Azla Sedna Earfit Tips
Aug 7, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #76 of 151
I find I can get good seal with the xelastecs if I pull my ear up and out to open my ear canal. That way I can put the ear tip deeper in and let the ear canal settle around it.
But I abhor the things they do to sound, so I'm not using them.

Aug 7, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #77 of 151
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/best-iem-tips.626895/page-61#post-15750704

I do like the sound a bit better with the Xelastec on the blons. It's just that the comfort is worse and it is takes more time/effort to put them in so I don't use them lol.
Exactly. I’m somewhat indifferent about their sound with the BL03, but fit and effort to put in the IEMs is a real pain.

I'd also like to add that with the type of material used it's near impossible to clean them of wax and after the first use they have this haze to them that i'm assuming only hot water and dish soap will clean. My usual Azla Sedna Earfit LIghts are easily cleaned with a lint-free cloth but my cloth just sticks to the tips when trying to give them a wipe.
Clean with soap/water or wipe with alcohol.

Aug 7, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #78 of 151
You're probably still deciding how these sound, but can you tell us how you find the fit/comfort, especially size in comparison to typical sizing?
Since the tube is thicker than other sedna, it'll be better to pair them with slimmer nozzle iem or find a size smaller from other sednas. So if you usually use MS sized sedna, i suggest to get the S sized xelastec. Fit is okay for me, i get used to it rather quickly & once you got the fit, it will feels like they disappear into your ear.

Sound wise, since they are more grippy than normal sedna, you'll get more bass & better isolation.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2020 at 11:13 PM Post #79 of 151
I use a microfiber cloth dipped in rubbing alcohol.

Good call. They just seem too cumbersome to deal with on a daily basis for me, anyways ha. The sticky texture picks up any hair, lint etc that's in the vicinity and it's pure hell trying to remove it (for me)

Aug 8, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #80 of 151
Since the tube is thicker than other sedna, it'll be better to pair them with slimmer nozzle iem or find a size smaller from other sednas. So if you usually use MS sized sedna, i suggest to get the S sized xelastec.

I was thinking about this last night. I usually use Sedna Earfit with my U12t or Nio. Got the Xelastec yesterday in the same size but found them quite uncomfortable.

Great sound, but after 25-30 minutes I had to take them out. Seem to put too much pressure on the ear canal. I also lift the ear to get a good fit / seal. Think I need to try one size lower (from S to SS).

Aug 8, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #81 of 151
Got the Xelastec's.3 different sizes . Actually a strange experience. I'm a professional bassist. Very easy to get a good comfortable fit.
\the bad news---tried them on my Tansio Mirai Zodiacs (12 ba's per side--fantastic iems) and stretched 'em out a bit to fit my Audeze Lcd i4's. Great fit, but WAYYY too much bass!!!Ridiculous extension---a nice thing--but the midbass was crazy overpowering. The Tansio's are a bit big (after all, 12 ba's) and previously the only tips that held them in well were Comply's. The Comply's gave a nice, tight accurate bass. (I'm the bassist on Patricia Barber's stuff--I play the cut "Ode to Billy Joe" to test the accuracy of bass--the recording has won numerous awards and it's just me and Patty--I know what my bass sounds like).With the Sedna's I sound like I should be playing with Bob Marley--crazy wayyy to much bass.
Weird experience!

Aug 24, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #83 of 151
So I've mostly moved over to full sized cans and have quite a few of these tips - Different varieties also. Some used, some not at all. If anybody wants to save some cash, I'm wanting to let them go. Below is a picture of what I have if anybody is interested, shoot me a PM. Would like someone to take the whole lot but not a huge deal if that's not the case. Azla Sedna Earfit Lights, Shorts and Xelastic - All sized ML

20200813_113402.jpg20200813_113408.jpg

Aug 24, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #84 of 151
So I've mostly moved over to full sized cans and have quite a few of these tips - Different varieties also. Some used, some not at all. If anybody wants to save some cash, I'm wanting to let them go. Below is a picture of what I have if anybody is interested, shoot me a PM. Would like someone to take the whole lot but not a huge deal if that's not the case. Azla Sedna Earfit Lights, Shorts and Xelastic - All sized ML

20200813_113402.jpg20200813_113408.jpg
Pm

Sep 11, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #85 of 151
So I have been using spiral dots(ML) for more than 3 years now. I ordered some Sedna Earfit ML, but after a while they get very uncomfortable of my left ear and stick out too much, but I love the sound.

So I was thinking if I should try the Sedna Earfit Light Short ML. Since they are softer, they should be more comfortable right? Or should I try a new size?

Sep 11, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #86 of 151
So I have been using spiral dots(ML) for more than 3 years now. I ordered some Sedna Earfit ML, but after a while they get very uncomfortable of my left ear and stick out too much, but I love the sound.

So I was thinking if I should try the Sedna Earfit Light Short ML. Since they are softer, they should be more comfortable right? Or should I try a new size?

yes you should try light, short in ML

die the same, also coming from normal ML and now they are more comfortable

using on my Solaris 2020 and EE LX

Oct 6, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #88 of 151
Hey guys, just wanna ask if how does the sedna light short compares to spinfit cp145? I mostly use cp145 because it reduces highs, may i know how the sednas affect the sound in general?
They are wide bore, so in general, the upper midrange and treble frequencies come through very clearly, w/o any reduction. I find that they seal really well, so the bass has always sounded good for me, but not accentuated. It‘s basically very even sounding compared to the CP145, which I find make some IEMs sound more “exciting”.

Oct 18, 2020 at 6:56 AM Post #89 of 151
So I am using some no name 5.4mm bore and 13.5mm flange tips on the BL-03 which is actually the most comfortable tips I have found and they seal with an insertion shallow enough that they don't catch earwax often if ever, but has a rather flimsy flange. Does this mean I wanna order ML?

Oct 18, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #90 of 151
So I am using some no name 5.4mm bore and 13.5mm flange tips on the BL-03 which is actually the most comfortable tips I have found and they seal with an insertion shallow enough that they don't catch earwax often if ever, but has a rather flimsy flange. Does this mean I wanna order ML?
If you are not sure and don't mind paying a little extra they do multi packs of different sizes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back