Australians looking for HD650
Mar 23, 2004 at 9:29 AM Post #61 of 62
Thanks for the wicked digital tip 3lusiv3. I've had the same problem looking for a headphone cable... maybe I haven't tried hard enough yet but that stock cable on the ety is pretty short so I'll have to do something.

Taoster, I didn't listen to those speakers you mentioned. The only other ones that "stood out" were the paradigm and boston acoustics but the price killed it for me with these. It is hard to hear all the speakers you want at the same dealer and I almost thought something was good only to change my mind. The trick I used was to always try and compare one type of speaker I got to know (the B&W range for me) and decide how much better or worse the speaker was that I was demo-ing. At most stores the B&Ws were side by side with the "new" speaker I wanted to hear.

The B&Ws were my reference and I liked em a lot. Then I heard the B&Ws next to the Krix... wow, those Krix were for me a perfect match for my ears and wallet (bear in mind that these are Australian speakers, and in Aussieland these are competetively priced with their small speakers (equinox) costing about $800. I personally rated these as equal or better than most of what I heard up to about A$1,500 - $2,000, especially in the mid range and upper bass. Three hundred movie theatres worldwide use this brand... or some statistic like this I read on their web site.

I must PM silencer and find out if he dropped off the face of the planet in audiophile heaven... those new HD650s mean he has no time for forums anymore!

Hey anyone in Sydney going to the audio show at North Sydney Leagues club this weekend? I'm possibly looking at Sunday afternoon if I can register.

Cheers,

TonyAAA

Mar 23, 2004 at 9:54 AM Post #62 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by TonyTripleA
Hey anyone in Sydney going to the audio show at North Sydney Leagues club this weekend? I'm possibly looking at Sunday afternoon if I can register.

The list of equipment on display is impressive. While some items are yet to be finalized you will be able to see and hear; Halcro, Krell, BAT and MBL amps, Dynaudio Evidence, Focal JM lab Grande Utopia Be, Eggleston works and MBL speakers.

pretty impressive line-up i must say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back