AUS import tax - alessandro
Nov 4, 2007 at 1:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

limathy

100+ Head-Fier
hi just wondering if anyone in australia has ordered a ms1/ms2 from alessandro, and wondering if you had to pay any fee's, and how much they were.

trying to see if its worth waiting a few weeks n ordering online, we all know local prices suck.

Nov 4, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #2 of 14
Australian Customs only charge import duties for items valued at over $AU1000 (based on the value of the item as it is declared on the shipping label).

Nov 4, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #3 of 14
I had to pay no extra fee's ordering it to New Zealand.

It took about 4 months to arrive though... That was December-January though, so you should be ok now.

Nov 4, 2007 at 3:18 AM Post #4 of 14
sweet... cheers guys,
means i aint going to be buying local anymore,

Nov 4, 2007 at 8:30 AM Post #5 of 14
For alessandros, you could always try headphones.com.au. The ms-1s are about $150aud which is roughly the same when compared to most import shipping fees.

I think they even have a shop front in perth so you can audition if you like.

Nov 4, 2007 at 11:38 AM Post #6 of 14
ummm its actually a lot cheaper to import, i bought a lot of stuff from headphonic.

but at $99 shipped which is about $115AUS still a fair bit under the 150 at headphonic, gives me money to get a pair of pk3's almost, or maybe some 414 pads etc.

Nov 5, 2007 at 3:58 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had to pay no extra fee's ordering it to New Zealand.

It took about 4 months to arrive though... That was December-January though, so you should be ok now.

Ouch, thats a long time for shipping. Especially as we're not far away from that December-January period...

I suppose I should order them soon to avoid it...
tongue.gif

Nov 5, 2007 at 4:10 AM Post #10 of 14
yeh 4months is long.... wondering if impatience will get the best of me, n i'll buy local

Nov 5, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #11 of 14
Lucky aussies, we Canadians pay 15% taxes on everything that isn't marked a "gift". And most stores don't want to "commit fraud" by doing that.
frown.gif

Nov 5, 2007 at 5:13 AM Post #12 of 14
ouch, for once i'm glad i live in australia... one of the VERY VERY things we have better....

Nov 5, 2007 at 11:07 AM Post #13 of 14
as I explained in another thread on Alessandro import taxes, Belgium slaps 21% VAT on (almost) everything above $20 and it calculates import taxes on full price (+VAT) AND shipping cost!

enjoy your import luck you darned aussies
wink.gif

Nov 5, 2007 at 7:50 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by PascalT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lucky aussies, we Canadians pay 15% taxes on everything that isn't marked a "gift". And most stores don't want to "commit fraud" by doing that.
frown.gif

Well, our luck often translates into us being willing to give the gift of labelling our Head-Fi sales as "gift"s
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Televator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
as I explained in another thread on Alessandro import taxes, Belgium slaps 21% VAT on (almost) everything above $20 and it calculates import taxes on full price (+VAT) AND shipping cost!

enjoy your import luck you darned aussies
wink.gif

Our government is also quite open/supportive to "importing" Belgians (and other nationalities) should you wish to avoid the VAT (though you'd need to be importing a fair bit of gear to justify the moving costs!
blink.gif
).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back