at some point, so if that's the case on both sides, then seeking out an intermediary (someone with a good track record) to facilitate the deal as a "middleman" would probably be the best course of action for both parties.

Good luck to all of those who got ripped off by this lowlife. I'll be continuing to watch this thread in hopes of seeing a positive resolution to come!

May 18, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #94 of 762
Slightly veering off topic, but I already filed a Paypal claim and am contemplating to cancel the charge on my credit card. Is that the wise thing to do or should I bill Paypal, then wait for the claim to process?

May 18, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #95 of 762
Quote:
Slightly veering off topic, but I already filed a Paypal claim and am contemplating to cancel the charge on my credit card. Is that the wise thing to do or should I bill Paypal, then wait for the claim to process?

Well, PayPal can't reimburse you for money that wasn't sent as far as the claim goes. On the other hand, if you never sent payment, you need not worry about being ripped-off.

May 18, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #96 of 762
the audacity of that mofo to post in here.. "LOL".  wow

hope he gets what's coming to him

There should be an unofficial rule that everyone just abides by--no paypal as gift until you have at least 10 feedbacks. 

maybe make it 5 feedbacks...lol, I'll be at 8 within a week so I'm not just saying 5 b/c that's what I have currently. 

May 18, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #100 of 762
Yeh i got the same tracking number as well ahaha.
If you've paid i think we can safely say that he aint sending nothing so take action as soon as possible.
Also i have his address and his paypal which is likely his e-mail address if anyone wants it!

May 18, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #101 of 762
Yeh i got the same tracking number as well ahaha.
If you've paid i think we can safely say that he aint sending nothing so take action as soon as possible.
Also i have his address and his paypal which is likely his e-mail address if anyone wants it!

Nah, I didn't pay or send anything. Luckily I have read this thread before taking any actions.

May 18, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #102 of 762
I would like to reiterate the importance of only do trades with very trusted people and most of all never trade overseas. The easability of scamming through this method is very high and there is unlikely to be able to do anything about it except getting the person banned.

May 18, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #103 of 762
HA so glad i saw this, i did a trade with the same guy for his ex1000, he told me he sent them and i sent my rocco BA, luckily royal mailed F'ed it up, missent it to lithuania and i got it back in the post. hes a real dodgy character that one.

May 18, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #104 of 762
i was trade my ie8 to lvrhs for ex1000, this ******* guy lie to me!
i was send my ie8, and today i just received his box from latvia, when i open it, there was no ex1000, only 4 ******** earphones...i am very angry about this, what could i do? i have already leave bad feedback to him, and send email to him.  there was no respond...****....

need   help!!

not strange...he send me 4 apple white headphone.....

I too have be ripped of b&w p5 and miles Davis tribute for hifiman he-400

I have contacted fraud squad in the uk They are contacting local police Unless he sends PayPal payment to cover the phones

THIS SAME GUY ALSO TRIED TO DO A FALSE TRADE WITH ME AND SCAM ME! LUCKILY I WAS WARY ABOUT HIS NEGATIVE FEEDBACK AND DID NOT SEND ITEMS UNTIL SURE HE HAD. HIS TRACKING NUMBER HE SENT ME WENT TO CANADA. I AM IN THE UK. STAY CLEAR FROM HIM.

I'm currently trading with user lvrhs.

I initiated contact with him and offered my Sony EX600 for his Vsonic GR01.

Time to check the tracking number...

There is a little red flag at the bottom of each post.

Everyone just click on the guy's post here and report it to the mods as critical. Explain that he's a bad trader and he'll at least be banned from here.

Well, same thing happened to me. We agreed to a trade of my UE TF10 for his DBA-02 MKII. I got the box Monday, and all I had was an empty box of some noname headphones.

Quite disappointed that this Ivrhs isn't yet banned.

I don't see what banning him will solve right now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back