Avril LAvigne - Let Go - It's quite good actually
Jan 16, 2003 at 1:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

raymondlin

Architect &Musical Fidelity X-Man v2
Been listening to this for a month now, begin to like it more and more. Even some people's hate "Sk8er Boi" is quite catchy. But my favourite has to be track 8 - Anything But Ordinary. Another tracj that I like is "Why", which is on the B-sides in the Complicated Single. shows off her voice really well in that track.

And to my suprise, I've played this CD on a $8000 Speakers HiFi system and the production holds up, no hiss and still sounds great. And it's also been my companion in my daily walk to University for the past week.

Jan 16, 2003 at 2:29 AM Post #2 of 43
Quote:

I've played this CD on a $8000 Speakers HiFi system

...and the speakers didn't melt?
tongue.gif

Jan 16, 2003 at 4:16 AM Post #3 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by raymondlin
And to my suprise, I've played this CD on a $8000 Speakers HiFi system and the production holds up, no hiss and still sounds great.

Really I think the quality sucks real bad. Maybe its because mine was a Columbia House copy?

Jan 17, 2003 at 12:46 AM Post #6 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by Pepsione1
it also makes me wonder what kind of music they were listening to when the picture was taken.

Maybe that should be the next poll!!

Jan 17, 2003 at 1:41 AM Post #7 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by Pepsione1
They are hot alright, it also makes me wonder what kind of music they were listening to when the picture was taken.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I'd vote for T.A.T.U. - All the things she said
cool.gif

Jan 17, 2003 at 2:16 AM Post #9 of 43
I dunno, the samples I heard (besides her radio singles, those were catchy enough) didn't really keep my interest. I may take another listen, though.

Jan 17, 2003 at 11:59 PM Post #12 of 43
I gotta agree with Raymondlin on this one.

Let Go by Avril Lavigne is quite enjoyable. Admittedly it may not be a lyrically deep album the likes of Joni Mitchell, Carol King et al but its certainly fun to listen to.

Beyond this album, Avril will probably sink back into obscurity like so many others have done before her.

I am puzzled at how this album can be labelled PUNK though? Maybe it's some crazy effort to try cashing in on the glory days of the late 70's.

Sound As Ever

Jan 18, 2003 at 12:06 AM Post #13 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by Trawlerman
I am puzzled at how this album can be labelled PUNK though? Maybe it's some crazy effort to try cashing in on the glory days of the late 70's.

That's where the article I linked to comes in. She says she's punk, but her album really is pop music, sometimes masked with slightly heavy guitar sound. She says she plays guitar, and yet she never plays one live and is only credited with playing guitar on one track on the album. She says she writes all her songs, but there's a long list of songwriters on the album. Apparently she can't even skate all that well.
biggrin.gif
Etc... About the only thing "punk" about her is her clothes, and well, clothes don't make the (wo)man.

Basically she's trying to pass herself off as something she's not. Not that this is something new in the music biz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back