Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Aug 30, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #1,366 of 3,454
Hey @Shotgunshane, are the sony hybrid tips similar to the mh1 tips? I'm using the hybrid tips without the tri tab. They simply disappear. You should give it a try since the cable is reinforced and pulling on it to remove the rockets won't damage the earphone...or so I hope. Also a plus, the tips happen to stay on the rockets 
etysmile.gif
 Thing you have to ask yourself is, were the tri tabs also made to help remove the rockets from your ear canal? Or are the tri tabs there to just hold them in place?

Aug 30, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #1,367 of 3,454
  Hey @Shotgunshane, are the sony hybrid tips similar to the mh1 tips? I'm using the hybrid tips without the tri tab. They simply disappear. You should give it a try since the cable is reinforced and pulling on it to remove the rockets won't damage the earphone...or so I hope. 

They look similar enough but they usually sound different. The MH1 tips are longer and they also isolate better due to their texture. 

Aug 30, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #1,368 of 3,454
  Hey @Shotgunshane, are the sony hybrid tips similar to the mh1 tips? I'm using the hybrid tips without the tri tab. They simply disappear. You should give it a try since the cable is reinforced and pulling on it to remove the rockets won't damage the earphone...or so I hope. 

There is no way you'll damage the cable by pulling on it. It is quite literally impossible for the cable joint to give in under normal use, there's just too much there to keep it in place.

Aug 30, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #1,369 of 3,454
They look similar enough but they usually sound different. The MH1 tips are longer and they also isolate better due to their texture. 

Wider bore too, iirc.

Aug 30, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #1,371 of 3,454
  Hey @Shotgunshane, are the sony hybrid tips similar to the mh1 tips? I'm using the hybrid tips without the tri tab. They simply disappear. You should give it a try since the cable is reinforced and pulling on it to remove the rockets won't damage the earphone...or so I hope. Also a plus, the tips happen to stay on the rockets 
etysmile.gif
 Thing you have to ask yourself is, were the tri tabs also made to help remove the rockets from your ear canal? Or are the tri tabs there to just hold them in place?

Hybrids are similar to the MH1 tips but like Skies said, the MH1 tips are typically longer for each size and have a different texture.  I tend to prefer MH1 tips over Hybrids as a personal preference.

The tri-tabs are to help hold them in but can provide something to pull on.  I'm currently not using them though.  I don't typically need to tug on the cable to remove them but the cable ends up getting pushed on when inserting them.  Really love the cable.

Aug 30, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #1,372 of 3,454
Aug 30, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #1,373 of 3,454

Hybrids are similar to the MH1 tips but like Skies said, the MH1 tips are typically longer for each size and have a different texture.  I tend to prefer MH1 tips over Hybrids as a personal preference.

The tri-tabs are to help hold them in but can provide something to pull on.  I'm currently not using them though.  I don't typically need to tug on the cable to remove them but the cable ends up getting pushed on when inserting them.  Really love the cable.

I love the cable too. I've been literally abusing the cable by wrapping the cable around my phone or my hand when I'm putting my phone in my pocket, something I'd usually avoid doing to avoid cable memory, but no matter what I do the cable just straightens itself out after sitting for a few seconds.

Aug 31, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #1,378 of 3,454
Pretty sure the MH1 tips have a narrower bore than the hybrids. Also the MH1 tips flatten out slightly at the end of the tip. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Ok now we're just going the wrong way.

Even if the Hybrids and the MH1 tips have the same size opening, the stem is of a wider bore on the MH1 tips. I wish I was home this weekend to check this.

Aug 31, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #1,380 of 3,454

Users who are viewing this thread

Back