AUSTIN Meet - April 16, 2011 (3-6PM at Whetstone Audio)
Apr 6, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #47 of 110
Well, unless they sell before the meet I'll be bringing a Matrix M-Stage, Purity Audio KICAS and Schiit Asgard with power cables. No headphones though lol

Apr 6, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #48 of 110
I'd be excited to pair your Asgard with someone's Denon cans. I'd get to demo my whole rig before I buy it. lol

Quote:
Well, unless they sell before the meet I'll be bringing a Matrix M-Stage, Purity Audio KICAS and Schiit Asgard with power cables. No headphones though lol

Apr 7, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #49 of 110
Hey Guys!  I'll consume anything but Lone Star!  No, the beer is for everyone but I'll sure drink a sixer easy! 
L3000.gif

Apr 7, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #50 of 110
What, no bourbon?

Apr 9, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #55 of 110
I've made my plans and can now happily confirm my attendance.  I'll be bringing my modest collection for what that's worth.  Phones:  audio-technica ATH-ESW9, Sennheiser HD595, Phiaton MS400, AKG K240 Sextett.  Amp/DAC:  Emu 0404 USB, digiZoid "portable subwoofer", and I'm trying to decide on a suitable source that isnt my big-ass ASUS G73 laptop.   

Apr 9, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #57 of 110
Dieing to give those ESW9s a listen. I will probably pick up a pair later this year.

Quote:
I've made my plans and can now happily confirm my attendance.  I'll be bringing my modest collection for what that's worth.  Phones:  audio-technica ATH-ESW9, Sennheiser HD595, Phiaton MS400, AKG K240 Sextett.  Amp/DAC:  Emu 0404 USB, digiZoid "portable subwoofer", and I'm trying to decide on a suitable source that isnt my big-ass ASUS G73 laptop.

Apr 9, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #58 of 110
Apr 10, 2011 at 4:35 AM Post #60 of 110

Quote:
Dieing to give those ESW9s a listen. I will probably pick up a pair later this year.

They are my favorite phones for most music I listen to so I wouldn't dream of not bringing them.  I just wish I had one of my old desktop amps still;  I'm kind of in-between proper amps right now so hopefully some folks will be gracious enough to let us listen to them through their rig.  (Personally I'm dying to hear them on the Schiit amps)

I'm really stuck on what to do about a source.  All my lovingly-collected FLACs are on my laptop and the only other sources I have are my Samsung Captivate and an iPad; neither of which I can use with my Emu 0404 DAC.  Although I am excited about showing off what the digizoid ZO can do from a portable source and MP3s.  I also have a Sony SCD-CE595 but my SACD collection is pitifully small and the player itself is bigger than the laptop so can't really see much use in bringing that as an alternative. 

I was thinking ~If~ it's alright with the organizer, I might go ahead and bring my laptop and just keep it in its backpack if it becomes clear there just won't be enough space.  Or perhaps we can work out a trade?  Since our friend the owner seems to enjoy a healthy libation or two, and I happen to be a bit of a single-malt scotch lover, I'll promise to bring a bottle of something nice for his shop (Mayhaps Talisker, Lagavulin, Glenlivet 15, etc) and for the attendees to enjoy, and in exchange we maybe try to squeeze out a little room for my laptop. :)  I promise not to bring a mouse, just the power supply, if that helps.   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back