Avril Lavigne - The Best Damn Thing. Better than I expected !
Apr 17, 2007 at 10:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 59

raymondlin

Architect &Musical Fidelity X-Man v2
After hearing her first single off the album about a month ago I have to say i was a little worry about what it is going to be like. I got my hands on the CD/DVD edition today and first watched the DVD first (a good 40 mins, really good actually. It did look a little stage in some places but it was all fun and she's cute
tongue.gif
)

Anyway, the music. Brilliant !!!

Yes, it's a little different than the "hate him, I am on my own" style in the 2nd album, this is a LOT more upbeat but its all good. All the tracks are instantly likable due to the upbeat tempo, and after listening to the album the single Girlfriend fits in a LOT better and actually quite a good track after a few more listen. Shame they didn't include the video on the DVD thou, strange that.

p.s. I guess the people who hate her style will probably hate this album too but i can't help that.
tongue.gif

Apr 18, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #3 of 59
I've been hearing "Girlfriend" all day today. It makes me want to puke.

Apr 18, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #4 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by SysteX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been hearing "Girlfriend" all day today. It makes me want to puke.

x2

but she is really cute and I secretly had a crush on her during my freshman year of hs. I'll listen to some samples on itunes or something.

Apr 18, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #9 of 59
Yea, I'm attracted to certain female voices. This includes both good and bad songs. =[

Apr 18, 2007 at 3:46 PM Post #10 of 59
After listening to the rousing chorus of:

"Hey! Hey! You! You! I want to be your Girlfriend!"

I decided I'm the wrong gender and about 25 years too old to be in the target audience.

Apr 18, 2007 at 4:15 PM Post #11 of 59
What?? You don't want to be my girlfriend?

Hold on to my pocket lining!

Apr 18, 2007 at 4:17 PM Post #12 of 59
I'm gonna shamefully say that I liked her first two CDs. There are
times when I'm in the mood for her straight-ahead type music.

I'll have to check out her third release.

Apr 18, 2007 at 5:32 PM Post #13 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for your feedbacks guys. I take it in the sake of fairness you all heard every single track before making your judgments ?

yes, I did. And this was pretty bad, even for pop.

i don't understand what she is doing. Her major fanbase is teenage girls, why does she swear? She is only going to alienate her fans who have overprotected parents ( the majority) and I don't know how an adult will enjoy these lyrics.

and she is on the greatest Canadians of all time list. It's horrible. I mean Don Cherry is iffy, but her? God damn it.

I guess artists want to do their "fun" album now, but when Nelly Furtado did it, it was actually good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back