Auzentech X-fi Bravura 7.1 Sneak Peek
Feb 8, 2010 at 5:26 AM Post #76 of 447
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The drivers for the Bravura are far from bloatware.
From my experience and from others information, Auzentech cards tend to respond much differently then Creative cards with concerns to drivers. YMMV.

I agree completely. The Bravura's drivers and software package run very lean, and as usual, you get to select what you want to install beyond the core components. Furthermore, the drivers are as stable as can be for me in 64-bit Windows Vista.

Feb 8, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #77 of 447
so is the review coming out soon?
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 8, 2010 at 5:49 AM Post #78 of 447
Quote:

Originally Posted by MSmith83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree completely. The Bravura's drivers and software package run very lean, and as usual, you get to select what you want to install beyond the core components. Furthermore, the drivers are as stable as can be for me in 64-bit Windows Vista.

I noticed that you can select what all you want to install. I don't have the card yet, but as a non-Creative/X-Fi card person, are any of those separate things needed?

I don't do any gaming at all, and would prefer the lightest install possible, but also don't want to lose any functionality.

Feb 8, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #79 of 447
Quote:

Originally Posted by GCTonyHawk7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I noticed that you can select what all you want to install. I don't have the card yet, but as a non-Creative/X-Fi card person, are any of those separate things needed?

I don't do any gaming at all, and would prefer the lightest install possible, but also don't want to lose any functionality.

No. The base drivers install in one set. Other add-ons you can disable such as the Wave Studio etc. The Base drivers though are very light in comparison to some other cards I have seen.

Feb 9, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #83 of 447
Well ... delivery guy just showed up @ my office with the brand new Bravura. I couldn't find this card anywhere in the UK, so at the end I ordered it from Germany for 100EUR. It arrived in 2 business days. Nice.

I'm surprised with the card layout ... it's really really nice. I think that someone already mentioned space around the opamp sockets and I can confirm this. Nice touch.

Sadly, I' unable to toy with the card until later tonight. For now, I can only compare it with Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1Hifi (with the LM4562 opamps)

Something that caught my eye (scroll down to mode switcher)
Auzen X-Fi Bravura from Auzentech, Inc. : World First soundcards for Music, HTPC, and Gaming.

I/O (hardware) Control ? Indeed, there is a mode switcher on the front of the card. This is the first time I've seen this on any audio card. Also, it would be interesting to hear if "Pointing Ground Power Supply (for audio that is free of power supply noise)" is really working in practice.

Also, I really like separate volume control for the speakers and headphone out. It would be interesting to hear my HD600 on the dedicated headphone out.

Feb 9, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #84 of 447
Just verified opamps on the card ... topmost is actually LME49270NA (on the pic from auzen web site it looks like it's not marked, as it's quite subtle print barely visible). Others are generic JRC53200 and one of them (second from the bottom) is JRC45800. It's quite possible that LME is actually allocated for the dedicated headphone out, but what about speaker out (front) ?! Not sure, as I have no clue atm which opamp is for which channel (no accessible documentation).

There is some jumper (top/left) where you can select CHASIS GND or SIGNAL GND. No idea what is that used for.

It's intriguing how the hardware mode switch is operating and what's actually happening under the hood. Apparently, you can select:

bravuramodes.png

Feb 10, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #85 of 447
Yea I cant wait for mine to get here also. Gonna make sure it works then slot in my LME49710HA in headphone and the LME49720HA's in the other channels for my receiver.

Feb 10, 2010 at 3:23 AM Post #87 of 447
Here is the opamp models used in each channel.
Headphones: LME49720
Front channels: NE5532
Rear channels: NE5532
Side channels:NE5532
Center/Sub: JRC4580

The top chip is marked but National chips have labels that can be very faint to read on certain models. The LME49720HA is used for the headphones output.
The GND select swicth is to prevent ground loops with certain system/power layouts.
You can change the gnd from the chassis to the signal...

Feb 10, 2010 at 4:15 AM Post #88 of 447
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnjoyTheSilence /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Incognito73 I see two selection buttons for different modes on top of the card, can you select Comport Sound (for speakers) and Professional headphone for example or just the four sets you posted earlier?

Yeah, first button is for the microphone. I believe that only presets (sets) are available. Just found more information about that ground jumper (from the pdf manual):

"1. Ground Select Jumper (JP5) : Can select analog ground type between ‘SIGNAL GND’ and CHASSIS GND’ . If you select ‘CHASSIS GND’, analog ground will be connected to your PC case through PCI bracket. "

... so effectively one can choose how to ground the card.

Also, no native ASIO support. Bummer. I mean, you can get away with the Asio4All/VirtualAudioCable or JACK ... but it's not ideal. For the people interested only in WASAPI/DS, I guess it doesn't matter that much.

Anyhow, damn, my motherboard refused to recognise the card and I've spent like hours to figure it out. I was starting to suspect that it's a DOA and almost returned the Audiotrak back in the system ... but then it hit me. I realised that not so long ago I removed the "system32\FileRepository\DriverStore" directory in order to save some space on my SSD. Windows was looking for some system drivers there for a PCI bridge ... unbelievable. It's all good now but too late to audition anything. Will have to continue tomorrow ...

Feb 10, 2010 at 5:17 AM Post #89 of 447
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is the opamp models used in each channel.
Headphones: LME49720
Front channels: NE5532
Rear channels: NE5532
Side channels:NE5532
Center/Sub: JRC4580

The top chip is marked but National chips have labels that can be very faint to read on certain models. The LME49720HA is used for the headphones output.
The GND select swicth is to prevent ground loops with certain system/power layouts.
You can change the gnd from the chassis to the signal...

Your sure, because when my friend removed the headphone amp chip it had NA on it.I asked him like a couple of times to make sure, and he saw NA.

Feb 10, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #90 of 447
Quote:

Originally Posted by genclaymore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your sure, because when my friend removed the headphone amp chip it had NA on it.I asked him like a couple of times to make sure, and he saw NA.

Yes, LME49720NA.....NA is the DIp8 version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back