Auzentech X-fi Bravura 7.1 Sneak Peek
Jun 15, 2010 at 2:14 PM Post #376 of 447

Quote:

I have both cards also.  They have the exact same support for EAX 1,2,3,4 and CMSS3D etc...the Bravura doesn't have EAX 5.0.  I tested both cards head to head and the Bravura is a very fast card.
Try it out and if you don't get exactly what you want, take it back and get the Forte 7.1

The Bravura has better option for tuning the sound and just getting better sound across the board.  The Forte, has the X-FI 2 Processor, which the Bravura does not.
If you are a die hard gamer though, the Forte may be the best option.
Both card have CMSS-3D so they will sound identical from that perspective...

Thanks.  I know you've covered this before in the thread (I've read through it a few times), and I gathered the difference between software CMSS3D and hardware is next to nothing.  No real performance gains either between the two cards based on your review.  :deep breath: Nothing worse than feeling like you just bought the wrong thing.

Jun 15, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #377 of 447

Quote:
Thanks.  I know you've covered this before in the thread (I've read through it a few times), and I gathered the difference between software CMSS3D and hardware is next to nothing.  No real performance gains either between the two cards based on your review.  :deep breath: Nothing worse than feeling like you just bought the wrong thing.

Well, when you get it home put it through it paces and if it is not EXACTLY what you want take it back and go for the Forte.  They are both great cards and have features the other one doesn't.

Jun 17, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #379 of 447
From the site:
X-Fi Bravura DTS Connect Driver Coming in Q2 with Windows 7, Vista, and XP Support

Delays sometimes happen though, just keep checking with the site.  I fidn it interesting they are adding support for XP for this card with DTS-C.

Jun 17, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #381 of 447
Windows VIst etc.. sees the digital out surround outs and headphone outputs as all being different.  You can send different signals to each output or use your hepadheons for gaming, surround for movies and your digital out for music.

Jun 18, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #382 of 447
http://soundprime.com/bbs/zboard.php?id=Auzen_Driver&no=26  You can get the  DTS connect drivers here. they was released on auzentech partner site like some days ago. they have other fixes in the drivers as well. You might have to use google chromes translator to change the page from korean to english so you can read it and click the driver link.

Jun 21, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #384 of 447
Hi all, I'm new to Head-Fi. Long time reader, first time poster.

Looking purely at the headphone portion of the circuitry, which card should I get? The Bravura or the Forte? I mainly listen to music and watch movies. I use headphones 95% of the time.

Thanks.

Jun 25, 2010 at 3:03 PM Post #386 of 447
Hi

I have Bravura and Audio Technica ATH-AD700

in I/O Mode Control: Mode 1. I Undecided between SET 1 and SET 4

I don't know my headphone's  is Professional Headphone or Hi-Fi Headphone

you can see Headphone Mode Chart in image below

thank you all

Jun 26, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #387 of 447
I would say just leave it on Set 1, I use that my self for my headphones.

Jul 5, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #389 of 447
Looks like newegg is seeing more and more bad posts on this card with failures like mine.  I still have not received my replacement card.  They signed for the package on 6-14-10 and have not said a word to me.  I have written then two times after the delivery and no response.  I hope you guys have better luck with this card because the company is awful to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back