Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner
Apr 16, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #466 of 1,320

Quote:
After postage it comes to $900, further to this it includes the $400 upgrade option i.e total cost would be in the region of $1.5k plu i.e. total saving of >= to $500, as such this justifies the purchasing it from the US.

What's everyones opinions on:

The WA 2 vs RSA Raptor for the LCD-2 Rev 2's for someone who listenings mainly to electronica?

Thanks,
Soapy 

You must know Jack Woo or something to get it at half price - Jack sells the unit from his front door at $1090USD!

Price: $1090

ColorBlackSilver
* Power cord and interconnection cables are not included.
* 1 pair of 6AS7/6080, 1 pair of 6922/6DJ8, and 1 pair of EZ80/6V4 are included.
* Shopping cart applies to the U.S. buyers only. International buyers please contact us for shipping cost and payment instruction.

Apr 16, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #467 of 1,320
It's a second hand unit mate - hence the $400 upgrade option. As I understand it Woo Audio don't provide the option any more.

How do you think it will go with the LCD-2 and electronic music?

Apr 16, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #469 of 1,320

Quote:
It's a second hand unit mate - hence the $400 upgrade option. As I understand it Woo Audio don't provide the option any more.

How do you think it will go with the LCD-2 and electronic music?

Very warm that's for sure! The WA2 is usually paired with the T1 for that reason - tames the slightly fizzy T1 treble end.

Sound stage won't be too bad with the LCD-2 but again - all about whether you're striving for warmth overall.

I like the magnetic planar LCD 2 and LCD 3 with solid state myself but plenty will tell they love their LCD2/3
 with a WA22 - it's way more expensive but at least the option is there for running dual x 3pin balanced down
 the road when your wallet has recovered.

Apr 17, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #470 of 1,320
You're upgrading relatively quickly galacticsoap!

LOL - Tell me about it. I can't quite believe that two weeks ago all I wanted was the Matrix M:Stage to run my DT 250's!

Sound stage won't be too bad with the LCD-2 but again - all about whether you're striving for warmth overall.

I do love a warm sound so that sounds great. I've heard hearsay that the OTL's sacrifice dynamic bass response when compared to a solid state. What I'm really after is an increase in warmth, plus similar if not better bass response than my current LCD-2 M-Stage Combination.

As an FYI my source is a PC > Audio-gd DI > DacMagic

Apr 17, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #471 of 1,320

Quote:
You're upgrading relatively quickly galacticsoap!

LOL - Tell me about it. I can't quite believe that two weeks ago all I wanted was the Matrix M:Stage to run my DT 250's!

I do love a warm sound so that sounds great. I've heard hearsay that the OTL's sacrifice dynamic bass response when compared to a solid state. What I'm really after is an increase in warmth, plus similar if not better bass response than my current LCD-2 M-Stage Combination.

As an FYI my source is a PC > Audio-gd DI > DacMagic

Tubes will play a part - the Sylvania 7236's are a nice touch but there's a tonne of tube rolling options out there to get
 the bass you're chasing.

Apr 18, 2012 at 3:56 AM Post #472 of 1,320
hey guys,

just popping in to say hi!

i'm a medstudent from that lives right near UNSW, so just offering if anyone wants to play around or have a listen to the limited stuff that i own let me know :).

nearly pulling the trigger on a stepdance and 15 volt mod. now just need some full sized earphones to actually use it with. I'm currently running ipod --> Whiplash USB LOD --> HPP1. Was thinking about maybe finding a cheap pair of HD600's? Has anyone got some suggestions?

since meeting up with currawong in Japan and hearing his transportable set up... it's all gone downhill/uphill from there!

cheers!

Apr 18, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #473 of 1,320
YO!!! UNSW student right here! BEngg/BComm :)

Apr 18, 2012 at 7:08 AM Post #475 of 1,320
There's this guy who worked at P3 lower campus before... And he spotted my TF10 and turns out he's a huge addict, but he left uni unfortunately...

Then I sold a pair of K701 to a friends' friend who owned the TF10, and I told him about aftermarket cables and sony hybrid tips as well as making him further purchase a E7/9 combo...

However the other friend who would be most interested in a meet would be uh, my girlfriend. If you have a few friends, a meet is possible. :) I've tried putting my everything in a luggage and drove to uni a few times haha

Apr 18, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #478 of 1,320
Cheeq88 - not sure if they are still on the forum but there was a Stepdance for sale in Perth on the headfi for sale column.

Apr 18, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #480 of 1,320
On the matter of voltage. My WA2 from Addicted to Audio actually says 230 on the voltage switch.

Getting upgrade itis from this place. I need to leave again for a while. Even been thinking about sending an email to this guy http://www.westonacoustics.com/default.htm and asking about making a custom headphone amp. (preamps with option headphone out exist, but they come across as preamps with headphone out rather than headamps with pre out) Seems to get praise on on a few Aussie forums...also Victorian, brofist etc.

Suppose I need to get up the courage and ask lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back