Auzen X-Fi™ Forte 7.1
Jan 28, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #16 of 302
Shouldn't you have another PCIe slot available for use?

If you're not running SLI on that motherboard, stick it in the other full length PCIe slot or something. It should be a bit away from the video card at least.

Jan 28, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #17 of 302
Hmm well I just rebuilt my entire PC, so now it is 3 slots away from the GPU, same problem ***.

Jan 29, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #19 of 302
I'm not sure, the only choice if so would be the ASUS then. I tried the aluminium foil trick, but didn't help.

My GPU is the ATI 4870. Motherboard 680i evga. The buzzing sound seems to be in sync with the GPU buzz generated when loading a game, e.g. crysis, left for dead, battlefield 2. Installing Alchemy didn't help.

It's a shame, otherwise I was very impressed with the sound quality when just playing normal music - no buzzing whatsoever.

Jan 29, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #20 of 302
ATI on a Nv chipset?

I heard about the GPU buzzing problem, though never experience one personally? Do you watercool? If not shouldn't the fan noise overshadows the buzz easily?

Jan 29, 2009 at 11:13 AM Post #21 of 302
Heh well my last card was the 8800GTX which buzzed or "whined" alot louder than my ATI when under load. It's a way common problem with GPUs nowadays, google it and find thousands of other people with it.

My card is cooled with a custom heatsink and noctua cooler, running at only 16db. Rest of system is running fans at 14db, including the psu. It's a quiet pc :]

So well done Auzentech!

Jan 29, 2009 at 11:56 AM Post #22 of 302
Just to update, I've sent them an urgent ticket, so hopefully they will investigate. Though I am dreading going back to onboard sound
frown.gif

Really love the clarity and bass they are giving my HD-25s

Jan 31, 2009 at 12:45 PM Post #23 of 302
Jan 31, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #24 of 302
Simple things first, You are hearing these sound though the speakers/heapdhones?
If you are using the front panel header for heapdhones, change to the rear outputs. Also, must all the recording inputs that you are not using. Make sure you are using the latest driver set.
I have been testing the Forte and have had no issue like this. I have seen it on other cards though..

Jan 31, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #25 of 302
@ROBSCIX (or anyone else who could comment)

How is the Forte's built in headphone amp treating you thus far? Does it provide good enough bass, etc.? Anything you could compare it to (obviously not going to be the quality of a $400 amp, yes I know).

If anyone is using it for games, how are the drivers?

Jan 31, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #26 of 302
Sounds very good so far. I haven't really had too much time to compare as of yet. I should get around to testing the card fully soon.
Drivers have been solid on my end.

Jan 31, 2009 at 6:16 PM Post #27 of 302
Auzentech does well with drivers, much better than Creative themselves. Obviously they're based off Creative drivers for X-Fi based cards like this one but Auzen is much better at resolving issues in a timely manner and keep to their promise of adding features.

Jan 31, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #28 of 302
My interest in the Auzentech is due to it's apparent reputation to handle the gaming environment better than the Asus Xonar cards. I realise the Xonar is better for music but I use my PC mostly for gaming and listen to music away from my PC. Unless someone can recommend another card that does well for gaming and is decent for other audio with a good record of driver support I'm tempted to live dangerously and take a chance on the Forte. (ASUS Maximus Formula, Q6600 w/ Arctic Cooling Freezer 7, 8800GT, Silverstone Strider 1000W PS, Seagate Barracuda 7200, Vista Ultimate 32bit).

Feb 1, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #30 of 302
I'm looking to pair the Auzentech Forte with decent headphones. I'm new to this and a bit overwhelmed with all the information available in these forums. Do you think the Forte headphone amp requires any special consideration when looking for headphones/headset?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back