Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner
Feb 24, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #781 of 1,320
  I'm only banned from one thread, but I did not get any notification of the fact.
The first I knew of it was when I was refused access to the thread.

This has been the case for me as of late. I've only had 1-2 actual warnings from mods for disruptive thread crapping in threads since I can't help but speak out loud when everybody else is sucking bs in.

Feb 24, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #782 of 1,320
I wonder if I'm banned from any..

(Should we be discussing this?)

Well it's the "Member's Lounge (General Discussion)" section, so I guess we can discuss anything..

Mar 3, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #784 of 1,320
Why, what's there on Sundays?

i have a revolver membership somewhere...i wonder if it still works! (i never actually liked revolver...i only had a membership because they gave me one because i was involved in the hip hop scene and used to take photos at hip hop shows there).

Mar 3, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #785 of 1,320
Just stumbled across this forum - glad to see there are some other Kiwis seeking audio nirvana. It's ridiculous how much rubbish people wear on their heads around Auckland. There's only one (maybe two) retailers that stock decent cans (Stereoworld in Mt Eden has just expanded). I got my Beyer 880s from Trade Me and my ODAC off eBay. Wish I could have tried a few cans out before I bought, but I'm happy with my current set up.

Anyone know of a meet in Auckland any time soon?

Mar 3, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #786 of 1,320
  Just stumbled across this forum - glad to see there are some other Kiwis seeking audio nirvana. It's ridiculous how much rubbish people wear on their heads around Auckland. There's only one (maybe two) retailers that stock decent cans (Stereoworld in Mt Eden has just expanded). I got my Beyer 880s from Trade Me and my ODAC off eBay. Wish I could have tried a few cans out before I bought, but I'm happy with my current set up.

Anyone know of a meet in Auckland any time soon?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/703390/new-zealand-meet-may-24th-in-auckland

Edit: actually you can try out few cans in Auckland. Computer Lounge sells many head-fi gear, I got most of my gear from them.

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:44 AM Post #790 of 1,320
Just in case if there's anyone who has not heard about it, there's a category 3 storm codenamed 'Lusi' heading to NZ, particularly northland. Survival kits and supplies are heavily recommended. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11218607 

Mar 17, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #792 of 1,320
Aucklander here selling my Ultrasone PRO-900, rather sell to local than shipping overseas. Purcahses locally anyone keen? I've listed it in the Sale area of Headfi and trademe too

Mar 18, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #793 of 1,320
Very interested in seeing/demoing some headsets at that NZ meet. In NZ its harder to find people with that hobby :)

Also, are there any aucklanders here which own the UM3x or the SM3v2? im thinking of buying one of these, but would like to audition something as i havent even heard of something in that price range for IEM's. If anyone has anything else that live in Auckland Central they are willing to demo (even for a bit) that would be cool :)

On a side note: I am selling my Hifiman HE-400 with custom Artemis silver cables (bought for $100) with hard carry case. Can bundle with amp/dac I have, Nuforce HDP black (with custom usb cable- bought $65). PM me and I can post you pictures :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back