B&O H7 Bluetooth Discussion and Impressions
Jan 16, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #196 of 294
I did a lot of tests, I'm sure now, the right ear is louder than the left one, damn it... I hope they will change mine, because it's not really clear while listening to music, (actually it is for me), but with a stereo test you can hear the difference easily.

Jan 18, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #197 of 294
I'm generally very happy with my H6v2 - but yes - that wire can be annoying. So I couldn't resist ordering the H7 and giving it a try. Leaving aside the audio quality for now, I have to say I'm disappointed with the Bluetooth artifacts.

Here are the artifacts I hear during audio playback:

• constant white noise in both ears
  • irregular ticking in the left ear
  • a constant high-pitched G7 tone in the right ear
  • irregular G5 tones in the right ear

Artifacts 1 and 2 will disappear 10 seconds after playback. Artifacts 3 and 4 will disappear 20-40 seconds after playback.

And no, I didn't have to be very attentive to hear these. They can be easily heard, especially during podcasts, audiobooks and the like. Only loud music will overpower them.

I've done most of the testing with aptX on my iMac and on my iPhone. With both, I experience the same artifacts.

Do I have faulty unit, or this something that all H7 headphones have? I'd love to hear your responses.

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #198 of 294
Is 
  I'm generally very happy with my H6v2 - but yes - that wire can be annoying. So I couldn't resist ordering the H7 and giving it a try. Leaving aside the audio quality for now, I have to say I'm disappointed with the Bluetooth artifacts.

Here are the artifacts I hear during audio playback:

• constant white noise in both ears
  • irregular ticking in the left ear
  • a constant high-pitched G7 tone in the right ear
  • irregular G5 tones in the right ear

Artifacts 1 and 2 will disappear 10 seconds after playback. Artifacts 3 and 4 will disappear 20-40 seconds after playback.

And no, I didn't have to be very attentive to hear these. They can be easily heard, especially during podcasts, audiobooks and the like. Only loud music will overpower them.

I've done most of the testing with aptX on my iMac and on my iPhone. With both, I experience the same artifacts.

Do I have faulty unit, or this something that all H7 headphones have? I'd love to hear your responses.

I'm curious too. Is this not a software fault at all? People are reporting this since update 9.1.3. right.

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #199 of 294
I get the sound of a tiny engine, for lack of better words, in the left ear for 15-30 seconds after starting playback, then a consistent ticking noise at 1-1.5 ticks per second for as long as I use the headphones. Constant white noise. 
There's a very high pitch noise in the right ear whenever the headphones are on with BT connected, playing no sound.
There may be more irregular noises I haven't noticed yet.
This is disappointing from a headphone in this price range.

Using an iPhone 6 and a 2013 Macbook Air.

Jan 19, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #200 of 294
There are all kinds of issues w/ the bluetooth sound of the H7...all of those artifacts are present on all models, it's just a matter of degree.  I've had three pairs now from different retailers and they all have issues.  I've accepted it when using bluetooth, just for the convenience.  That's also why I just run a pure silver cable to my desktop amp when listening at my desk.  They sound phenomenal wired.

Jan 19, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #202 of 294
Also noticed that the H7 produces way more sound /volume when wired and listening from Spotify then when its Bluetooth paired to a Macbook Pro Retina. Anyone who noticed the same?
Also when watching a episode of Shooter on Netflix, the only example i've found, it that the sound is more effective on the right ear cup then on the left. Sound is coming more from the right side then being balanced.. What does this means?

Jan 19, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #203 of 294
I agree it's not an issue of a faulty unit. All H7's show these issues in one way or another. Since it seems that it worsened after update 9.1.3, maybe a future update could solve something. I wouldn't trust. My decision: I returned them. I'm trying now the Onkyo H500BT. Anyway I'm afraid there is no completely flawless pair of cans. So, it's better to consider everything, especially the sound quality. I agree nonetheless that all these artifacts are unacceptable in such expensive cans.

Jan 20, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #204 of 294
I've contacted BeoCare and this was their reponse when I reported this issue:

"The "noise" heard is what we call "the noise floor", which is a compromise between the maximum Sound Pressure Level (SPL) and audible noise in paused music Signal to Noise (S/N).
Or to put it in another way - the louder your headphones can play, the more audible the "noise" becomes when the music pauses or is played back at low volume. Please also be aware that a connected Bluetooth source may also generate "noise" - using a cable will eliminate any such Bluetooth related "noise". "

Jan 21, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #205 of 294
I've contacted BeoCare and this was their reponse when I reported this issue:

"The "noise" heard is what we call "the noise floor", which is a compromise between the maximum Sound Pressure Level (SPL) and audible noise in paused music Signal to Noise (S/N).
Or to put it in another way - the louder your headphones can play, the more audible the "noise" becomes when the music pauses or is played back at low volume. Please also be aware that a connected Bluetooth source may also generate "noise" - using a cable will eliminate any such Bluetooth related "noise". "

I love how they downplay the Bluetooth noise by mentioning it as an aside in the last sentence. Yes, of course there is a noise floor for every pair of headphones. But that noise is NOTHING compared to the Bluetooth white noise you get with the H7.

I can only speak for the H7, since they're the only quality Bluetooth headphones I've ever tried, but I'm curious to know if there are Bluetooth headphones that don't have any of the added white noise.

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #207 of 294
hi all

just received my h7 

I have a doubt, hoy I know if they are bluetooth 4.1 or 4.2? I didn't see anywhere in the box.....

is there a big change between these different versions?

regards

Jan 24, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #208 of 294
hi all

just received my h7 

I have a doubt, hoy I know if they are bluetooth 4.1 or 4.2? I didn't see anywhere in the box.....

is there a big change between these different versions?

regards

When you check the Beoplay app , you see which software, you're running an thus can see which Bluetooth version you have. When you have 9.1.3 you have 4.2. Below that is 4.0/4.1.

Jan 24, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #209 of 294
Well here's the deal.  I can 100% confirm that if you don't UPDATE the headphones w/ the BeoPlay update software, the clicking and weird sounds DOES NOT appear.  As soon as you update it, they are back.  It has to be something with how the software interacts w/ the headphone allowing it to talk to the BeoPlay App.  So if you buy these headphones, DO NOT update them, and just skip the app.  LOL.

I bought my 4th pair, this time for my wife who's going to be traveling and I just haven't updated them and they don't have the crappy noises going on.  So that stuff B&O is feeding us about sound floors and whatnot is a bunch of BS.

Jan 24, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #210 of 294
I've updated mines two days ago using the computer and don't hear artifacts or something strange......

but after doing the update, I uninstalled the b&o app 

in your case, I dont understand why you don't uninstall the app? have you tried to do it? if you have done, still have problems?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back