AUSTIN Meet - April 16, 2011 (3-6PM at Whetstone Audio)
Apr 14, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #77 of 110
If I were you, I wouldn't wait for the next one considering that there hasn't been one for at least the time that I've joined Head-fi (2007).

We need this one to be as big and as fun as possible so we'll get more attendance next time. It definitely seems like enough interest to me, and I'm super hype for it. We could easily have another, I think we just need to plan bigger next time.

Apr 14, 2011 at 4:02 AM Post #78 of 110
well guys i sold my hd800s so take them off the list i will bring, lcd-2, sony cd3k , mdr-xb700, and some headphones made with fostex t50rp.

seems like you guys got some good amps going so i wont bring mine.

Apr 14, 2011 at 10:05 AM Post #79 of 110
Well bummer I was hoping to listen to lcd-2's and hd800's, but no big deal congrats on the sell.

quietly wondering what amps runeight will be bringing. just realized this but for about the past year i always said it in my head as rune eight hahaha (even though I am interested in diy amps still would love to see which ones my ears seem to like)

PS: anyone bringing any DIY amps, bijou, ehha, b22, etc etc? Just curious...I guess I could go look at the main page again

Apr 14, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #80 of 110
As Morbid said, I hope you all have a righteously good time.  :)  I figure since I can't make this one, and I REALLY want to attend one at some point, I'll probably set out to organize one in about a year or so.  I even already have a venue.  :)  So I hope this one will be awesome so there will be interest in another.

Apr 14, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #81 of 110

Quote:
PS: anyone bringing any DIY amps, bijou, ehha, b22, etc etc? Just curious...I guess I could go look at the main page again

I'm bringing one, but it's nothing as fancy as those.  It's a breadboarded AC powered (dual voltage +-15v) mint circuit (meta42 basically) currently running the OPA-Moon opamp with dual buf634.  Sounds great with the HF-1s if I do say so myself.  I run the fubar DAC (with AD8620) through it everyday at work.  Only amp I completely built.  Played around with cmoys and the like and ended up building this one... probably 7 years ago :).  

Apr 14, 2011 at 11:30 AM Post #83 of 110
btw as mentioned before I will be bringing my grado 225i's. it is the only thing i have to contribute but i just did not see it on the list in case someone was wanting to listen.

never been to one but should i burn a cd or can i just use my iphone since it has all my music on it? maybe i will try ripping some cds in higher quality tonight.

Apr 14, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #84 of 110
I know I'll try to bring a mini to RCA for people wanting to bring a mp3 player or iphone. I'll try to call Brian today to see what the setup will be like but i'm sure a CD and iphone should suffice. If not, you can always listen in with whoever is trying out the equipment.

Apr 14, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #85 of 110
I know I'll try to bring a mini to RCA for people wanting to bring a mp3 player or iphone. I'll try to call Brian today to see what the setup will be like but i'm sure a CD and iphone should suffice. If not, you can always listen in with whoever is trying out the equipment.

I've got a Mini to RCA cable with me at all times, so I'll have that covered. Not a great cable, but it'll do. I imagine a CD would be fine at a HiFi audio shop. lol

Apr 14, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #86 of 110
nah i am going all out and will be bringing my music on cassettes...
wink.gif

yeah i will try and find my mini to rca and bring it. thanks for the heads up

Apr 14, 2011 at 12:43 PM Post #87 of 110
Looks like this is already more successful than Whetstone anticipated. Next time may need a bigger venue and I'd also suggest longer duration. Dallas meets were 9am to 5pm and the time just flew by.

Have a good meet guys and take lots of pictures.

Apr 14, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #88 of 110
Looks like this is already more successful than Whetstone anticipated. Next time may need a bigger venue and I'd also suggest longer duration. Dallas meets were 9am to 5pm and the time just flew by.

Have a good meet guys and take lots of pictures.

Yeah, the duration kind of bugs me now too. With this many people I think we need more time to introduce, much less have a listen with different gear.

I'm sure it'll be fun none the less. We just need to plan for a bigger one next time (sooner rather than later I hope).

Apr 14, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #89 of 110
yeah I wish it was longer too but beggars can't be choosers. I already glad that we can actually have an event after 4 years. Maybe Brian will be having such a good time that he'll extend his welcome. Who knows. Anyway, I made an edit to the OP. Basically we need some tables and on the safe side bring a power strip for your equipment. It's better to be safe than sorry. So whoever has a vehicle that can carry a table and has one available, please bring it so we can put our equipment on a table instead of the ground. Thanks!

Apr 14, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #90 of 110
wow just saw this.. i'm relatively new to the Head-fi thing.. too bad i'm already committed a Polk Audio gtg in Dallas this weekend or I'd love to come out and meet some of you and listen to some different cans and gear.. Looks quite popular though, i'll check it out the next time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back