Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner
Dec 17, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #902 of 1,320
$689 or so, for the body. Came with a free zoom lens, as well.

that was the sale price, I think it's closer to $800 now - still with a free zoom lens, until the end of Jan.

Great deal. 

Picking up the 35mm on Friday for it, I'm so excited!

Wow! And here I'm walking around with a $500 DSLR... xD
I think I'll deal with the bulk of it.

Jan 27, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #906 of 1,320
I will answer my own question and just say that I am getting my impressions done through Bay Audiology here in Timaru next week (right before Superbowl!).  I will update how it goes.  What was interesting was having to explain to the two different audiologists what CIEMs are.  Doesn't really fill me with confidence, but I hope to be surprised!

Jan 27, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #907 of 1,320
I will answer my own question and just say that I am getting my impressions done through Bay Audiology here in Timaru next week (right before Superbowl!).  I will update how it goes.  What was interesting was having to explain to the two different audiologists what CIEMs are.  Doesn't really fill me with confidence, but I hope to be surprised!

I think so long as they go to the 2nd bend in the canal and you use a bite block and don't move, you should be ok.

Jan 28, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #908 of 1,320
Thanks heaps for the reassurance.  I have been asking around to see if anybody could comment on reputations, but it seems that nobody knows anything and I have had to just book and hope.

Jan 28, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #909 of 1,320
  What was interesting was having to explain to the two different audiologists what CIEMs are.  Doesn't really fill me with confidence, but I hope to be surprised!

Best to call up other audiologists in your area? As a very rough rule of thumb if they know what CIEMs are at least they sound like they know what they are doing. Applied to mine. I wasn't feeling confident when I called up an audiologist and he has never taken ear impressions for CIEMs before so I found another who did. The company making my customs accepted it readily. YMMV
But regardless, once you have your ear impressions taken, just shoot the company making your CIEMs an email showing detailed pictures of your impressions from different angles before you ship them off to verify whether they are usable or not.

Jan 28, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #910 of 1,320
I tried both (yes, we only have two) and unfortunately it is a two hour drive to the next set of audiologists, which would make for some very expensive impressions.
But regardless, once you have your ear impressions taken, just shoot the company making your CIEMs an email showing detailed pictures of your impressions from different angles before you ship them off to verify whether they are usable or not.

That is what I shall do.  Cheers.

Feb 5, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #911 of 1,320
Anyone interested in a RockJaw IEM Australia/NZ tour - please advise interest here : http://www.head-fi.org/t/753911/rockjaw-iem-australia-nz-tour

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #912 of 1,320
I saw someone on the train yesterday wearing an ATH-W1000X. I was then wondering if that person is lurking around here...

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #913 of 1,320
  I saw someone on the train yesterday wearing an ATH-W1000X. I was then wondering if that person is lurking around here...

Pretty expensive gear to be taking on public transport here in Sydney. Was it in the city or out west?

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #914 of 1,320

Pretty expensive gear to be taking on public transport here in Sydney. Was it in the city or out west?

He got on the train at Seven Hills station. I was trying to strike a conversation with him but he seemed preoccupied with other things and I didn't want to bother him...

Feb 7, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #915 of 1,320
He got on the train at Seven Hills station. I was trying to strike a conversation with him but he seemed preoccupied with other things and I didn't want to bother him...

Sydney dwellers are antisocial folk. You should know that by now! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back