Auzentech X-fi Bravura 7.1 Sneak Peek
May 22, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #316 of 447

Quote:
So is the built-in amp powerful enough to push some of the higher-end headphones?  It's got a built in HP Amp and DAC, but how good is it really?  Would you need a headphone amp still with this?

Dpends on the cans...  Electrically the amp can drive many different kinds.  Sounds pretty good based on my personal tests.  You can always use the line outputs to drive an external amplifier if that is more to your liking.

May 23, 2010 at 7:05 AM Post #317 of 447
Is it possible to connect a pair of cheap active monitors to the headphone output, bypassing the headphone amp? Because i want to use the front speaker connector to connect a pair of good speakers.

May 23, 2010 at 12:29 PM Post #318 of 447

Quote:
Is it possible to connect a pair of cheap active monitors to the headphone output, bypassing the headphone amp? Because i want to use the front speaker connector to connect a pair of good speakers.

You cannot bypss the headphone amplifer but you can lower the gain. In vista, Win7 they are seen as two totaly different outputs.You can actually play different music on each output -fronts, headphone out.

May 23, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #319 of 447
Ok, and do you think that i could connect fine a pair of cheap monitors. I specify cheap as i'm not really interested in high sound quality from them. They're just a secondary system.

May 23, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #320 of 447
Well I wouldn't advise connecting an amplifer output to another amplifer....but it can be done.  Just watch the output levels from the Bravura or you may get noise and distortion. 

May 25, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #325 of 447

Quote:
Dpends on the cans...  Electrically the amp can drive many different kinds.  Sounds pretty good based on my personal tests.  You can always use the line outputs to drive an external amplifier if that is more to your liking.

What's the best headphones that you think the built-in amp could push?  I'm deciding whether or not I want to get an amp (like the D2+), an older Onkyo receiver, or this card.  What do you think would be the best?

May 25, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #326 of 447

Quote:
What's the best headphones that you think the built-in amp could push?  I'm deciding whether or not I want to get an amp (like the D2+), an older Onkyo receiver, or this card.  What do you think would be the best?

The Bravura's onboard amp is powerful it can puch pretty much whatever you have from an electrical point of view BUT, if you are using premium grade cans you may want to go with a equally high end amplifier.

May 25, 2010 at 5:20 PM Post #327 of 447
Well I mean, do you think on it's own it could sufficiently push something like a Senn. 600 or 650?  I'm just trying to figure out if it's better to get this card, or just an Amp/DAC to go with my X-Fi XtremeMusic.

May 26, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #328 of 447
Just built a new computer last week after the motherboard of my old HP laptop fried itself for no reason.
Gosh, this Bravura is very very loud! Lucky that I didn't listen to the post-driver install default volume @66

Plugged my UM3X in and what can I say? WoW
I have always known mine are very sensitive monitors and always pick up the background hissing,
but I couldn't hear a thing.

The current volume is 2 on my headphone out and I have to further reduce the volume on all my applications.

Love this card and will start looking at OPAMP mods in the near future.
I know very little about OPAMPS,
can anyone be my lighthose and show me the path and get my headstart?

May 26, 2010 at 9:33 AM Post #329 of 447

Quote:
Well I mean, do you think on it's own it could sufficiently push something like a Senn. 600 or 650?  I'm just trying to figure out if it's better to get this card, or just an Amp/DAC to go with my X-Fi XtremeMusic.

Yes.  The card can drive most cans.  I would say it depends on what you have to spend.  You can go with this card or others or go with the external gear or both.

May 26, 2010 at 9:33 AM Post #330 of 447

Quote:
Just built a new computer last week after the motherboard of my old HP laptop fried itself for no reason.
Gosh, this Bravura is very very loud! Lucky that I didn't listen to the post-driver install default volume @66

Plugged my UM3X in and what can I say? WoW
I have always known mine are very sensitive monitors and always pick up the background hissing,
but I couldn't hear a thing.

The current volume is 2 on my headphone out and I have to further reduce the volume on all my applications.

Love this card and will start looking at OPAMP mods in the near future.
I know very little about OPAMPS,
can anyone be my lighthose and show me the path and get my headstart?

Read back a few pages where we talk about some good opamp upgrades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back