Australian BantamDAC Group Buy - Sign up!
Nov 7, 2008 at 12:53 PM Post #32 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by elliot42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please reply to this thread if you are definitely up for the group buy and write if you need the USB cable and any other customisations to the kit.

Hey E,

Just saw this. I'll go for any recommended upgrades etc. Surprise me
smily_headphones1.gif
Don't really need another USB cable but they never go astray I guess so I'll take one, any length at all.

Just PM me when you need money.

Thanks for doing this, much appreciated
beerchug.gif

Steve

Nov 7, 2008 at 3:53 PM Post #33 of 138
x2 like I said elliot i would like to take this as far as is practically possible but dont worry about upgrading the output caps because i've got that covered
wink.gif
maybe just the caps on the power rail. if there's any recommendations, somebody on the impressions thread mentioned pana FM on the power rail. ordered some better vampire rca sockets for output so dont worry about them. no steve not the top end vampires; just the same as the ones you ordered from percy. I figured would be overkill to use eichmann or cardas. going to jaycar to lok at cases tomorrow for sure so will let you know whether I need the case tomorrow elliot.

Nov 7, 2008 at 11:35 PM Post #36 of 138
Cool, I'll figure out a final BOM, taking into account any recommended upgrades. I think tomb had some preferred output caps and I'll have a browse of the impressions thread to pick anything else up. I'll probably work on that later today or tonight.

I was going to include the 3.5mm jack, but it seems that qusp will be using RCAs for output. Are there any specific requests for what output people want? 3.5mm, Male cable RCA, female chassis RCA??

Chassis mount RCA would be a squeeze, but apparently can be done, If you want anything specific let me know, otherwise it will be the cheaper, 3.5mm option. Difference would be about - Nickel female RCA ($2.5), Gold plated female RCA ($4), 3.5mm ($1.5).

Nov 7, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #37 of 138
I'm up for this.

Nov 8, 2008 at 2:41 AM Post #38 of 138
put me in for a couple of the mini sockets too i'll have both since i'm using a larger case; maybe install a decent switch as well so I can have both RCA and mini connected. I'm using female chassis mounted vampire RCA ;P not top of the line though/ about $10.50USD a pair; needs a .310 chassis hole anyone else who wants them can let me know before monday

Nov 8, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #40 of 138
any recommendations for cap upgrades for the power rail?? I dont need output cap upgrades because of the VCAP dock i'm building
evil_smiley.gif
but grab the default ones anyway I might throw them in for an A/B some time that why i'm adding the RCA

Nov 8, 2008 at 3:08 AM Post #41 of 138
have you guys seen this pic of a novelty case for the bantam? its just too funny I love it. not really gonna match the rest of my system but its a crack up.

Nov 8, 2008 at 3:28 AM Post #42 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any recommendations for cap upgrades for the power rail?? I dont need output cap upgrades because of the VCAP dock i'm building
evil_smiley.gif
but grab the default ones anyway I might throw them in for an A/B some time that why i'm adding the RCA

The recommended (C7) cap is the Panasonic FM or Nichicon UPW. I'm a big fan of the FMs; but both are very well regarded. AMB recommends both types in his amps - that's good enough for me.

Nov 8, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #43 of 138
what rating is it?where are the circuit diagrams I dont have it. could you let me know what rating the power caps are? or a link to where I can find the info myself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back