AUSDOM M05 With APT-X WorldWide Review ------Reviewers Wanted !
Jan 11, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #181 of 220
Best solution - it is bluetooth with built in amplifier, so possibly a bass boost switch?  Flatter setting for those of us who like it cleaner sounding, and bass boost switch for the younger mainstream. Best of both worlds, and would make it very unique.

Jan 11, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #182 of 220
  Best solution - it is bluetooth with built in amplifier, so possibly a bass boost switch?  Flatter setting for those of us who like it cleaner sounding, and bass boost switch for the younger mainstream. Best of both worlds, and would make it very unique.

That would be pretty cool. Toss a button on there that let's you cycle between a few basic built in eq settings.

Jan 11, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #183 of 220
Funny thing is that the anc7 prototype that I have is actually flatter with the noise canceling switched on. With it off, it's similar to the m05.

However, it may be changed before it's released on sale.

Jan 11, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #184 of 220
Hows the isolation with it Ian?

Jan 11, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #185 of 220
At the moment, the same as m05 but pads might change.

Like many noise cancelers, when switched in, the bass frequencies are lessened which in the case of the anc7 is actually a good thing. The circuit still needs a little 'tuning'.

I'll comment more if/when the anc7 goes out. Got someone having a look at the m05 with a frequency measuring rig to see if any mods are possible that would help to flatten the frequency response. If it measures better then at least we know that it is doing an even better job. The biggest problem might be the fact that the electronics are in one cup so straight away, there is probably a discrepancy between the sound of each side.

If just the bass hump was taken down, it would improve it a lot. I think there is actually a clash of interests though as well with regards to the headphone market.

There are the Beats lovers who like a massively raised bass and then there are people like us. I think we're the minority because we tend to be slightly purist in our views as to what makes a good headphone.

As it stands, it's good for the price; especially if you check the price of the Matrix, which has now taken a price hike. It's even going out on Massdrop at a very high price. Far higher than it was when I first saw it in Amazon.

In effect, these are the same headphone, so the Ausdom is a far better buy without Massdrop!!

If the sound can actually be tweaked a little, it could be a killer bluetooth offering at a great price. I very much took the pricing into consideration in my review and I don't think much else gets close at this price.

Jan 11, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #186 of 220
Hopefully I'll get a chance to try it and compare with the QC25 - once they've finished with the tuning.

Jan 11, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #187 of 220
That would be nice. Only thing is that the QC25 sells at a massively higher price. I use a Senn PXC450; again, a way more expensive headphone, so I had a problem comparing the noise supreesion and exactly how much better then Senn should be.

On planes, the Senns are superb but the electronics still produce a small amount of hiss. The qc25 is the quietest I've heard since the technology has moved on, but how much noise is acceptable at the low prices offered by Ausdom?

Truth is, in noisy environments, the noise is less intrusive but at home, you notice it more. With the anc7, I prefer the sound as far as frequency response with it switched on. But then there are the elctronics to consider as well.

Jan 11, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #188 of 220

Best part about this is you could simply add this in some kind of software revision if these can be updated. on a previous pair of headphones you can turn bass boost on or off by holding both volume buttons for a few seconds (LG Tones). This could be done without even having to add another button.

Jan 13, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #189 of 220
I've finally posted my review. I took way too long to get to this. Planning to write reviews during the holidays is a fool's errand. This fool didn't manage to do it. Read the review here.

Jan 13, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #191 of 220

I've finally posted my review. I took way too long to get to this. Planning to write reviews during the holidays is a fool's errand. This fool didn't manage to do it. Read the review here.

Worth the wait. Great review
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you! G'night.

Jan 17, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #192 of 220
Solderdude on DIYAH has looked at the M05 with the intention of getting the frequency response more even and to an extent has been able to improve it through some simple mods. He'll probably post them for anyone interested on there.

We spoke today and he described the kinds of things and showed me the mods that take the bass down. Also, look in the mirror while wearing them. Due to the design, the up/down movement if the cups might not be enough to get a decent seal at the bottom of the cups.

It is possible to improve them.

Jan 17, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #193 of 220
Thanks Ian - definitely interested in permanent mods.  Still loving using these on a regular basis.

Jan 17, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #195 of 220
I think he's cracked it. Saw his graphs with differences. He's doing a bit more with it perhaps tonight as well so there are improvements that are definitely possible.

Looking forward to seeing this. :) While I liked the stock sound, I'm always interested in potential improvements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back