b22 hookup wire
Jan 16, 2009 at 3:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

hockeyb213

BANNED: BAD TRADER
Easy question but one I am not sure of which is best for. I am building a b22 + s22 but I need suggestions for good hookup cable to use along with it. I want really good stuff but nothing that is going to be crazy crazy.

Jan 16, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #2 of 29
navship is your good friend
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:52 AM Post #5 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, it has been answered by amb once - if you believe in cables, use your best, if you don't, use SPC.

Actually, I don't even go as far as SPC. How about just some regular 22-24 AWG stranded copper hookup wire for signal, and 18 AWG for power? These are readily available in small spools at electronics components retailers.

Jan 16, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #6 of 29
I'd recommend the wire from navships, it's not expensive (but more than regular hookup from the local store), but I like it better than plastic coated wire because the coating doesn't melt. That's a plus for me if I wire something up and discover I need to get to a joint under a wire or near one and if it's PVC, I end up touching it, getting crap on my iron and making the wire look not so great.

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #9 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by elliot42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd recommend the wire from navships, it's not expensive (but more than regular hookup from the local store), but I like it better than plastic coated wire because the coating doesn't melt. That's a plus for me if I wire something up and discover I need to get to a joint under a wire or near one and if it's PVC, I end up touching it, getting crap on my iron and making the wire look not so great.

x2 for Navships.

I too like teflon insulated wires for the same reason above. The only problem I have is my wire stripper tool doesn't work very well with teflon and I have to rely to my X-acto more often than not.

Jan 16, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #11 of 29
I would highly recommend using two strands of solid core used for the signal (Personally, I like 20-22 AWG UP-OCC copper combined with 28AWG UP-OCC Silver in cotton). What also works well is the XLO combined with some 22AWG SPC just because the bass is a little lacking in the XLO stuff alone, IMO.

Jan 16, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #12 of 29
navships all the way.

I use his wire for signal wiring for all of my projects.

I just use regular wire for power wiring.

Jan 16, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #13 of 29
I just got 50' of 22awg teflon wire from navships yesterday, Seems like great quality, I'm using it for signal wiring in my Aikido.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back