Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Mar 31, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #2,836 of 3,454
Curious if the mics with issues are TiN coated? Could be the coating is causing tolerance issues and turning short clicks into long clicks. No coating might be the best way to go on mic models. Hope you guys get it resolved.

My TiN coated set is pretty much perfect so far, but I've only had them for a day.

Mar 31, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #2,837 of 3,454
Hey peeps. From what I've read from some fellow members, they would favor the ER4S over the Rockets for whatever (valid) reason they pointed out...but for all you Rockets owners: What made you favor this set of iem over the Etys????

Mar 31, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #2,838 of 3,454
  Hey peeps. From what I've read from some fellow members, they would favor the ER4S over the Rockets for whatever (valid) reason they pointed out...but for all you Rockets owners: What made you favor this set of iem over the Etys????

They're extremely durable, for one.

Mar 31, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #2,839 of 3,454

Wow this question... I go back and forth between the Rockets and ER4S. Just when I'm totally convinced that one is better than the other, I'll switch and be blown away all over again. They're similar but definitely different enough to warrant having both, so to me it's not really an either/or thing.

I wrote a comparison here.

Mar 31, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #2,840 of 3,454

I had a few reasons... Probably the chief reason is the build. I was already a fan of Aurisonics from the start of it. I thought I was content with the far less stellarly built RE400s, which did get a lot of daily use (and am one of the few people who had an original run and didn't have build issues). However despite the lack of build issues, I knew they wouldn't stand up on runs or in the gym for a multitude of reasons. I did consider the ER4S but I kept on straying from it, even though they seemed pretty well built I wasn't confident they'd stand up to that abuse. So when the Rockets came out on Kickstarter I jumped on it. Second is the price, I got two sets one mic one nonmic for less the price of 1 ER4S. (Super steal backer). Third is the fit. I've never really been content with Ety fit. Perhaps I've never had one long enough to learn how to fit them properly, but they've always felt invasive to me and not very comfortable. I felt more confident with the Rockets tip selection and design than the deep fit of the Etys. And the last reason is I always found treble on the Etys fatiguing, though I've been told that was probably due to fit/filter used. I might eventually buy a pair of ER4Ss down the line just to have them (up until now I've either demo'd or once borrowed from a friend trying to convert me), but I'm more than content with the Rockets being my everyday IEMs. 

Apr 1, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #2,841 of 3,454

Because I never see ER4S in my country. It's a love in a first try when I did try several IEMs in the store (SE215/LTD, Igy, MA750i, EPH100, etc.). Though I feel too much to threw my money to afford this and bought MA750i instead. Then 3 days later I sold MA750i cos I cant stand the fit and the V-shape sig and the day after I came to shop again and get the Rockets. 

I bought EPH100 a week later as a backup but ended up sell it to my friend (along with my iTouch 5) for another week. The sound is wonderful for some song, and ****ty for another. Unlike rockets which is lovely whatever kind of music you listen to. And the durability+waterproof that I'm confidence use it in the boat when I'm out scuba diving, but ended up freaking out cos my DAP isn't waterproof when a big wave suddenly hit me and I'm wet from head to toe in one big splash. Luckily both are fine.

Apr 1, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #2,844 of 3,454
Curious if the mics with issues are TiN coated? Could be the coating is causing tolerance issues and turning short clicks into long clicks. No coating might be the best way to go on mic models. Hope you guys get it resolved.

No TiN coating for me, standard mic Rockets. Thanks! I'm sure we will, Dale and his team have been more than helpful in the past.

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #2,845 of 3,454

Thanks for confirming that I am not the only one experiencing this issue. I have posted on Kickstarter and also emailed  rockets@aurisonics.com which Dales suggested another supporter to do on Saturday.  So far no response.  I'll give them a few days before I contact again.

Today I also discover a different issue that I did not notice earlier ...  a short click on the mic button is supposed to pause and resume the audio or video player on the iPad.  My other earphone can do this reliably but the Rockets often turn it into what the iPad interprets as a long press and therefore Siri is brought up instead.

Something is definitely not working properly with the mic assembly on my Rockets.

Sounds like we have doppelganger Rockets! I have exactly the same issue with Siri, was hoping it would go away with button wear-in but it unfortunately hasn't.

I'd post on the Kickstarter page, but since I wasn't a backer I don't have access. Let me know how the e-mail correspondence goes, I'll probably shoot them an e-mail too over the coming days now that I know its not just an issue with my setup.

Cheers

One more symptom, again related to the mic unit.  Today Siri started to tell me "she" could not understand what I said so I did a voice memo and found that the mic started to make static/crackling sound.  I will send mine back after confirming the shipping arrangement.  I was told that since I am not in the US, I may need to take care of the return shipping myself.

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:37 AM Post #2,847 of 3,454
Buy the Rockets. Take your extra cash and by the Dunu Titan. There.

I'm thinking of getting the Rocket or Dunu DN2000 but not sure which one to get. I can test the Rockets at a shop but have no access to DN2000.

Does anyone have a comparison of these IEMs?

Apr 2, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #2,850 of 3,454
 I don't need 2 IEMs. Doesn't really help answer my question.

Diversity is always good :wink:

Seriously you will get bored with one IEM as you familiarize yourself with the sound sig., at least that's what I've come to notice... 

Yes it does. Necrow sees my point. Also, you still have to state what you're looking for exactly (in terms of sound/signature). I own the Dunu 2k and the Titan. Titan is amazing for it's price!

You have 50 plus pages to sort through the dn2k - tldr; people have mixed feelings. I got this two days ago and I'm still sorting my ears to the bundle! I'm also expecting my ihifi 770 via massdrop so that might be a game changer for my crazy collection.

Short impression of dn2k:
Requires patience with accessories.
Highly source dependent.
Feels less as a honeymoon compared to the Titan.
It's decent/ymmv/no acute wow gratification for the price you paid! So if you asked my opinion, better bite the bullet or don't bother! :)

Edit: it feels like a dragon ball z iem...some users might just need a while to make it to level 2,5000

Users who are viewing this thread

Back