Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Feb 2, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #631 of 3,454
  That's great! Also, each Rocket come with the 4 different sized sureseal tips right?

Yes, this is so. 2 sets of each size. Small, Medium, Medium plus and large

Feb 2, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #633 of 3,454
I really can't wait to give these things a spin. I'm so jazzed about the bulletproof build and superior comfort. I've been using the EarPods to listen to podcasts at night but as comfortable as those tend to be, they do exert some pressure on your ears when you're lying down.

Feb 2, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #635 of 3,454
Now that we have officially hit 200k... I wonder what that idea Dale had in store for that was. I am curious. 

Feb 2, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #638 of 3,454
He mentioned a special little stretch goal? That's great.

Not a stretch goal per say, but he mentioned wanting to do something special if we hit 200k.

"Tri-tabs and flanges will be clear/frosted, but if we manage to hit $200k, we might just do something special..."

I'm guessing that it has something to do with different colour tritabs, but I'd like to hear it from the man himself. 

Feb 2, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #639 of 3,454

That's great to hear.  I thought the leather pouch was ONLY included with those who backed a tier that included a hard case.

Nope, it was stated numerous times that everyone would be getting a softcase.  The hardcase was for people who wanted a waterproof case since the softcase isn't entirely waterproof :p

Feb 2, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #640 of 3,454
Guys they announced (in the comments) that they are making an over ear headphone.
No sure if I should cancel and wait for that. Solely because of noise cancelation. Also I need something to use for sleeping, like long road trips; I think they mentioned it somewhere that you could probably use them even when sleeping.

How good is it? They said 24dB but are there any noise canceling headphones as examples to compare?
Like which headphones are equal, worse and better in noise cancelation.

Feb 2, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #641 of 3,454
Any over ear headphone design they are thinking about appears to be in a concept phase so I wouldn't cancel your order for that.

Feb 2, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #642 of 3,454
Guys they announced (in the comments) that they are making an over ear headphone.
No sure if I should cancel and wait for that. Solely because of noise cancelation. Also I need something to use for sleeping, like long road trips; I think they mentioned it somewhere that you could probably use them even when sleeping.

How good is it? They said 24dB but are there any noise canceling headphones as examples to compare?
Like which headphones are equal, worse and better in noise cancelation.

Here is my personal take geo. For sleeping I always prefer small in ears if anything. I can't sleep at all with fullsized cans on. Even on the metro, I find myself awakening if the earcup hits something. Long road trips are variable. I can wear a really comfortable pair of either on both with few issues. 

Also there was no indication that Aurisonics are going to make an ANC over the ear. Honestly, knowing Dale, I some how doubt he would go with ANC unless he redoes the technology, because ANC normally doesn't bode well for sound quality. So for just blocking out noise, I feel like Rockets would be better at isolation. In Ears tend to be better at isolation than on ears, and these are basically earplugs. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back