Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner
Oct 22, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #1,023 of 1,320
Some guy sat next to me on the train this morning wearing a Grado SR325. Nice one!

That happened to me once too. Except, strangely enough, I couldn't hear his music ...

Oct 29, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #1,025 of 1,320
Hi folks
recently I decided I'm going to sell off a bunch of my gear to get some new things in
admittedly everything I've ever on sold has been to someone I know to this point of my life.
making me pretty naive when it comes to internet selling

So I just like to ask those of you who've sold A-phile equipment before what you think the best channel to sell through is? eg head-fi classifieds, eBay, gumtree, this thread or somewhere else altogether?
and I love to hear any other selling tips you might offer

thanks

Oct 29, 2015 at 7:50 AM Post #1,026 of 1,320
Hi folks

recently I decided I'm going to sell off a bunch of my gear to get some new things in

admittedly everything I've ever on sold has been to someone I know to this point of my life.

So I just like to ask those of you who've sold A-phile equipment before what you think the best channel to sell through is? eg head-fi classifieds, eBay, gumtree, this thread or somewhere else altogether?

thanks

Head-Fi is OK but I think that eBay is probably the most successful.

Nov 1, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #1,027 of 1,320
  Hi folks

thanks

Most of my gear has been sold through GumTree. Occasionally I get sales through Head-Fi as well.

Nov 3, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #1,028 of 1,320
Thanks for your replies
have listed the following on eBay, if you're interested and you'd like a link to something pm me

FiiO X1
NAD Viso HP50
Moon Audio Black Dragon V2 (to suit Sennheiser HD700)
Moon Ausio Black Dragon V2 Premium (to suit Audeze LCD series)
Nordost Heimdall 2 (to suit Audeze LCD series)

later in the week I intend to also list
iFi iDSD Micro
Audeze LCD-XC

Nov 6, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #1,031 of 1,320
  Are these the same as the original q-Jays except with a removable cable?

These are completely redeveloped from ground up, from what I've read. Something like 5 years in development. (Don't quote me on that though)

Nov 6, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #1,032 of 1,320
  Are these the same as the original q-Jays except with a removable cable?

No - complete redesign

https://www.jays.se/q-jays - this has some good info about them

My review (Headfonia) - http://www.headfonia.com/review-jays-qjays/

Nov 11, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #1,033 of 1,320
Hi, everybody. I'm not from Australia or NZ, but I recently came across an old TT tonearm that was apparently popular among radio stations in Australia, and I'm looking to find a source for a few parts I'm missing, since they're impossible to procure in the U.S. The tonearm is an old Syntec S-220 (known also as a Piezo PU402), and I'm missing the counterweights/side weights, mounting hardware, and stand. The arms were apparently often paired with PL-10s back in the day and sold as a bundle.

The first photo below shows my tonearm, and the second shows a complete example. If you know anybody who might have an unused S-220 lying around (or maybe an old PL-10 that might have an S-220 mounted on it), I'd be interested in buying the parts I'm missing. Just let me know!

Nov 18, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #1,035 of 1,320
  Hey all,

Does anyone know where I can buy a Pelican 1040 case in Melbourne?

I am going to buy one online otherwise, but if I can get one in person, all the better :)

Scott

I see you're in Melbourne, have you tried calling Acustoms (they're in the CBD). They sell all manners of IEMs technically they should have pelican cases even though their website doesn't show it. No harm in asking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back