Australian BantamDAC Group Buy - Sign up!
Nov 4, 2008 at 6:06 AM Post #16 of 138
Oh no! They're dropping like flies...
tongue.gif

Thanks for replying.

Nov 4, 2008 at 7:08 AM Post #18 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stikk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey kiddies.

I see you've got me down already, just re-affirming that I'm in. I don't need a USB cable or a case, if that's possible?

Thanks, Stikk. And absolutely possible.

Nov 4, 2008 at 8:36 AM Post #19 of 138
Hi, I can confirm I'm in for two on one condition.

If somebody else could assemble for me. I'm really in the market for something like this but neither me or my friend (who the 2nd is for) have any experience building and would rather just get somebody else to pre-build if possible.

So if anyone is willing to help out, put my name down for two.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 4, 2008 at 10:15 AM Post #21 of 138
I'd be happy to lend a hand putting some together.

I will state up front I am confident & competent soldering SMD resistors & caps etc, but I am less confident on the PCM2702.

If someone else is more confident than I am with SSOP chips, I'd be happy to take it from there (including casing) for a few builds.

Nov 4, 2008 at 12:00 PM Post #23 of 138
I'm competent with a soldering iron but the only smd work I have done is desoldering the parts in my diyMod mini. I'm fairly confident in my ability to solder most of the components, but I'll see how I go with the ssop chips on mine.

If my build goes well I'd be happy to help, but it looks like fordgtlover would be a better choice.

Nov 5, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #24 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by elliot42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm competent with a soldering iron but the only smd work I have done is desoldering the parts in my diyMod mini. I'm fairly confident in my ability to solder most of the components, but I'll see how I go with the ssop chips on mine.

If my build goes well I'd be happy to help, but it looks like fordgtlover would be a better choice.

X2

heaps of experience making cables and modded a couple of IPODS and years making RC controlled cars but this will be my first project like this. after I have done mine I will let you guys know how iet went. i'm not strictly following the recipe; close enough though.
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2008 at 8:31 AM Post #25 of 138
I also do not need a usb cable if that makes it any cheaper dont worry about it but if not of course one can never have too meny cables
wink.gif
hey elliot??
tongue.gif

Nov 5, 2008 at 10:28 AM Post #27 of 138
Hey just wondering, could anyone tell me the size of this beastie? I am a little concerned that it won't fit in the enclosure I have selected
tongue_smile.gif

I think it will, but I'm not 100% on the height of the caps..

Nov 5, 2008 at 11:12 AM Post #28 of 138
ditto i'm keen to know that too because i'm thinking of dropping the case from the order and getting another nicer one that I can maybe later fit a DIY headphone amp into as well and perhaps a case that really nice RCA sockets wont look out of place on
wink.gif

Nov 5, 2008 at 12:28 PM Post #29 of 138
Board Dimensions: 2 " wide x 1.04 " (50.8mm wide x 26.4mm).

BantamDAC PC Board

The MKT1817 is 11.5mm, the Panasonic FM C7 cap is 12.5mm. The board is 1.6 mm thick, and the resistors on the bottom side add an extra 1 or 2 mm.

The recommended case is 16mm (internal height).

Jaycar sells a jiffy box (HB6015), which is 83 x 54 x 31 to fit a PCB 62 x 49 at a cost of $2.50. It also available in black, grey, clear, or translucent blue (priced up to a whopping $3.40 for the translucent blue one).

Nov 5, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #30 of 138
hmmm blue pico, blue pelican case, blue dac sounds like a plan; when are you doing the order elliot?? i'll have a look at jaycar tomorrow and then decide whether I want you to get a different case for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back