B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread
Feb 15, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #556 of 1,671

For me the H7 (and H8) had Bluetooth issues and dropped out all the time from turning my head and depending where I carried my iPhone; they fixed it with the H9 which is solid as a rock with Bluetooth. I think the H7 had slightly better overall sound, probably due to the ANC implementation on the H9's. So I returned the H7's at the time and have kept the H9's. I also love having ANC if needed and not needing yet another pair of headphones just for that (I fly Internationally several  times a year).

i have an H7 and an H8 and have non of these problems
the H8 with new Hardware except the old Hazle and Agrilla models are ok
i have an H8 Deep Red, and an H7 with old firmeware to avoid the white noise, 
the maximum loudness are good for both

Feb 15, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #557 of 1,671

Jealous. iPhone or Android?

Feb 15, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #559 of 1,671

Yes, as I mentioned in my first post last week, the current H8 does not have the BT issues that plagued earlier batches. I had the hazel/grey first and that was sent back due to constant dropouts. I then got a black H8 pair with the new hardware and the latest "Low Latency" 4.2 AptX codec. The newer H8 model comes in a slightly different box that states the H8 has the LL AptX codec, and it also comes with a shorter USB cable than the one found on earlier H8 batches.

Comparing BT performance, the H9 was marginally better, but only just. I've been very happy with my second H8 pair. The lower volume output on the H9 was another reason that made me return the H9.

Feb 17, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #560 of 1,671
DESIGN PROBLEM

Having previously written a glowing review of these headphones I'm afraid I need to rescind that. It seems to me there is a problem with the left ear cup design causing rattling.

I've just returned a pair that experienced a slight rattle that increased over the month that I used them, it was particularly prominent and I suspect made worse by sub frequencies.

I've just received a brand new replacement pair from B&O and I can immediately hear the same issue, albeit faintly. I have a strong suspicion that this will increase over time, deeming these totally unusable and terribly designed.

Feb 17, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #561 of 1,671
I've had mine for 2 months and no rattle.....

Feb 17, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #562 of 1,671
It's worth noting that the buzz on this new set it's only audible during sub bass moments where the its just bass playing and nothing else. I've given a demo to numerous pro producer colleagues and they can all hear it too, such a shame as I thought these were great initially.

Sounds like it's one of 2 things:
1. I might be very unlucky then and have not one but TWO faulty sets
2. The build of the headphones can't deal with sub heavy music at high volumes and slowly degrades

Feb 20, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #563 of 1,671
Ashmil, I have a similar problem with my H9. When 

• noise cancelling is switched ON

and 

• the H9 encounters deep noises (like train doors closing, or me running down stairs) 

I have a crackling, whizzing sound in the left earcup. But only as long as I switch on the noise cancelling. 

Feb 23, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #564 of 1,671
Hi all,

Just picked up a pair of h9's and I have one burning question which has probably been covered here but I wasn't able to find it via browsing or Google, so....

Can I turn off the double tap to dial the last number? Ridiculously annoying and I've only had them for a day!

Many thanks and apologies for any repetition,

AR

Feb 23, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #565 of 1,671
Hi all,

Just picked up a pair of h9's and I have one burning question which has probably been covered here but I wasn't able to find it via browsing or Google, so....

Can I turn off the double tap to dial the last number? Ridiculously annoying and I've only had them for a day!

Many thanks and apologies for any repetition,

AR

No, there isn't, painful!

Feb 28, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #567 of 1,671
Hi all,

I could need some inputs and thoughts from other owners of the H9.

Bear in mind that this is my first headphones with ANC.

I purchased a pair in early February, but I had to send it back since it would not charge the battery, Beoplay replaced it with a new one fast and easy.
With my second pair, I noticed a very annoying sound for every step when walking or turning my head to a sudden stop. The sound is to be described as a crackling sound or maybe a electric pop, much like when you pull an auxiliary cable from an amplifier, but obviously much lower. I understand that this is phenomena that could occur with ANC due to pressure variation inside the cups? The sound was in both ANC mode and non-ANC mode. I shipped this one too back and received a third pair. Again the crackling sound appeared, not as intense and sensitive as with second pair but still obvious, but now only in ANC mode so that better. But it’s still quite annoying and I sometimes end up with just turning the ANC off when walking.

Now I am sitting here and thinking, do I have way too high expectation for these headphones? As for headphones to 500USD I think not, but if technology just isn’t there yet I understand that I need to ease on my expectations.

So what do you guys think, is this normal with this headphones or should I send them back? I really like both the sound and the design of the headphones, but the crackling sound annoys.
s think, is this normal with this headphones or should I send the back? I really like both the sound and the design of the headphones, but the crackling sound anoys me. 

Mar 1, 2017 at 5:19 AM Post #568 of 1,671
Hi all,

I could need some inputs and thoughts from other owners of the H9.

Bear in mind that this is my first headphones with ANC.

I purchased a pair in early February, but I had to send it back since it would not charge the battery, Beoplay replaced it with a new one fast and easy.

With my second pair, I noticed a very annoying sound for every step when walking or turning my head to a sudden stop. The sound is to be described as a crackling sound or maybe a electric pop, much like when you pull an auxiliary cable from an amplifier, but obviously much lower. I understand that this is phenomena that could occur with ANC due to pressure variation inside the cups? The sound was in both ANC mode and non-ANC mode. I shipped this one too back and received a third pair. Again the crackling sound appeared, not as intense and sensitive as with second pair but still obvious, but now only in ANC mode so that better. But it’s still quite annoying and I sometimes end up with just turning the ANC off when walking.

Now I am sitting here and thinking, do I have way too high expectation for these headphones? As for headphones to 500USD I think not, but if technology just isn’t there yet I understand that I need to ease on my expectations.

So what do you guys think, is this normal with this headphones or should I send them back? I really like both the sound and the design of the headphones, but the crackling sound annoys.

s think, is this normal with this headphones or should I send the back? I really like both the sound and the design of the headphones, but the crackling sound anoys me. 

I don't think this is normal. I had a pair of H9's for a few days and didn't like the ANC that much. IMO I think the H7 is a better pair of cans for the money, since the overall sound is more clear and less bassy then the H9. I saved almost 200euros on these and don't regret it.

Mar 1, 2017 at 5:32 AM Post #569 of 1,671
No crackling sound here with or without ANC, sounds like you got yet another bad sample :frowning2:
Wearning them outside I get wind noise with ANC turned on. I turn ANC off if it's windy. That's a very different thing than what you're describing.

Mar 3, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #570 of 1,671
  No crackling sound here with or without ANC, sounds like you got yet another bad sample :frowning2:
Wearning them outside I get wind noise with ANC turned on. I turn ANC off if it's windy. That's a very different thing than what you're describing.

I don't think this is normal. I had a pair of H9's for a few days and didn't like the ANC that much. IMO I think the H7 is a better pair of cans for the money, since the overall sound is more clear and less bassy then the H9. I saved almost 200euros on these and don't regret it.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I guess I have yet another one with a fault, a bit disappointing. I have contacted the seller so they are working on it, they was told by beoplay that it might help to adjust the feedback microphone, so then it has to go back in again. Seems like they have really bad quality issue on this headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back