Baby STAX SR-001 MK2 Impressions Thread
Oct 14, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #106 of 113
Bit of a bump here, but does anyone happen to have a scanned copy of the normally included manual?
Both boxes I had  never came with that which I thought was strange. 
I'd like to locate a scan for myself and another head-fier.
 ( not my picture )

It's funny my boxes ( England and Japan origins ) both have a label that is a full front. Not a small one like that. With simple diagrams of connections and also accessories too like listings for tips and interconnects
 Dealer-specific or a time-of-production variance perhaps?

Nov 27, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #107 of 113

NiZn is empty at 1.6v. Doubling that would be 3.2v.

Anyway, the red and green LEDs probably detect the high voltage charge, for the static electrical bias, in hundreds of volts.

I can report that when the sound quality suddenly drops into the ****ter due to lower battery power, the green LED is still lit when using a pair of Powergenix AA NiZn cells. 

Until that point the SQ is great though. 

Does anybody have a headband they want to sell? I haven't been able to find mine for a long time now and i fear i may have left them somewhere. But the $65 retail seems a bit steep. 

Sep 8, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #108 of 113
zombie bump

just to report I'm getting very good mileage with a romoss power bank. used it about 5hrs yesterday and batt indicator is still 'full'. will use it again today just to see how long will it last. this is really much way better than 2 pairs of NiZn batts.

Sep 16, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #110 of 113
Yup. It came w/ one of my chargers - interchangeable connectors/tips
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #111 of 113
Looking around to find the best replacement tips for the sr001 mk2. I have a general idea as to what to look for but if anyone can post me a link of a pair that you have used with success, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
James

Nov 1, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #113 of 113
Hello everybody! I'll take this thread from the past for the reason that this Baby-Stax (especially the 1st generation -> 001) still fascinates me very much! Especially since Stax started offering the CC-A1 (CES-A1). What are your experiences? Who uses the new tips with the old SR-001?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back