Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Oct 26, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #3,136 of 3,454
Just figured I'd jump in the fray...

I've owned these for about 6-8 months now and love 'em. They are my go-to exercise IEMs. I agree with what most people say about them... nice and balanced.

The only things I don't like about them:

- the stock tips come off too easily and stick in my ears. The first time this happened I didn't realize one of the tips was still in my ear and I'm digging around on the ground looking for the bugger. An hour later I realized it was still in my ear.

- the stock tips aren't durable enough. I've had a few tear already. It seems they deform with heat (coming from the seal between them and my ears).

I've used other tips - HIFIMAN and some radioshack type tips and I didn't think they made the grade. Any other recommendations on tips that last and stay in place?

I had that happen when I was wearing my Noble 6 with Spin Fit tips. Had to dig the tip out of my ear canal with the arm of my sunglasses. A deeply traumatic experience.

I bought some of these Rockets at an irresistible price and am looking forward to hearing them. Is it true that they're no good out of a smartphone?

Oct 26, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #3,137 of 3,454
I got them for a great price as well. I think around $120 brand new.

No they're fine out of a smart phone. To get a optimal listening level I'm at around 2 or 3 ticks down from full volume on my iPhone.

Oct 26, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #3,139 of 3,454
Probably Kickstarter campaign. They were originally $99 and up. 

Oct 26, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #3,140 of 3,454
Nov 4, 2015 at 4:56 AM Post #3,145 of 3,454
For those who have owned these iems for quite some time now,

Anybody had issues with the lack of strain reliefs on the wires near the earpieces? Unless the cable is not bendable at that point (which is unlikely), it will likely bend/deform in time and eventually fail.

Nov 4, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #3,146 of 3,454
  For those who have owned these iems for quite some time now,

Anybody had issues with the lack of strain reliefs on the wires near the earpieces? Unless the cable is not bendable at that point (which is unlikely), it will likely bend/deform in time and eventually fail.

Don't have one yet, but considering getting one. According to aurisonics they have internal strain relief inside the housing. I ask them if its safe to sleep on the side with, and was answered the only concern would be comfort due to the tri tabs which can be removed.

Nov 24, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #3,147 of 3,454
I dropped mine today on a tole floor and the left ear piece is now dead. I bought them 2nd hand and I'm in Vietnam. Am I up the creek with these?

Nov 24, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #3,148 of 3,454
Never mind - I went to their website and they aren't covered. So much for being indestructible...It was a drop of about 1.3 meters. Disappointed to say the least.

Nov 24, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #3,149 of 3,454
I'd still contact Aurisonic support. You might not be covered under the original warranty due to being a second owner but they still might be able to help you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back