AUSTIN Meet - April 16, 2011 (3-6PM at Whetstone Audio)
Mar 28, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #31 of 110
This is perfect as I was already planning on taking a trip to Austin that weekend for RSD. I only have Grado 225i's, so not much to contribute but would love to go.

Austino

oh and i too will bring a six pack of something good.

Mar 28, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #32 of 110

I've been wanting to hear some Grados. So I'm okay with that. lol
Quote:
This is perfect as I was already planning on taking a trip to Austin that weekend for RSD. I only have Grado 225i's, so not much to contribute but would love to go.

Austino

oh and i too will bring a six pack of something good.

Mar 28, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #33 of 110
Haha yeah np I will bring em.

Doubt the gf will care as opposed to being bored, but she will probably get bored at record store day and record hunting then with the meet lol. May just have her do whatever and see if my dad wants to drive up for the meet. He is big into his turntable, amps, etc etc and would probably enjoy this. Can have the gf hang with friends for a few hours while nerding out.

Will figure it out as it gets closer, thanks for the invite can't wait to meet everyone (coming from the social anxiety 24 yr old who looks 14)

Mar 28, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #34 of 110
I'm in Houston, but I may be able to make it up there. I'll bring my ATH-W1000s if I haven't sold them by then.

On a side note, are there every any meetups in the Houston area? I know the HiFi situation down here sucks.

Mar 29, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #36 of 110
I also have a G73 that I could bring but I was hoping since the place isn't super big, we could save space if we didn't all bring 17" laptops. I know with the G73, I would have to find a plug and it would be difficult to move around. I know Brian has some rega cd players so maybe we could use some of those so we could just bring a couple cd's instead of large laptops. Sorry for the inconvenience but we're trying to make it as smooth as possible and I think large laptops might make it more difficult than it needs to be.

Mar 29, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #37 of 110

Well if any of my friggin Craigslist listing would sell I'd buy a smaller MacBook. lol
Quote:
I also have a G73 that I could bring but I was hoping since the place isn't super big, we could save space if we didn't all bring 17" laptops. I know with the G73, I would have to find a plug and it would be difficult to move around. I know Brian has some rega cd players so maybe we could use some of those so we could just bring a couple cd's instead of large laptops. Sorry for the inconvenience but we're trying to make it as smooth as possible and I think large laptops might make it more difficult than it needs to be.

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #38 of 110
My fault for not responding to the interest check 2 weeks ago (Sorry!), but this is - not kidding - on my fiancé's birthday. I don't think I'd make it to the wedding if I blew off lunch with her folks to go to this. I doubt I could make it from RR down, and back, without being noticed!

Have fun, and hopefully it goes well enough to warrant another meetup. Would have loved to hear cswann1's LD IVse, as I've been hemming and hawing about an LD for my 580s for a year now.

Apr 2, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #39 of 110
Okay. My gear is absolutely all over the place right now. I sold my Ultrasone Pro 750s, so I only have my TMA-1s now. E7, E9, Arrow 12 (in the mail, has shipped, so it should be here), Cowon J3...That may be it for me. I've been selling all my stuff to fund a new set of cans.

EDIT: Sorry I'm so flaky. D: I'm trying to get a million things done at once lately. Also, I'm so excited to hear some of those Denon cans before I decide to buy the D7000. I hate buying blind, and now I won't have to.

This should be my final final list, I swear.

AIAIAI TMA-1 (Can)
FiiO E7 (Amp)
FiiO E9 (Amp)
Arrow 12 HE 3G (Amp)
Cowon J3 (Source)

Apr 5, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #43 of 110
Really looking forward to trying some of this stuff...

Headphones:
DT 770 (It'd be cool to compare the 80 vs the 600 Ohm versions)
Schiit Asgard (Considering it after I buy my next headphone)
Denon 2k, 5k, 7k (Thinking the 7k will be my next headphone)

Oh, and I won't be bringing the NuForce Icon Mobile because it was an absolute pile of crap and I sent it in for a return. lol

EDIT: Repping the meet in my sig now.
beerchug.gif

Apr 5, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #44 of 110
I have no idea what I'm bringing now. A lot of my gear is selling so whatever is left I'll bring
floatsmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back