Auzen X-Fi™ Forte 7.1
Mar 12, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #256 of 302
Some use amplifiers even if technically they are not needed. Just for the sound quality or to have a bit of extra boost. If you are driving an external amplifer using the line outs you can turn the cards level output to full and use the amplifer to adjust the volume to proper listening levels. This keeps the SNR of the output signal as high as possible. Meaning the highest signal level with the lowest noise.

Mar 12, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #257 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some use amplifiers even if technically they are not needed. Just for the sound quality or to have a bit of extra boost. If you are driving an external amplifer using the line outs you can turn the cards level output to full and use the amplifer to adjust the volume to proper listening levels. This keeps the SNR of the output signal as high as possible. Meaning the highest signal level with the lowest noise.

So I've been doing it right? Max volume is the way to go?

Are you saying that the front headphone out is line level and the back (green) plus is amplified? If that's the case, I just might jerry rig some type of plug on the back of my case for line level output.

Mar 12, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #258 of 302
I was NOT talking about amplifed outputs. I was talking about the line outputs such as the front speaker output. If you have an eternal amplifier, it is better to max the volumeon the card and then use the external amplifer to adjust the volume. This keeps the signal as clean as possible going to the amplifer.

This is really for system where your card is connected to an external can or speaker amplifier.
The forte has both line level and amplifed headphones output. If you are using an external amplifer,look in the manual to verify which output is which.

Mar 16, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #259 of 302
Hey, I've been using the Auzentech Forte for awhile but I'm not especially sensitive to sound unfortunately. I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of settings I should be using with the Senns PC350 as I do want a natural, original but great sounding music.

Any input will be appreciated.

PS. Anyone else have problems with static after long usage which requires either a reboot or a change of windows output sample rate to fix it?

Mar 16, 2010 at 4:48 PM Post #260 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by knight02 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PS. Anyone else have problems with static after long usage which requires either a reboot or a change of windows output sample rate to fix it?

Unfortunately, yes. I believe that it's a driver issue which all x-fi owners are waiting to be fixed.

Mar 16, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #261 of 302
Quote:

I was NOT talking about amplifed outputs. I was talking about the line outputs such as the front speaker output. If you have an eternal amplifier, it is better to max the volumeon the card and then use the external amplifer to adjust the volume. This keeps the signal as clean as possible going to the amplifer.

This is really for system where your card is connected to an external can or speaker amplifier.
The forte has both line level and amplifed headphones output. If you are using an external amplifer,look in the manual to verify which output is which.

Rob, have you noticed hiss and clicks with the volume maxed to 100%, in the audio console?
Its hapening with my Prelude, wondering if the Forte suffer too..

Mar 16, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #262 of 302
I am using a Bravura right now... Not trouble with that whatsoever.

Do you have windows sounds enabled?
This sounds strange but I have seen some have issue with noise as when the card is set for higher sampling rate it must switch to play the lower sampled windows dings and bongs.

Mar 16, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #263 of 302
Quote:

I am using a Bravura right now... Not trouble with that whatsoever.

Do you have windows sounds enabled?
This sounds strange but I have seen some have issue with noise as when the card is set for higher sampling rate it must switch to play the lower sampled windows dings and bongs.

no, the card is set to bimatched, but I`ll check with windows sound disabled..

Mar 17, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #265 of 302
How about PSUs? I heard cheap PSUs really mess with high end sound cards.

Mar 17, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #266 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coupe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about PSUs? I heard cheap PSUs really mess with high end sound cards.

Only to a certain extent though. There is alot of clean up and ripple supression circutry between the PSU and the cards circuits.

Mar 17, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #267 of 302
Is that performed by the MB? If it is can a cheap MB cause static?

Mar 17, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #268 of 302
Quote:

Generally, those who buy 200$ soundcard dont cheap on PSU or Motherboard..

Mar 17, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #269 of 302
Quote:

Much of the circuity is on the PSU and many card will also have further clean up and ripple surpressions circuitry on the card.

You also need to be sure your recording oinputs are not "floating" -meaning the are left enabled with nothing conencted, this makes the entire circuit sensitive to noise. Add in the +20dB mic boost and well you can see the trouble.

Mar 18, 2010 at 7:27 AM Post #270 of 302
Quote:

Do you mean max volume on Windows sound setting then adjust the actual volume with external amplifier?

I did that with Z5500 analog out. For some reason, when I listen to podcast (news) I get high distortion with windows volume over 75%. Though I don't have the same problem with the classical musics I listen to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back