Auzentech X-fi Bravura 7.1 Sneak Peek
May 5, 2010 at 12:00 PM Post #302 of 447
Quote:

Originally Posted by [L]es /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ordered one. should be here in a few weeks... what dual type opamps can i get for this ?

Listen to the card stock first and then you can decide if you want to change anything. There are many opamps you can use in this card, go back a few pages and you should see some examples I posted of opamps setups to use with this card.

May 6, 2010 at 1:40 AM Post #304 of 447
Ok...I knew I felt this card was missing something.

In the past few days I have received some:

OPA2111KP - Dual Channel
OPA227P -  Single Channel
LME49720HA - Dual Channel
LME49710HA - Single Channel

Right now I have the OPA2111KP's in.  They were the only ones I didn't need adapters for.  I now have $40 worth of said adapters on order from BrownDog :).  I wasn't sure I would be able to tell a difference from the stock op amps but I was amazed.  The OPA2111KP's give much wider stereo separation and more punch to the bass.  I can't wait to try the other ones.

Are there any others I should be looking at?

May 7, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #306 of 447
I am using the OPA2111AM, which is the same as the unit your using except it is the metal can version.  There are two people using the AM module on the Bravura that hang around this site.

May 7, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #307 of 447
Looks interesting. Since X-Fi is useless and CMSS-3D is very useful IME, I am looking at the Auzentech X-FI Bravura 7.1. I want to use the headphone out for AD700 when I game and the Coaxial out to my DAC. I also require PCI-E (PCI is getting rather old now), so this looks great. I am just wondering if I should just go for the Asus Xonar STX. My main concern is positional audio in games and the quality of digital out to my DAC (Zero, saving for Matrix Mini-i). What sound card do you think I should go for? Or even the Auzentech Forte, considering I will only be using the headphone out and Coaxial out.

May 8, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #309 of 447
ok so I'm interested in trying out some different opamps for the can output, but I know nothing about what kind of adapters I would need etc. Would I need an adapter for a OPA2111AM? I've also used opa627 in another device and really enjoyed it, but I have no idea which specific model or the adapters I would need.

May 8, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #310 of 447

Quote:
ok so I'm interested in trying out some different opamps for the can output, but I know nothing about what kind of adapters I would need etc. Would I need an adapter for a OPA2111AM? I've also used opa627 in another device and really enjoyed it, but I have no idea which specific model or the adapters I would need.

To go from a metal cap style (TO-99) to a 9-pin DIP you will need http://cimarrontechnology.com/to-99to8-pindipadapterpn020601-1.aspx.  That adapter is all you need if you are using a dual channel TO-99 metal cap op amp.  If you are using a single channel you have to combine two of them.  So after you solder it to that adapter you will have to put it into http://cimarrontechnology.com/single-to-dualop-ampadapter-dipversionpn021001.aspx.  That adapter doesn't come with DIP sockets installed so you either have to pay the extra $6.00 to have them do it or order two http://cimarrontechnology.com/8-pindipicsocket.aspx and solder them on yourself.

If you are using the SO8 version of the chips you will need some different adapters which Brown Dog also carries.

May 8, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #311 of 447
No, you do not use a TO-99 and then solder it to a dual DIP8 adapter.  If you're going to use TO-99 make sure you know the difference between units that are dual and single channel.  The OPA2111AM I mentioned are dual channel they require a TO-99 to Dip8 adapter.

You have three different package types
1, SOIC8 - surface mount chips
2, DIP8 - Through hole design (used on the card stock)
3, TO-99 -Metal can opamp.

Any of these amps are available in signal or dual channel units.

There are special adapters for most conversions.  If you look back through this thread I have used different opamps in a few places. 

May 8, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #312 of 447

Quote:
No, you do not use a TO-99 and then solder it to a dual DIP8 adapter.  If you're going to use TO-99 make sure you know the difference between units that are dual and single channel.  The OPA2111AM I mentioned are dual channel they require a TO-99 to Dip8 adapter.

You have three different package types
1, SOIC8 - surface mount chips
2, DIP8 - Through hole design (used on the card stock)
3, TO-99 -Metal can opamp.

Any of these amps are available in signal or dual channel units.

There are special adapters for most conversions.  If you look back through this thread I have used different opamps in a few places. 

I don't believe I suggested as much.  Unless I screwed up my links I said:

Dual channel TO-99 -> DIP8 adapter
Single channel TO-99 ->DIP8 adapter -> Dual DIP8 adapter (unless you can find a dual TO-99 to single DIP8 adapter).

May 9, 2010 at 8:20 AM Post #313 of 447
I have to add that my Head-Direct RE0 with Bravura AMP+AD797BR sound amazing
ksc75smile.gif

RE0 known for their precise and detailed sound but the less known for there bass , bravura realy changes it. the bass is realy strong and clear the sound is realy more deatiled and surprising , the card AMP with the AD797BR can realy driven those IME's and take out their full potential.

May 11, 2010 at 8:21 AM Post #314 of 447

Quote:
I don't believe I suggested as much.  Unless I screwed up my links I said:

Dual channel TO-99 -> DIP8 adapter
Single channel TO-99 ->DIP8 adapter -> Dual DIP8 adapter (unless you can find a dual TO-99 to single DIP8 adapter).

Combining two adapters would not be such a good idea.  The better idea would be to find the proper adapter for the job.

May 22, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #315 of 447
So is the built-in amp powerful enough to push some of the higher-end headphones?  It's got a built in HP Amp and DAC, but how good is it really?  Would you need a headphone amp still with this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back