Auzentech X-fi Bravura 7.1 Sneak Peek
Jun 4, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #362 of 447

Quote:
Are you getting a refund or a replacment?

I asked for a replacement.  I love the card when it works but I have found two others with defective cards.  Also my left channel just stopped working, my headphones no longer work, and I barely get a little bit of sound out of the right desktop speaker when at full volume.  This thing is dieing fast.

FYI I found a Forte Locally I may pickup and just request a refund.  Your thoughts ROBSCIX?  I am mostly a gamer and I want a dependable card.

Jun 4, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #363 of 447
I picked up the Forte.. is there no way to switch between Speaker and headphone output?  It just outputs to all at the same time?  It's not even muting my speakers when I plug in the headphones.  Also cant seem to get my subwoofer to turn on.  Two things very important that the Bravura could do with no problem!

EDIT:  Fixed subwoofer output.  Just hate the fact the headphones dont mute when using speakers.  dumb.  Bravura was setup so much better for this.  I do notice I am not getting the annoying popping I would sometimes get just move the volume slider bar. 

Jun 5, 2010 at 6:41 PM Post #364 of 447
Been awhile since I used that card.  Thre should be away to switch between the two but I cannot remember where the setting is.  When you switch between each, they don't mute?

The Forte is a very solid card.

Jun 5, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #365 of 447

Quote:
Been awhile since I used that card.  Thre should be away to switch between the two but I cannot remember where the setting is.  When you switch between each, they don't mute?

The Forte is a very solid card.

Nope, I read this is an issue with the Forte.  The speakers will mute if headphones are plugged into front audio out only.  But what I don't like is I cant turn off the headphones I have to unplug them.  Bravura really had a sweet setup this way.  I can switch to headphone out in the control panel to shut off the speakers so that's fine but I will have to use the plantronics PC Audio switch as a way to shut off the headphones. 

Jun 5, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #366 of 447

Quote:
Nope, I read this is an issue with the Forte.  The speakers will mute if headphones are plugged into front audio out only.  But what I don't like is I cant turn off the headphones I have to unplug them.  Bravura really had a sweet setup this way.  I can switch to headphone out in the control panel to shut off the speakers so that's fine but I will have to use the plantronics PC Audio switch as a way to shut off the headphones. 

As I said, I have not used it in awhile and was unsure.  The BRavura has a wicked setup for that type of stuff.  All three outputs are totalyl seperate, I fully tested the outputs using multiple streams.  I had a different track coming out of the headphone output, Speaker output and digital outputs.

Jun 5, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #367 of 447

Quote:
As I said, I have not used it in awhile and was unsure.  The BRavura has a wicked setup for that type of stuff.  All three outputs are totalyl seperate, I fully tested the outputs using multiple streams.  I had a different track coming out of the headphone output, Speaker output and digital outputs.

Yeah, I didn't realize how cool that actually is until it had been stripped away from me lol.  I like the Forte as well.  Ill make someone on here a good deal on a Bravura when I get my replacement card.

Jun 5, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #368 of 447
It is very different in comparison as it is actually a different channel.  Many sound cards just switch between speaker out and headphones out but it is the came channel.  The Forte is a great card also just doesn't have that feature though.

Jun 7, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #370 of 447
maybe just a few days of burn in on the opamp and caps. i haven't really used the bravura over the stx. i'm using mode 1 since it's just 2 channel. setup is a rotel ra04 - monitor audio rx2.

Jun 9, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #371 of 447
Hey
I got my Bravura today installed all drivers and am running a pair of headphones and 2.0 boxes (both over 3,5mm plug) with it quite flawless. However i got a Problem with the driver. Any driversettings (Crystalizer, CMSS-3D, Equalizer or EAX) don't seem to have any impact on the sound. I even tested extreme Equalizersettings without realising any difference in sound. I can alter neither the Headphonesound nor the sound of my boxes.
Is there some way to apply the driversettings/whatever which i can't find? (I'm using Win 7 64bit)

Jun 10, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #372 of 447

Quote:
Hey
I got my Bravura today installed all drivers and am running a pair of headphones and 2.0 boxes (both over 3,5mm plug) with it quite flawless. However i got a Problem with the driver. Any driversettings (Crystalizer, CMSS-3D, Equalizer or EAX) don't seem to have any impact on the sound. I even tested extreme Equalizersettings without realising any difference in sound. I can alter neither the Headphonesound nor the sound of my boxes.
Is there some way to apply the driversettings/whatever which i can't find? (I'm using Win 7 64bit)

I am using win7 64bit also and had to do nothing to get that to work.  Are you making changes in the Volume Panel?

Jun 15, 2010 at 1:34 PM Post #374 of 447

Quote:

I am using win7 64bit also and had to do nothing to get that to work.  Are you making changes in the Volume Panel?

Copyright,

You're one of the few people I've seen that have used both cards.  I just purchased the Bravura and it will be arriving tomorrow, but my friend has a Forte and he is saying I'm making a big mistake.  I use my computer for gaming probably 90% of the time, and I'd love your thoughts on how the two stack up as far as positional audio on stereo headphones.  This is my main dilemma.  Thanks!

Jun 15, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #375 of 447

Quote:
Copyright,

You're one of the few people I've seen that have used both cards.  I just purchased the Bravura and it will be arriving tomorrow, but my friend has a Forte and he is saying I'm making a big mistake.  I use my computer for gaming probably 90% of the time, and I'd love your thoughts on how the two stack up as far as positional audio on stereo headphones.  This is my main dilemma.  Thanks!

I have both cards also.  They have the exact same support for EAX 1,2,3,4 and CMSS3D etc...the Bravura doesn't have EAX 5.0.  I tested both cards head to head and the Bravura is a very fast card.
Try it out and if you don't get exactly what you want, take it back and get the Forte 7.1

The Bravura has better option for tuning the sound and just getting better sound across the board.  The Forte, has the X-FI 2 Processor, which the Bravura does not.
If you are a die hard gamer though, the Forte may be the best option.
Both card have CMSS-3D so they will sound identical from that perspective...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back